Become a Patron!

Scratchy hits no flavor

Tuck

Member For 4 Years
Im running a 30ga, 7/8 wrap micro coil, cotton,1.8ohms on a Kraken & 4nine mod. The vapor production is great but the flavor is dry and scratchy, don't see any hot spots with no wick it glows from middle out pretty fast, if I throw this juice in my Kanger Protank 2 w/ a 2ohm coil on a ego battery it tastes great but the vapor production is not as good of course. I have tried different diameters and no luck, is it getting to hot too fast maybe? If i went down to 1ohm or so I think it would be worse right? should I go up in ohms? Any idears?????? Thanks in advance.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What juice are you vaping?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also those genesis style tanks never wick well with cotton, at least in my experience. Maybe take one of the screws off for better air flow??

VaporLadyLounge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I set up my Genny with the steel mesh wick wrapped in a layer of cotton, I use 28 gauge wrapped 12/11 times.. and of course, always vape tipped at cigar smoking level to keep the wick wet..(wick down). If you throw this on a regulated PV you'll get your best vaping experience, in my opinion, and best flavor! And yes, I would try higher ohms on a regulated device.

Tuck

Member For 4 Years
Vaping Dirty Dutchman 50/50 from ITC Vapes. I used ss mesh for wicks a while back and it was super fussy but when it was right it was RIGHT! Dont want to do the ss mesh on a mech mod tho seems like a time bomb to me. So maybe try some eko wool?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You could take a blunt nosed needle and thred it down the side of the cotton to open a bit of a channel in it... and tilt n tip ALOT

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah judging by the photo your cotton is packed in there too tight. If there's no way for air to get in it will be trying to pull the juice out of a vaccuum. You could even take one of the screws off and use a long piece of cotton and put each side of it in two separate holes so that it's drawing juice from both sides.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thinner wire is going to heat up faster, 32 is about the ceiling end on of flavor and ease of working with.
Wicking it is the toughest part, finding that happy spot between choked and flowing without hot spots.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So mAybe a thinner wick and loop it to another hole. Trying that now!!!!
Yes I think that could work really well. I think you'd still have to tip it to saturate it but that's just the nature of the genny.

Tuck

Member For 4 Years
Well that seemed to work pretty good made wick a lil thinner too. Thinking about building coil horizontal instead of vertical so juice / wick won't have to travel up as high and have a sharp turn at top of coil

VU Sponsors