Become a Patron!

Saying hello from ND

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello All!
My name is Darrin and I am a bit of a new vaper and new to this forum. I am a bit of an oddity. I am not an ex smoker. I was looking for something to do with my smoking friends when out at the bar, so I tried some Blu e-cigs and even a few e-cigars.. I was given a cheap little E-go CE4 a year or so ago, and I used it for a few months until it eventually died. I was out of the vaping scene for the time, but then I had to urge to get a better mod and try it again. Some work stresses, and home life stresses led me to it, for that little dose of nicotine to calm me down and relax. I am currently using a SMOK O-sub Mini running it at 40W and .4 ohms. I am achieving what I was hoping for. I have had a few different flavors, but haven't got that go to flavor I CRAVE yet. I mostly use 3 mg nic levels, and will probably step it down a little. I came to this site looking for advice, and it has been really great talking to the others on this site! If any of you followed my situation...I got a nasty case of nasal, sinus, and chest congestion about 2 weeks after I started vaping. I came to this site looking to see if others experienced the same, or if it was all a coincidence. I have been off vaping for 6 days and it doesn't seem to be tied to vaping since I am now kicking it like a normal nasty cold. Once I am cleared up, I plan to take some baby steps into vaping and be a bit more cautious about it just to be sure it wasn't a certain blend that doesn't agree with my body.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!

Sounds like you should see the doc if you've had this "cold" for more than a week just to make sure something else isn't wrong. The baby steps are a good idea for when you recover. Something else to look into is what is the PG/VG ratio of the juices you were using? Some folks have reactions to PG and some find VG gives them a heavy feeling in their chest. Hope you feel better!

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using 80/20. I have some 70/30 also. I might look into 50/50 if it has that heavy chest feeling after starting up again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome Darrin!!! :vino:

I'm glad you chose vaping instead of smoking with your friends. I hope you feel better soon so you can get back to enjoying your vape. :cheers:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU, Darrin!:wave: Glad to have you here!

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
welcome to VU!

VU Sponsors