Become a Patron!

Saving my batch

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Dear
Today i made a mistake
So i created a 5 liter batch out of my recipe, but instead of putting 0.15% of one flavor (banana ripe), i put 1.15% instead.

Is there any way i can save this recipe?
Basically the recipe is something of
AP 0.8%
Peanutbutter 4%
Bav cream 4%
Sweet cream 1.5%
Sweetener 1.5%
Banana ripe 1.15% (it should be 0.15%) - i wanted this as an accent and really like to emphasize the peanutbutter and bav instead of banana

I was thinking of upping the peanutbutter and bavarian cream to 1-1.5% each, but then i don't know how to count it since the recipe will be basically more than 5 litter (and pg-vg ratio is also will be messy)

Any idea/solution on how to save this batch ?

Thank you in advance

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Add more of everything else.... make a bigger batch..... assuming the mistake makes a bad juice....

But that might mean 50 liters total..

If the mistake sucks. .. might be easier to just start over.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Dear
Today i made a mistake
So i created a 5 liter batch out of my recipe, but instead of putting 0.15% of one flavor (banana ripe), i put 1.15% instead.

Is there any way i can save this recipe?
Basically the recipe is something of
AP 0.8%
Peanutbutter 4%
Bav cream 4%
Sweet cream 1.5%
Sweetener 1.5%
Banana ripe 1.15% (it should be 0.15%) - i wanted this as an accent and really like to emphasize the peanutbutter and bav instead of banana

I was thinking of upping the peanutbutter and bavarian cream to 1-1.5% each, but then i don't know how to count it since the recipe will be basically more than 5 litter (and pg-vg ratio is also will be messy)

Any idea/solution on how to save this batch ?

Thank you in advance

If you increase all the other ingredients, including the pg, vg, and nic (not the ripe banana) by 13% *Correction 87% you'll have a larger batch of your recipe.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not being funny but you added 6.66666 times as much. Basically add 6.6666 times as much of everything else but making a liter batch is a heck of mistake. If it was me I would see how it tastes with 6 plus times as much Banana before I did anything. Good Luck.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Add more of everything else.... make a bigger batch..... assuming the mistake makes a bad juice....

But that might mean 50 liters total..

If the mistake sucks. .. might be easier to just start over.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hi Thanks for the reply
May i know why this will create 50 liters total? Any certain calculation ?

Thanks!

If you increase all the other ingredients, including the pg, vg, and nic (not the ripe banana) by 13% you'll have a larger batch of your recipe.

Thanks for the reply
So 13% is quite safe to 'save' the recipe?

Not being funny but you added 6.66666 times as much. Basically add 6.6666 times as much of everything else but making a liter batch is a heck of mistake. If it was me I would see how it tastes with 6 plus times as much Banana before I did anything. Good Luck.
Thanks for the reply

666 sounds evil :devil:
The recipe is my usual 'staple', i put the banana so low since not only i'm not really huge fan of banana and i intended to put it on the very back note. Based on previous batch, anything above 0.25% of ripe banana is not really my cup of tea.

Thanks

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi Thanks for the reply
May i know why this will create 50 liters total? Any certain calculation ?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply
So 13% is quite safe to 'save' the recipe?

Thanks for the reply

666 sounds evil :devil:
The recipe is my usual 'staple', i put the banana so low since not only i'm not really huge fan of banana and i intended to put it on the very back note. Based on previous batch, anything above 0.25% of ripe banana is not really my cup of tea.

Thanks
It's basic math... .15/1.15 = .13 That's 13% So 1.15 is 87% more than .15. You would need to increase each ingredient by 87%.

(Sorry, originally I said 13%, that was the wrong side of the equation. :rolleyes:)

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
It's basic math... .15/1.15 = .13 That's 13% So 1.15 is 87% more than .15. You would need to increase each ingredient by 87%.

(Sorry, originally I said 13%, that was the wrong side of the equation. :rolleyes:)

Hi thanks for the reply
So basically i need to create another 87% batch (4.350ml) to save this batch? Is that correct?

Thanks

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi thanks for the reply
So basically i need to create another 87% batch (4.350ml) to save this batch? Is that correct?

Thanks
Everything but the banana since it's already 87% high.

G>O>M

Member For 1 Year
first thing to do is
recheck those maths

you need to add roughly 7 more parts of each of the rest
that makes
35 odd ltrs

multiply each by 7.6 then take away what you already added

.15 x 7.6 = 1.14

.15 ( what you should have added ) x 7.6 ( the ratio difference ) = 1.14 ( roughly what you added .001 out for rounding )

pami did get the 13% right though
but it takes 7.69 13%'s to make 100 %

Last edited:

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
first thing to do is
recheck those maths

you need to add roughly 7 more parts of each of the rest
that makes
35 odd ltrs

multiply each by 7.6 then take away what you already added

.15 x 7.6 = 1.14

.15 ( what you should have added ) x 7.6 ( the ratio difference ) = 1.14 ( roughly what you added .001 out for rounding )

pami did get the 13% right though
but it takes 7.69 13%'s to make 100 %

Hi thanks for the reply, it's a little bit complicated for my tiny brain, but i'll try to digest and give it a try

Thanks!

VU Sponsors