Become a Patron!

Scooby Snacks

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Sweet Toasted Coconut Cookie

Mixed at 40pg/60vg (Bull City Vapor brand) with 2mg Vapers Tek nicotine

Steep Time: 3-5 days (3 weeks for best taste <--- Edited on 4/3/2016)

All I do is a warm water bath for a few minutes to thin the VG and then shake the living mess out of it. This is okay after a day, but after 3 days it's gets creamier, the cookie comes out and the coconut gets better toasted. Unfortunately Creme Brulee is probably one that not a lot of people have, but it's really needed for this recipe. It's the ingredient that gives it a nice toasted coconut flavor.

8.5% Total Flavoring

** Contains Acetyl Propionyl and/or Acetoin

----------------------------------------------------
3% TFA Bavarian Cream** (1.5% - 2% for a less buttery cookie <--- Edited on 4/3/2016)
2% FA Cookie
1.5% FA Coconut
1% TFA Marshmallow** (FA Marshmallow at the same % or less. Used for fluff and sweetness)
1% INW Creme Brulee

Green Scooby Snacks For St Patrick's Day

I like this one a lot. Same recipe as above with the exception of replacing Creme Brulee with Creme De Menthe. Good after a day, better after 3 days.

9.75% Total Flavoring

** Contains Acetyl Propionyl and/or Acetoin

3% TFA Bavarian Cream**
1.25% FA Cookie (Originally 2%)
1.5% FA Coconut
1% TFA Marshmallow**
1.25% FW Creme De Menthe (Originally 2.25% - Can sub with TFA's, but I like FW's better)

NOTE 03/30/2016: I adjusted the recipe for Green Scooby Snacks a bit and so far like it better. The Creme De Menthe seemed to get a little sharp after several days in the original. It was still good, but I wanted it a little creamier with less bite. I decreased the Creme De Menthe down from 2.25% to 1.25% and decreased the Cookie down from 2% to 1.25%. Edited above to reflect the changes.

Please feel free to comment.....good or bad.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL they sold something like that when I was a little kid. I forgot all about those.

Now I get it.... Creme Brulee to toast the coconut. Interesting. I have toasted marshmallow and toasted almond. Regardless, I think I will give it a try without the brulee, since I don't have that. I can't remember if I still have Creme de Menthe or not, I'll have to check.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are pretty good. I can only find them in certain stores fyi. Scooby was one of my favorite cartoons so when I saw them I had to try them. I felt like Shaggy eating them.:D
I have some of these and they are extremely addictive they have honey and another flavor I think......Its funny I have offered some to people and they were hesitant to try them because they thought they were doggy treats :p

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Sweet Toasted Coconut Cookie

-

Green Scooby Snacks For St Patrick's Day

3% TFA Bavarian Cream**
2% FA Cookie
1.5% FA Coconut
1% TFA Marshmallow**
2.25% FW Creme De Menthe (Can sub with TFA's, but I like FW's better)

Please feel free to comment.....good or bad.
Just made this without marshmallow and really wish I had it steeped and ready to enjoy on St Patricks day!!! WHERE WAS THIS RECIPE 3-5 DAYS AGO?? HAHAHA kidding I made the green scooby snacks just now and dripped some on the RDA and seems like a good shake and vape to me!!!(I will try and save some in the dark to steep....just some though) Thanks for this cant wait to get the marshmallow....already on the list and the one im most regretting not ordering, seems like its in a ton of recipes

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made the green scooby snacks just now and dripped some on the RDA and seems like a good shake and vape to me!

I've been dripping it also. Haven't even tried it in a tank. I like the extra flavor that comes from an RDA though there are some nice tanks out there now that come very close to RDA flavor. I've read reviews that the Griffin that I've been thinking about buying is a very good RTA. Just waiting for a discounted sale price on it...

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been dripping it also. Haven't even tried it in a tank. I like the extra flavor that comes from an RDA though there are some nice tanks out there now that come very close to RDA flavor. I've read reviews that the Griffin that I've been thinking about buying is a very good RTA. Just waiting for a discounted sale price on it...
I am the opposite, I only use the dripper when I want to taste test and love all my tank rbas even though some can be a real pain sometimes. I am just terrible at remembering to drip onto them, and burn the coils or cotton......I would like to try the griffin myself but I am in the same boat right now waiting on a good deal. I have a couple tfv4s and saw a post for a new rta they have coming out looks nice not sure the price though........http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/smok-tf-rta/56304/4

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey KG, just wanted to say that this is some good stuff!

I mixed Green Scooby Snacks up just the other day and it already smells and tastes great. I really like FW Creme De Menthe and it's a very nice touch here. :)

I'll have to try the other recipe too once I get some INW Creme Brulee.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Irish Scooby Snacks are nice at the end of a long day....thanks again kguardian!! I can see what you guys mean about TPA creme de menthe it seems to be mostly menthe and no creme from what I tasted so I added a bit of cream in place of the marsh that im lacking.....It is still doing exactly what you said steep wise too, it just hit week and the cookie is starting to shine through. Tasted great throughout the week too and my bottles almost gone so not much more steeping will be done to this one I am afraid:p
adding FW creme de menthe to my next order;)

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Updated with new notes for Scooby Snacks (The toasted coconut cookie recipe) steep time and Bavarian Cream flavor

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the Green Scooby Snacks I will be making this up shortly but now that you put a cream in not sure what to use in place of the mallowo_O I am ordering soon and looking for a warning free marshmallow, Any suggestions? I would like to get creme brulee but INW seems to be a bit pricier than others and too many will limit my number of flavors. Right now I have biscuit and raspberry(also thinking strawberry shisha) on the list but not sure how versatile creme brule is.....
Anywho I think I am gonna try a bit of vanilla swirl for now even though I probably could go without and it still be good. This is one I find myself filling at least a tank a day of :D Might even try a bit of marzipan to bring out the baked flavor If thats OK with you KG;).....I know I am butchering it all up but I gotta make due with what I got for now.......FW creme de menthe is on the list already though!!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looking for a warning free marshmallow, Any suggestions?

Flavour Art Marshmallow has no warnings.

I would like to get creme brulee but INW seems to be a bit pricier than others

Yes it is expensive. It can be left out of the recipe and it'll just be a regular coconut cookie rather than a toasted coconut.

not sure how versatile creme brule is.....

I haven't used it enough to know just how useful it will be. I can't imagine that it would be used in a lot of recipes though.

Might even try a bit of marzipan to bring out the baked flavor If thats OK with you KG

As long as you can mix with what you have and it tastes good to you, then that's all that matters. Marzipan would work well in this. Post any changes and/or improvements once you try them :)

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a batch with 2 drops Acetyl Pyrazine before and it came out like a milkshake....it was really good but I wanted the "snacks" part to come out a bit more.
3% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
1.5% Coconut (FA)
1.5% Cookie (FA)
1.25% Creme de Menthe (TPA)
0.5% Marzipan (FA)
1% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)

im thinking about making another batch with no swirl and add back in the .5 cookie to make it more crunch-like....I know I will be makin more either way man I love this stuff....FW creme de menthe sounds so good right now though but ECX only has FA marshmallow in 120 ml bottle and no FW creme de menthe .....anyone know where to get cheap small bottles(squeeze type pref.:D) and not make a big order without getting hit on something dumb like shipping?
BTW I got through about 5 ml and my buddy took the bottle, I was going to give him one he requested and he tried this and asked for it instead ;). From what I see so far, when you have a good base recipe like this its likely going to taste good as long as the tweaks arent too majorly different from the original. But then again you never know when something magical can come out of a mistake right.......I accidentally made one with absinthe and I HATE licorice but it aint half bad....If someone likes absinthe it would be a good recipe for it I think!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I do have TFA Crème De Menthe, I'll try mixing a batch using that just for comparison. I just like FW's better. That's not to say that you would also like it better than what you have now. They are similar, but I believe FW's is creamier than TFA's from what I recall. As far as where you can get FW's Crème De Menthe and FA's Marshmallow, Bull City Vapor carries them, but they are out of stock on the 10ml bottles of marshmallow o_O Not knowing where you're located I have no idea on the shipping. In my location, it would cost me $3.04 for regular first class shipping for just the two bottles and I'm in Virginia which is right above them and only a 4-5 hour drive away.

Edit: I forgot to mention in case you don't already know. You can use VU6 as a coupon code at Bull City for 6% off of the flavors.

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What KG said ^^^^ :yes: ( just wanted to use the new smileys ) :D

I should mention that I did use FA Marshmallow in my iniital mix @ the stated percentage because I couldn't find my TFA version. It being diketone free might be a plus for those who are concerned about D/AP.

I'm also going to try the DX version of Bavarian Creme in my next one just to see how they compare.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I do have TFA Crème De Menthe, I'll try mixing a batch using that just for comparison. I just like FW's better. That's not to say that you would also like it better than what you have now. They are similar, but I believe FW's is creamier than TFA's from what I recall. As far as where you can get FW's Crème De Menthe and FA's Marshmallow, Bull City Vapor carries them, but they are out of stock on the 10ml bottles of marshmallow o_O Not knowing where you're located I have no idea on the shipping. In my location, it would cost me $3.04 for regular first class shipping for just the two bottles and I'm in Virginia which is right above them and only a 4-5 hour drive away.

Edit: I forgot to mention in case you don't already know. You can use VU6 as a coupon code at Bull City for 6% off of the flavors.
Hey I am in VA TOO! I wish there was a place right near me I could drive to....I hear people chat about dropping by to check out new flavors and pick up a few on a whim, Like a B&M DIY E-Juice supply store down the street.....thatd be the life, although I might go broke:bliss:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BCV uses all plastic 10 ml squeeze bottles not glass ones you buy droppers for like wiz labs right?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got my FW creme de menthe and remade and it is better!....good call and yes more creamy. I like the spike of the mintyness that tpa's gives though it is a bit much in low %'s. May even try a combo with mostly FW and a tad TPA....
Also I have marshmallow finally as well thanks to you guys & BCV! cant wait to try after it steeps a bit...

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally got my FW creme de menthe and remade and it is better!....good call and yes more creamy. I like the spike of the mintyness that tpa's gives though it is a bit much in low %'s. May even try a combo with mostly FW and a tad TPA....
Also I have marshmallow finally as well thanks to you guys & BCV! cant wait to try after it steeps a bit...

I hadn't thought about mixing the two for some reason. I think I'll do that also and see how it turns out.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK so this is my latest version of the green scooby snacks and im not sure if you have all these kguardian but if so please try it and lmk what you think!! It has a really nice strong mentheness on the inhale and straight cookieness on the exhale!! the cake batter can be omitted I think it may add creaminess and I know you wanted more crunch lol......

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1.5
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.5
Cake Batter (CAP) 0.1
Coconut (FA) 1.5
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1
Creme de Menthe (FW) 1.3
Creme de Menthe (TPA) 0.4
Marzipan (FA) 0.5
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 0.8

Oh and I put van swirl in there to help with tpa's creme and forgot to take it out after but this tastes great anyways I will probably try w/o on the next one

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK so this is my latest version of the green scooby snacks and im not sure if you have all these kguardian but if so please try it and lmk what you think

Looks good and I do have all of the ingredients. I'll be mixing 3 or 4 recipes this weekend and I'll add this to the list. Thanks!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After light heat steep the cookie settled a bit more so not as crunchy as I hoped, you may want to take the swirl out now. cant wait to hear what you think, I still love this recipe its one I keep going back to......

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll do that. I'm interested to see how this turns out with your edits... Thanks again :)
Not sure if you mixed that yet but I made a few edits and it turned out still creamy but the crunch seems to stay throughout inhale/exhale ......
toned down the CDMs just a tad and rem. the van swirl, also wondering if the bav cream could come down a tad too? LMK your thoughts

1.5% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
0.5% Biscuit (INAWERA)
0.1% Cake Batter (CAP)
1.5% Coconut (FA)
1% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
1.1% Creme de Menthe (FW)
0.25% Creme de Menthe (TPA)
0.5% Marzipan (FA)

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if you mixed that yet but I made a few edits and it turned out still creamy but the crunch seems to stay throughout inhale/exhale

Yes I did mix it on Monday and will probably give it a try later tonight. It smells excellent. I did leave out the CAPs Cake Batter. For some reason I just don't like that flavor. Even at the smallest amounts.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or you could also try TFA DX Bavarian Cream instead, as I like it better than the original.
1% would be my guess.
Does it have a bitter or sharp taste to it? I assume it will go away after steeping.....Think I pinned it to either the DXBC or FA fresh cream. Also whats your favorite no warning custard? been working with caps V2 but itd be nice to have another one handy that tastes better in early stages.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I did mix it on Monday and will probably give it a try later tonight. It smells excellent. I did leave out the CAPs Cake Batter. For some reason I just don't like that flavor. Even at the smallest amounts.
Cake batter is super unimportant and def lmk what you think! I may have to take a few recipes I love that use CB and remove it to see if it makes it better....its so easy to get custom to throwing a flavor in diff recipes and not find out its hurting them til later down the road...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does it have a bitter or sharp taste to it? I assume it will go away after steeping.....Think I pinned it to either the DXBC or FA fresh cream. Also whats your favorite no warning custard? been working with caps V2 but itd be nice to have another one handy that tastes better in early stages.

Bavarian has the sharp taste IMO, but think the DX is less so and maybe a bit sweeter.
I've always had to steep anything using the TFA/CAP Bavarian Creams for longer, as bad as the Custards, if not worse.
But usually it's just the ones using the higher amounts that need longer steeps.
Don't think the DX is needs the same treatment tho.
FA Fresh Cream is fine tho.

I've actually used the Vanilla Swirl way more than Bavarians.
And seem to recall TFA made the Vanilla Swirl as a clean replacement for their Custard or something that had the bad stuff in it.
(Typically I use around 3% but some go higher)

Far as I know all the Custards have the bad stuff except CAP v2 and FA, but the FA isn't really a normal Custard either.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've actually used the Vanilla Swirl way more
I use this one way more too it seems to be super universal as a background note like cheesecake graham

as a clean replacement for their Custard
I read that french vanilla by tpa was said to be like a custard and totally forgot til you mentioned that(not sure if thats the same one u meant?)

FA isn't really a normal Custard either.
Can you explain how its different?.....btw youre great for all the tips! Been able to take mixing up a notch and things are coming together nicely

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping it off and on all day and I like it :) The Marzipan seems to have added a slightly different sweetness to it and I think lowering the Bavarian Cream works very well!
Im glad you like it, everyone else who tries it always says "wow thats REALLY good" lol. I gave away another bottle to someone commenting on it, so I have an excuse to make another with a little less bav cream;). I love the concept of a creme de menthe cookie, this recipe was a great idea and I cant see it being one I easily forget about or not keep in rotation at some point. As an ex-menthol smoker its nice to have a few cool but smooth mixes around :shades:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can you explain how its different?

It has a "lemon" background for starters, and it's not near as rich or vanilla-ish like CAP/TFA.
As an example, I've reordered CAP VC v1 like 3 times, but haven't done much with TFA yet.
Recently got FW but same as TFA, funny but I just seem to always grab the CAP.
FA I've tried a few mixes but didn't like it so much, and it's one I won't be reordering.
Might work mixed in with the other ones but I doubt it would have much impact.

VU Sponsors