Become a Patron!

Savour MTL RTA : A Short Review by KingPin!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

This is going to be a fairly short one by my standards. I was sent this RTA for review from 3CVape, who in conjunction with Vaping Vick, launched the Savour MTL RTA. It’s not the Scottish fella that says “floof”, it’s other Vick, the English chap.

8064B990-5096-44DE-8110-4DB6C4797495.jpeg

My Measurements:
  • Height: 43.5mm
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • Capacity: 2ml
  • Drip Tip Bore: 4.3mm tapered to 5.1mm
  • Drip Tip Height: 15.7mm (visible 11mm)
  • Airflow: Six 2mm holes across two slots
  • Juice Hole: 2 kidney (13mm x 3.5mm)
  • Wicking Holes: 3.9mm x 2.8mn
  • Post holes: 1.9mm
  • Distance between posts: 5.5mm
  • Inlet airflow on the deck: two available 1.2mm and 2.6mm (according to my measurements
  • Chamber: 13.2mm diameter, 7.5mm height)
1D698F74-A1AC-4D44-85A8-9949886AD1E0.jpeg

I wasn’t going to review this one because I’m really struggling to keep up with the release pace and maintain my comprehensive reviews. I’ve made the decision to draw a red line under MTL (among a few other categories) going forward.

So much for that...I’ll try next time, but this tank is worthy of a brief mention. Before you ask; No this is not some sort of reviewer bromance thing, I don’t know the guy, despite some Americans thinking us Brits all live within a one mile radius of each other, it does actually take at least 7 hours to cross the land East to West (if you welly it)...:D

So why is it going to be short then? Well I’m still trying to maintain that red line as much as possible.

The Savour is designed to have two swappable airflow deck plates, the first is a tight 1mm diameter (I measured it at 1.2mm) offering a similar draw to the smaller holes found on the Berserker MTL RDA, and in keeping with my promise, I’ve not really bothered using it.

I have however used the wider 2.5mm diameter airflow plate and with all three AFC (airflow control ring) holes fully open you are now talking about a similar draw to the Galaxies RDA fully open, which is borderline as to where I’ll venture using direct lung. This also happens to be the reason I had a wobble and decided to compromise, dropping my brief thoughts on this product.

98492102-2D90-4409-9A10-A63401185549.jpeg

Impressions and a little of everything

Overall I think they’ve done a great job of the tank, aside from the chrome super polished look, which I think makes it look a bit cheap. I don’t like the name slapped across it either....however the frosted tank pulls it back a bit! ....nice touch

I can see design inspirations from a number of different atomisers...

The post system is the same as the OBS Engine Nano. It even shares similar finicky wicking as the nano. I found the positive post to sit a little pissed when screwed down, I’m assuming that’s not intentional..

C7865E0F-5DA5-4DB4-8B5F-14D7F74063C5.jpeg BE589FE8-7750-4D00-ACC9-876FD409DD2A.jpeg

You can remove the deck from the base in the same vein as the Oumier VLS. Removing it reveals how they channeled the airflow using a simple floating block. Turbulence is next to zero on this tank, it’s draw is smooth and very quiet. The fact that the whole post system can be removed is a plus in my book. Not only does it allow access for a deep clean, but it could lead to an alternative deck configuration in the future.

028C0E30-C01A-46BE-9776-ADBFC02805E1.jpeg

You’ll notice the air inlet is off centre, so I’ve tried to position the deck so it sits evenly between the airflow inlets both sides. When moving it out of this central position I picked up on slight uneven airflow.

The tank is plastic and frosted. it reminds me a little of the Churchill RTA. If you don’t like using a plastic tank don’t worry there’s a spare clear glass variant in the box.

The floating GTA style bell chamber reminds me of the siren a little from the outside, and the top cap reminds me a little of the Entheon RDA with its beauty ring.

B5E40F35-B112-40AB-AF42-12540F6B821F.jpeg
5F1620F2-993E-4BFC-B8B1-03F6EB3186AB.jpeg

Finally the drip tip is very similar to the Berserker MTL RDA (which is very comfortable to use). I felt they could have made the O-rings a touch wider as it pops in and out a little too easily.

437CDC65-ED63-4F27-831D-84E004A52748.jpeg

The only real quibble I have is the top cap. I would say it could have done with “fewer” chunkier threads, or be a bayonet style. Also with it being recessed, juice does get squeezed out after numerous refills.

I’ve not run loads of coil types on this RTA, as I said I wanted to keep it brief. I went for a Hail Mary straight off the bat and slapped in a tiny 1.5mm ID fralien coil I made. I know, I know; it’s blasphemy to run a coil like this on a MTL tank, but I liked it so much at 22 Watts with the airflow wide open that I’ve not felt the need to change it.

E322AA0F-9F6C-4D72-8ECE-883A9031234F.jpeg

As I said earlier airflow turbulence and audible noise is kept to an absolute minimum. I know I’m running a pretty chunky coil but the vapour production is really satisfying as well as the flavour. I don’t have a plethora of experience with MTL atomisers (part of the reason I want to avoid them) but I do know this is good enough for me to waiver my new rule just to drop a few lines about it.

To me It’s like the Vandyvape Berserker And Vapefly Galaxies wrapped into one. I would say the Berserker still champs out in terms of MTL simulation, but if you like taking a slower, shallow restricted lung hit over mouth to lung this it’ll do it without being an obnoxious vape.

I’ll find the RTA ideal for the pub or social occasions. Obviously with the coil I’ve got in there it gets a little hot when chain vaping, but it’s worth it for the flavour I’m getting.

Pros

• Easy to build on
• Smooth draw and it’s quiet
• Really nice flavour (suits the fruity flavours the most)
• Easy to strip down and clean everywhere
• Comes with extra glass or frosted tank section
• Caters for the tighter draws or loser draws equally well
• Drip tip stops heat transfer

Cons

• Not a fan of the polished looking finish (Would have preferred the black personally)
• Top cap gets hot chain vaping
• Top cap could be easier to screw down/remove
• Not sure you need to tell me in big ass letters what the tanks called, that it’s a mouth to lung and an RTA?!
• Positive post was a little pissed (when screwed down)
• Like the OBS Engine Nano wicking takes a little practice

Final Conclusion

Vick if you happen across this short and sweet review, nice one, There’s very little I can find wrong with it and I like how it vapes a lot ....I prefer this to both the Galaxies and Berserker MTL RDAs

8064B990-5096-44DE-8110-4DB6C4797495.jpeg

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've watched some of Vic1 reviews, he does a fine job.

Same for you kingpin, well done on this review. Short and thorough. Looks like an interesting MTL atty.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I've watched some of Vic1 reviews, he does a fine job.

Same for you kingpin, well done on this review. Short and thorough. Looks like an interesting MTL atty.

Thanks Roo appreciate that mate, was using it at a BBQ I put on for some friends yesterday, jug of pimms and a DIY watermelon flavour I’m working on at the moment ....lovely

Until that is; I got really pissed and it wasnt doing it anymore. I needed a big old lung hit so had to crack out the Manta I’ve got in rotation at the moment haha

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Roo appreciate that mate, was using it at a BBQ I put on for some friends yesterday, jug of pimms and a DIY watermelon flavour I’m working on at the moment ....lovely

Until that is; I got really pissed and it wasnt doing it anymore. I needed a big old lung hit so had to crack out the Manta I’ve got in rotation at the moment haha
Ha ha the more alcohol the more nicotine required. They go hand in hand.

Have you tried the berserker mini? Curious it would stack up against the savour.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ha ha the more alcohol the more nicotine required. They go hand in hand.

Have you tried the berserker mini? Curious it would stack up against the savour.

Sadly not mate my MTL game is lacking somewhat. A few months back I remember the kayfun prime, siren 2, berserker and ares all being discussed

Prime came out on top but it’s the most pricey

Berserker had great flavour if I remember (I know @SkoldVape loves it said it’s second to the prime I beleive) but has the tightest draw of the bunch ...if the RDA variant is anything to go by it really is closest to drawing on a ciggy if that’s your thing

Some preferred the Siren 2, and the Ares was drowned out in controversy as is the way with a lot of reviewer releases it seems

I’d say Berserker MTL RDA has better flavour over the Savour, but I personally just really like the way it vapes, it’s not too in your face, it’s just a great “all day vape”...I haven’t bothered using the galaxies or berserker since I received them but this is staying in my rotation unless I come accross a similar draw and better flavour atty.

I’m a DL vaper but do like a fairly restricted draw anyway. I found this borderline of how restrictive i’ll go with low wattage and a slow draw

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might have to give this atty a go in the near future. I'd like to get a few proper MTL attys going and into my rotation. I have a few rtas with the airflow severely restricted for a MTL vape and while not perfect they vape surprisingly well for being dtl attys.

I kinda like the tootle puffing. :D

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly not mate my MTL game is lacking somewhat. A few months back I remembeyeah the kayfun prime, siren 2, berserker and ares all being discussed

Prime came out on top but it’s the most pricey

Berserker had great flavour if I remember (I know @SkoldVape loves it said it’s second to the prime I beleive) but has the tightest draw of the bunch ...if the RDA variant is anything to go by it really is closest to drawing on a ciggy if that’s your thing

Some preferred the Siren 2, and the Ares was drowned out in controversy as is the way with a lot of reviewer releases it seems

I’d say Berserker MTL RDA has better flavour over the Savour, but I personally just really like the way it vapes, it’s not too in your face, it’s just a great “all day vape”...I haven’t bothered using the galaxies or berserker since I received them but this is staying in my rotation unless I come accross a similar draw and better flavour atty.

I’m a DL vaper but do like a fairly restricted draw anyway. I found this borderline of how restrictive i’ll go with low wattage and a slow draw
The Berserker is my favorite RTA. I prefer it over my kayfuns but not been building recently. Just been on my nautilus...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The Berserker is my favorite RTA. I prefer it over my kayfuns but not been building recently. Just been on my nautilus...

Thanks Skold much appreciated mate sorry to tag you ordinarily I wouldn’t. I know you are into the MTLs mate and I always value your input ...better to get someone in the know to confirm :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Skold much appreciated decked as orry to tag you ordinarily I wouldn’t. I know you are into the MTLs mate and I always value your input ...better to get someone in the know to confirm :)
I'm very tempted to get this RTA you reviewed. It looks quite decent and nice review

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Been looking at this and thinking I will try it; it does after all have a Nanoisque deck and I can put a nip tip on it. Not crazy about the 2ml capacity but for around the house may be worth it. Wish OBS was at least releasing teasers for a Nano II.:(
Thanks for the review KingPin.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Been looking at this and thinking I will try it; it does after all have a Nanoisque deck and I can put a nip tip on it. Not crazy about the 2ml capacity but for around the house may be worth it. Wish OBS was at least releasing teasers for a Nano II.:(
Thanks for the review KingPin.

:blowkiss: Thanks Letitia ...2ml will drain fairly quick unless you are properly mouth to lunging this one, I wasn’t though haha

I’m cautiously optimistic for the nano 2 :D

VU Sponsors