Become a Patron!

Scuttlebutt

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning to all the active duty and veterans at VU! Thought I would start a general BS thread for all of us to post up the day-to-day scuttlebutt. All of us need to stand at ease every now and then and just talk shit for a little bit.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Save on Vapes you can get the pouch here! It might help keep you tactical while carrying your vape gear, but cover and concealment go out the door with the first vape cloud!

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sad this has turned into a free shit day that is filled with posers pretending.
I find it harder and harder to not unass a poser when I come across them.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sad this has turned into a free shit day that is filled with posers pretending.
I find it harder and harder to not unass a poser when I come across them.
I have not heard it called "Free Shit Day", but now that you mentioned it, it does seem to fit a lot of people that try to take advantage of something. A few years ago my wife and I were in the local Outback Steakhouse on Veterans Day. They were offering a free blooming onion to veterans. It was interesting, and irritating, to see how many people came in wearing a Korea or Vietnam Veteran hat expecting to just get a free Blooming Onion without ordering anything. Once they found out that they would get the free onion dish with their order they just got up and let the restaurant.

We also have a good sized population of 'camo wearing veterans' standing out at road intersections

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have not heard it called "Free Shit Day", but now that you mentioned it, it does seem to fit a lot of people that try to take advantage of something. A few years ago my wife and I were in the local Outback Steakhouse on Veterans Day. They were offering a free blooming onion to veterans. It was interesting, and irritating, to see how many people came in wearing a Korea or Vietnam Veteran hat expecting to just get a free Blooming Onion without ordering anything. Once they found out that they would get the free onion dish with their order they just got up and let the restaurant.

We also have a good sized population of 'camo wearing veterans' standing out at road intersections
There is one near here, total non vet... sitting in a new top of the line wheel chair... that is not needed, holding a cardboard sign with a fucking yeti cooler...
So tuff not to push him into traffic.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's ridiculous....

Some vets are worse about taking advantage of the system (and other things) than anyone else out there. Period.

Case in point:

I have a family member (in-law) who was given a 100% disability rating by the VA for "PTSD" as a Vietnam "era" vet. Before you jump down my throat, the guy spent his entire enlisted 8 years in Germany drinking, bowling, and hustling at bars. So 8 years of drinking constitutes PTSD.

He now gets a FULL VA pension; and "disability" paperwork that lets him get on airplanes before everyone else, park in handicapped parking, ride public transportation free of charge with a "caregiver" (his wife), and, in his opinion, an excuse to be one of the most annoying and obnoxious people I've ever met.

That's not including the free meals at the local restaurants.

There are several vets who actually need assistance and this guy is wrecking it for all of them not only by taking advantage of the system but also by milking it for all it's worth.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just heard about this slag in WI. who was bragging about all the free shit she got.
Not a vet and compared it to that extreme coupon shit.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But do you blame or fault them? I sure as hell do not see syrian and think now there is someone I want to have hummus and tea with...

Fox is going to a special someday and call it when refugees attack. It is not a matter of if but when, just ask Norway.
For all of those that think I am just an asshole... where are the children, the women?
Not what they are pushing out, it is fighting aged indoctrinated hate machines.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been watching this whole France thing. France has been so passive, not militarily involved, non-politically involved for many years. Now they are sending out planes against areas of control/conflict in Syria. Just another example of 'a little bit of help, arriving a little late'.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the people of some of the european countries dipose the scum that are their political class and install a military goverment in the interm.most of the global political class should be in prison cells.

ch3_1tywwaabl84.jpg

Last edited:

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bloody Paris and America’s inept president

usfrance111715.jpg

“(1st Lt. Norman) Dike wasn’t a bad leader because he made bad decisions. He was a bad leader because he made no decisions.” — 2001 HBO TV miniseries “Band of Brothers.”

"If it is a war, Obama has no commitment to win it. He demands the world understand that enemy combatants are terrorists or extremists that are no way associated with Islam. To hear Obama speak, these executions of women and children may be the work of Buddhists."

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bloody Paris and America’s inept president

usfrance111715.jpg

“(1st Lt. Norman) Dike wasn’t a bad leader because he made bad decisions. He was a bad leader because he made no decisions.” — 2001 HBO TV miniseries “Band of Brothers.”

"If it is a war, Obama has no commitment to win it. He demands the world understand that enemy combatants are terrorists or extremists that are no way associated with Islam. To hear Obama speak, these executions of women and children may be the work of Buddhists."
Yeah there is an unwillingness by the westeren leftist to admitt that Islam is not only a religon, but also a political movement it was created that way.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only comment I have is.....

Wow.
Wow.

My brain is now bleeding.

Islam is a religion and a religion only.

Ignorance and intolerance are very ugly traits to show, especially in public.

Talk about the lefties drinking the koolaid? How about the righties drinking the ignostupid juice....

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ignorance and intolerance are very ugly traits to show, especially in public. ...

There are exceptions to every rule and rules that just do not fit some people, but as a general rule religion has played a major role in power struggles and governments going back to the beginning of recorded time and there is evidence that is was occurring even before recorded time.

"The Protestant ethos of the British State
In the context of British politics, the question of political and religious rights for Catholics could be no ordinary political issue: not only did it raise matters which affected all religious groups – including Jews, Quakers and Presbyterians – who refused to subscribe to the established church and who suffered consequent disadvantage, but in so far as it related explicitly to Catholics it directly challenged the Protestant ethos of the British state. Important as the Catholic question undoubtedly was in British politics, however, it was still possible to view it more or less dispassionately: such detachment was not possible in Ireland and there the question was seen by most Protestants as a matter of life and death.

Like Britain, eighteenth-century Ireland was a Protestant country in which all political power and most social and economic consequence was confined to those who conformed to the established church; but unlike the situation in Britain, Irish Protestants were keenly aware that they constituted a minority of the Irish population; although they might like at times to disguise, ignore or forget this unpalatable fact by claiming to be the ‘Protestant nation’, the ‘whole people of Ireland’, or even the ‘Irish nation’, such claims were more notional than real. Irish Protestants were well aware that the sole basis of their claim to be not just a people but the people of Ireland lay in the destruction of Catholic power, the confiscation of Catholic land and the concurrent denial to Catholics of social and political authority. Hence their anxiety when something called the Catholic question emerged in Ireland in the late 1760s."

Religion has always been a part of politics or organizational structure. Whether it be the Roman-Catholics of early European, Middle Eastern areas, or the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs of Central/South America. You are correct in saying that Islam is a religion, but it is not only a religion to many extremists and terrorists.

The aim of ISIS is to create an Islamic state across Sunni areas of Iraq and in Syria. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria I am not being intolerant or ignorant of the facts with my posting. I have provided links to NEWS articles. I did not give ISIS its' name or mission statement, nor do I harbor any ill feelings towards civilized people who are members of the Islamic religion.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only comment I have is.....

Wow.
Wow.

My brain is now bleeding.

Ignorance and intolerance are very ugly traits to show, especially in public.

Talk about the lefties drinking the koolaid? How about the righties drinking the ignostupid juice....

you are a fucking moron......unlike christ buddah or krishna.....there is an actual legal system and govermental structure set up in Islam.though this doesn't fit into your political meme it is the truth..unlike christ ,buddha and krishna Mohamad actually had political and economic goals.and unlike christ and buddha he raised an army to prosecute those goals.whether or not you agree with those goals is one thing, but to deny actual historical fact is just willful ignorance.
you are ignorant of history and intolerant of reality. neither the disciples of the christ nor the students of the buddha carried weapons.......moral and cultural equivalency is nonsense that most people grow out of once they obtain the ability to read above the middle school level.

Last edited:

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are exceptions to every rule and rules that just do not fit some people, but as a general rule religion has played a major role in power struggles and governments going back to the beginning of recorded time and there is evidence that is was occurring even before recorded time.

The aim of ISIS is to create an Islamic state across Sunni areas of Iraq and in Syria. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria I am not being intolerant or ignorant of the facts with my posting. I have provided links to NEWS articles. I did not give ISIS its' name or mission statement, nor do I harbor any ill feelings towards civilized people who are members of the Islamic religion.

Has this kind of crap been going on forever? Yes.

I'm also glad that you're able to recognize the difference between ISIS and the religion of Islam.

Your op/ed "journalism" from the wonderful turd stir-stick known as Personal Liberty is my biggest issue with you. I get it, people don't necessarily all like Obama or the administration; I'm not an Obama fan, but for mostly different reasons than those on the right. Please feel free to criticize the foreign "aid" (US funded terrorist training) and how every administration has been doing the same thing over the last century (and how it's never worked). If we could focus on that and drop the birther/religious B.S. it'd be helpful.

Also, I'm no college professor, but Wikipedia isn't the most credible source.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you are a fucking moron......unlike christ buddah or krishna.....there is an actual legal system and govermental structure set up in Islam.though this doesn't fit into your political meme it is the truth..unlike christ ,buddha and krishna Mohamad actually had political and economic goals.and unlike christ and buddha he raised an army to prosecute those goals.whether or not you agree with those goals is one thing, but to deny actual historical fact is just willful ignorance.
you are ignorant of history and intolerant of reality. neither the disciples of the christ nor the students of the buddha carried weapons.......moral and cultural equivalency is nonsense that most people grow out of once they obtain the ability to read above the middle school level.

Did you get this intimate knowledge of Islam from reading the Quran or from Faux News? Buy a Quran and read it; better yet I'm sure a generous Muslim will gladly give you one to educate yourself. I have one I'd gladly mail you if you can't find one.

Do you think that Muhammad is the only make believe person that groups of crazy people have killed for or started wars for?

What about the make believe guy named Jesus that groups of crazy Catholic people killed for during the crusades? That actually was condoned/started/funded by the Pope and church.

I'm not living in a political meme; I'm living in the real world with the truth, brother, not a make believe world with some made up B.S. right wing Faux News rhetoric vitriol that I spew on the world to spread my ignorance and hatred.

Good luck to you sir.

But I'm a "fucking moron".

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the fist time I read the Koran was when I was 25, then again when I was about 35.......apparently you have never read it....
also you failed to bother reading the bible as well or you would have noticed Jesus wasn't a catholic.
if you bothered actually reading the Koran you may have noticed Mohamed had his own armed and violent followers unlike Christ or Buddha.
As for the Crusades numbnuts they were a defensive war that was only a reaction to centuries of Islamic inavasion into christendom....and imperialistic wars into europe ...spain, france, yugoslavia,vienna...you don't watch FOX well good for you neither do I don't have cable, but not watching FOX doesn't make up for th fact you are an illiterate tool who doesn't know jack shit about history.the Koran or the Bible...

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I refuse to further engage in a battle of wit with an unarmed person.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I refuse to further engage in a battle of wit with an unarmed person.

Translation.....you don't posses the knowledge of history or religons to carry on an intelligent discussion. But are only armed with sophmoric leftist rhetoric and bumpersticker slogans.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Translation.....you don't posses the knowledge of history or religons to carry on an intelligent discussion. But are only armed with sophmoric leftist rhetoric and bumpersticker slogans.

Being crass, insulting, vulgar, and intimidating; AND basing intelligence on fallacies, misinformation, ignorance, personally held religious dogma, finger-pointing, low-brow base instincts, and outright lies.

Let's throw in poor spelling and grammar while we're at it.

You have a great day in your conservative bubble.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a personal religous dogma.I have been married to a Jew and to a Hindu..tell me what misinformation or fallcay can you point out...none you just saying it so doesn't make it true...please supply facts to substantiate your claims...as of now all you have is accusations...as for spelling I get tired of this ,but....
a short list of pepole who were notorious bad spellers.
Winston Churchill (Prime Minister of Britian author of " a History of the English Speaking Peoples)
Einstien
Ernest Hemingway
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Agatha Christie...
among others.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

As with most things Faux News, as well as any other mainstream media, there are truths as well as falsehoods in not only that story, but in the majority of stories.

There were TECHNICALLY refugees admitted "based on their faith". What that story fails to report though is that the majority of the refugees allegedly admitted "based on faith" were actually, to paraphrase, streamlined into the US because of sponsorship by different religious and faith-based groups (churches, charities, etc).

How do I know this? I LIVE in THE place where a majority of these "streamlined" refugees currently live in the USA, and I don't think they have any intention of going anywhere anytime soon.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As with most things Faux News, as well as any other mainstream media, there are truths as well as falsehoods in not only that story, but in the majority of stories.

There were TECHNICALLY refugees admitted "based on their faith". What that story fails to report though is that the majority of the refugees allegedly admitted "based on faith" were actually, to paraphrase, streamlined into the US because of sponsorship by different religious and faith-based groups (churches, charities, etc).

How do I know this? I LIVE in THE place where a majority of these "streamlined" refugees currently live in the USA, and I don't think they have any intention of going anywhere anytime soon.

yeah "Technically" I guess you mean legally.

VU Sponsors