Become a Patron!

Saving Money

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just had a friend comment on My vape collection,He said"What a waste of money"....I returned with "I have spent My money on something called Durable goods....Instead of buying ciggs,a Consumable goods...The end results are instead of an ashtray full of butts and ash,I have a collection of electric wonders that have changed My life forever....Me,1....Him,0..:rolleyes:..Z

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excellent way to put it, and one cannot possibly have an argument to that, WORD!!!!!
nod_80_anim_gif_zpsaho53go8.gif

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I totally agree! I call my devices-My Trophies" each one represents cartons of cigarettes I didn't buy! I can't imagine how many garbage cans would show off my 30+ year smoking habit- waste of money and health!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Waste of money is subjective. Plenty of people enjoy spending their money on things I wouldn't and vice versa. When they spend their money they get to determine what's a 'waste', hence why it's their money and not my money. Different priorities for different people, I see health nuts who are some holistic healthy diet, they don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, don't vape etc say crap like that - then turn right around and spend over a dollar on a small bottle of water several times a day. It's like you know that shit's free right? It literally falls out of the sky. Everyone has their quirks they choose to spend money on lol.

So long as you're happy screw 'em. When they start contributing to the money in your wallet then they get to have an opinion. Until then tell 'em to zip it. :p

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anything that does not have a value to be sold or traded, has no value.

We go to a movie theatre, watch a movie, eat popcorn and drink a pop. We get nothing other than a memory. You can't resell any of it.

We pay our money for entry into an amusement park. Same thing.

But to us, they have personal value. Unfortunately, that does not pay the bills or feed our family.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just had a friend comment on My vape collection,He said"What a waste of money"....I returned with "I have spent My money on something called Durable goods....Instead of buying ciggs,a Consumable goods...The end results are instead of an ashtray full of butts and ash,I have a collection of electric wonders that have changed My life forever....Me,1....Him,0..:rolleyes:..Z
waste of money is very subjective.
collecting is a legit hobby and all hobbies cost money. I see nothing wrong with collecting mods.
some people collect coins, stamps, trading cards, etc. but at least these devices are functional. similar to collecting/building RC cars

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As my wife was nice to point out.
1. Everyone wanted me to get a hobby.
2. I still spend less than if I smoked.
I worry about spending the money on vaping gear, everyone else thinks it is great and encourages me. Especially since it got me to stop smoking.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To my husband, who is neither a smoker nor vaper, this is one of the very best aspects of vaping: I'm no longer turning money into ashes and stink. Instead, 1) I no longer smoke, 2) vape gear, even the consumable parts, costs a TINY FRACTION of what smoking cost, and c) I now have a nice collection of attractive and useful mods and a few atties that I truly love. And I also have a new group of friends, online, who share my interest.

Andria

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally really didn't save much money till I got into diy and building my own coils...For some that may not fit into their forte but those two are the most costly buying retail and can cost upwards of what smoking did...I can vape 30ml in a day and if I had to spend $15.00 a day for 30ml of ejuice and another 10 to 20 a month on coils that may or may not work properly it would cost me far more than smoking but I cant say I do enjoy the added health regardless.

Last edited:

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've told People that You can buy a mod,battery/ies and juice for less than a carton of death,use it for two weeks and throw it away and buy it all over again and You would still save money....Z

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the thing is, if you're a hobby vaper as many of us are around here, you do build up a nice collection, or even a ridiculous collection, and that's VISIBLE, so shiny and pretty. :) Tell someone who doesn't smoke that your collection represents a TINY FRACTION of what you would have spent on smoking, they don't believe it; because the evidence disappears -- all except the cancer and COPD parts, that is. And the fact that the evidence disappears is so convenient for those who don't want the public to know how they profit from disease and death, oh no, they want to be seen as SAVIORS, with all their "just quit" and useless NRT snake-oil. Obviously, if VAPING can help a whole lot of previously-diehard smokers to quit, it must not be THAT hard... if you go about it in the RIGHT way. Talk about your uncomfortable and inconvenient truths. ;)

Andria

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The way I see it with any hobby is, if you enjoy it, then it's not a waste of money, No matter what anyone thinks! As for vaping, not exposing my family to second hand smoke, and the fact that vaping is helping me kick the "sticks" makes it worth every penny! And my house smelling like a bakery / ice cream parlor instead of a dirty ashtray is just an added bonus.

BTW, @SirRichardRear I noticed in your above post that you mentioned R/C cars. Are you in the R/C hobby?

Shawn

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The way I see it with any hobby is, if you enjoy it, then it's not a waste of money, No matter what anyone thinks! As for vaping, not exposing my family to second hand smoke, and the fact that vaping is helping me kick the "sticks" makes it worth every penny! And my house smelling like a bakery / ice cream parlor instead of a dirty ashtray is just an added bonus.

BTW, @SirRichardRear I noticed in your above post that you mentioned R/C cars. Are you in the R/C hobby?

Shawn

Truth bruh... You don't buy the stuff to satisfy someone else's needs, so their opinion is worth about as much as a leaking bag of horse feces.

I'd just add the qualifying phrase, "as long as you can afford it." :D

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Shawn
I have lots of hobbies but rc cars isn't one of them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hear ya. Yeah it's a cool hobby, but just like any worthwhile hobby, it get's expen$ive!

Here is a pic of one of my R/C toy's

Shawn

View attachment 74179
Very cool.

Have FPV set up on any of your planes?

I've got a small collection of quad copters. I'm going to buy a DJI Mavic in the future. I've thought about planes, and have looked at a few of the bigger glider/pusher types. Even those are kinda expensive IMO. We have no local hobby club, so I have been hesitant to get into planes.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally really didn't save much money till I got into diy and building my own coils...For some that may not fit into their forte but those two are the most costly buying retail and can cost upwards of what smoking did...I can vape 30ml in a day and if I had to spend $15.00 a day for 30ml of ejuice and another 10 to 20 a month on coils that may or may not work properly it would cost me far more than smoking but I cant say I do enjoy the added health regardless.
Costing a bit more for the health benefits alone to me is WIN WIN

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Very cool.

Have FPV set up on any of your planes?

I've got a small collection of quad copters. I'm going to buy a DJI Mavic in the future. I've thought about planes, and have looked at a few of the bigger glider/pusher types. Even those are kinda expensive IMO. We have no local hobby club, so I have been hesitant to get into planes.

I have yet to get into any of the FPV stuff. But I have done some on board video which is pretty neat.
Be careful with your quad copters as the FAA has a mandatory registration law for all R/C aircraft. If caught it's something like a $25,000.00 fine! Just like the FDA has been going after the vape industry, the FAA has been trying to do the over reach thing on the R/C hobby. :mad:

Shawn

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have yet to get into any of the FPV stuff. But I have done some on board video which is pretty neat.
Be careful with your quad copters as the FAA has a mandatory registration law for all R/C aircraft. If caught it's something like a $25,000.00 fine! Just like the FDA has been going after the vape industry, the FAA has been trying to do the over reach thing on the R/C hobby. :mad:

Shawn
Already am registered. I'm ok to pilot my drones in that respect. I also have an app on my phone to tell me where the no fly zones are.

IMO, the FAA would never have stepped in, if people wouldn't have went full retard with drones. Too much of the spying shit going on, where they had no business to be.

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
First, I don't give a crap about other peoples opinions about my money or my life. I tend to not have people like that around me who feel compelled to offer unasked for opinions about my shit - which is none of their concern to begin with.

That, and just look at the numbers in my signature banner - more so the number of frikkin' butts I would have burned through over the last 5+ years if I had not quit smoking in July 2011.

So where is that "wasting my money" in this situation? I'll take my pile of mods over what would have been a mini landfill of cigarette butts any day thank you very much.

You know the drill: Opinions and assholes...

Last edited:

VU Sponsors