Become a Patron!

Scared and confused

Ninobrownie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys a 2 months ago I bought my first mech tube mod (first one in general) it’s called “lit” and for the first week it was working ok but now it’s not I’ve tried all my batteries tried building lower ohm coils and it does nothing when I fire it not a sizzle or anything but sometimes it does make small amount of vapor at this point I’m stumped and scared to keep trying it cause I like my hands any advice is good I also have a authentic Apollo and it does the same thing and no it’s not a short cause my rda build work on my drag
7661ba50d72ddc88bebc1af52e07f9fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm no expert but it sounds to me like you aren't making a good connection somewhere. First things first make sure the atty is working and has no shorts by using it on a regulated mod or with an ohm meter.

If the 510 pin on the top cap is adjustable, then put the atty on the top cap and tighten the 510 pin until it is making a good connection to the atty.

The other place the problem could be coming from is the switch. I'm not familiar with the Lit so I can't give you specific instructions, but from the picture you posted it looks like the insulator in the switch is adjustable. Maybe you need to screw the insulator down into the switch more, or to loosen the connection so that it protrudes out from the switch more.

Good luck and be careful.

Ninobrownie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm no expert but it sounds to me like you aren't making a good connection somewhere. First things first make sure the atty is working and has no shorts by using it on a regulated mod or with an ohm meter.

If the 510 pin on the top cap is adjustable, then put the atty on the top cap and tighten the 510 pin until it is making a good connection to the atty.

The other place the problem could be coming from is the switch. I'm not familiar with the Lit so I can't give you specific instructions, but from the picture you posted it looks like the insulator in the switch is adjustable. Maybe you need to screw the insulator down into the switch more, or to loosen the connection so that it protrudes out from the switch more.

Good luck and be careful.

510 is adjustable and I tried righting it but same thing nothing :(
Also by adjusting the insulator do u mean the pin in the middle
Also idk if it has anything to do with it but it is a magnetic switch and I also have a Apollo and it does the same thing I forgot to add that in op

Ninobrownie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I
c36e6bfae9ccfb0ea813a2573ff58f1b.jpg

Here’s my build btw it’s in a dead rabbit and idk exactly what material the coils are I found them in the spare part of the mod and I needed new coils and all my wire is coming in the mail so I used it lol

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the dead rabbit firing if you put it on a regulated mod? What is the resistance?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom line is that what you describe points to a connectivity issue. You really need to do total breakdown of the mod, thoroughly clean with some cleaner (I personally recommend Wrights Copper Cream). Then when putting back together use some contact conditioner on contact points like the threads like Deoxit Gold (my personal favorite). When assembled insure all contact points to the battery and atty are solid.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.54 is your problem too high, no?

That looks similar to my Envii Heretic. I use Sony vtc5a's in all of my mechs now, which are 25 amp batteries. I wouldn't personally run anything higher than 0.2ohms, preferring 0.15 and a little lower.

What battery is that? I can already tell you, based on what I can see, that the label is probably a lie. I don't believe there are any 18650's that discharge more than 30 amps continously, and typical is closer to 15-20 amps (for a good high quality high discharge battery).

(edit- ah its an efest 18650 .35 amps is probably a pulse rating, definitely not continuous discharge)

Tell us what battery that is, along with how old it is, and we can recommend something more suitable than the build you are using. You are probably very safe right now, to the point that you are only getting wisps of vapor, because you don't have a proper coil build. I would bet a lot of money that you will be happier with a lower resistance, but it's good that you aren't just throwing any old build in the atty. The build will work on a regulated mod because it can compensate for a mis-matched pairing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys a 2 months ago I bought my first mech tube mod (first one in general) it’s called “lit” and for the first week it was working ok but now it’s not I’ve tried all my batteries tried building lower ohm coils and it does nothing when I fire it not a sizzle or anything but sometimes it does make small amount of vapor at this point I’m stumped and scared to keep trying it cause I like my hands any advice is good I also have a authentic Apollo and it does the same thing and no it’s not a short cause my rda build work on my drag
7661ba50d72ddc88bebc1af52e07f9fe.jpg

1zlb04x.jpg qqu42q.jpg

VU Sponsors