Become a Patron!

Search function sensitivity

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not exactly sure this is a "bug" exactly, but I want to search the http://vapingunderground.com/threads/flavourart-club-formally-known-as-the-purevapes-thread.2501/ thread for all information regarding "fig" and recipes with it, but the search results say "[t]he search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common." The same will happen with "RY4" and other similarly small phrases/words. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried adding quotes but to no avail.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you type the word recipes after those short words it will work.
But I agree there should not be a limit on word size.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thirded! Minimum search keyword length needs changing to 3 (by an admin), and then the search index database will need to be rebuilt.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you type the word recipes after those short words it will work.
But I agree there should not be a limit on word size.

At least it gives me results (I used "fresh fig" last night and that got me a few less, though the word "fresh" has been typed up a bunch there too). Not the easiest to have to sift through every post with the word "recipe," or "fresh" when the majority don't contain fig, but far from the hardest -- which would be contending with the whole thread. If I had to search the whole thread I would likely just use the F3 function and search for it on every one of the 99 pages. YIKES! All currently workable options are tedious, but not un-doable.

Okay, back to life. See y'all on the flipside.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 for fixing this. Actually, I was searching for FA Fig recipes yesterday too. I encounter the same annoyances and lack of results!

VU Sponsors