Become a Patron!

searching EBAY

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My order wasn't from overseas it was Amazon Prime which comes from local warehouses. It could have been in the same state and was supposed to be 2 day delivery.
That's because people don't ship it..... Machines do......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

The technology available for running distribution centers these days is pretty unbelievable. It's been headed that way ever since the advent of RF communication. Not infallible, though. Even gravity can interfere. :eek:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I think you need to do some research into Amazon Prime. some of the "warehouses" are 7-11 stores or rented storage locations. Drivers in white Vans who throw items to the ground in front of your door.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
about 2 months ago, I ordered a led light from china, $1.30 shipped, lol. it is getting just about towards the end of the shipping date estimate. whom ever said 'slow boat from china" knew what they were talking about.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you need to do some research into Amazon Prime. some of the "warehouses" are 7-11 stores or rented storage locations. Drivers in white Vans who throw items to the ground in front of your door.
Amazon prime uses couriers that use their private vehicles and look like Uber drivers........

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazon prime uses couriers that use their private vehicles and look like Uber drivers........

Sometimes.
Saw my first one today, delivered some prime stuff for the wife unit.
Usually it comes by USPS.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe in the desert but here they all use White Vans.
Ha ha.... When they see the front yard they watch where they are going....
d41cfd44d72a5a1da06f3c36cd1b03a6.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nice yard there Manny. best watch your step though
Don't do anything in yard..... Nothing there, but dessert stuff..... Ha ha...... Thanks.....

The landscaping guy shows up twice a month and moves rocks..... And cuts a small yard..... And blows stuff around to other neighbors........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha...
A staggering drunk could get hurt in that yard!

Looks nice though, in a desert sort of way.
I get hurt all the time.... I'm looking up at something and back up into a sharp cactus..... I accidentally kick one and the spine goes through you shoe like butter....

But once a jumping Cholla stuck to my pant.... I grabbed it and bam like 1,000 fish hooks I'm every finger and you can't get it off and painful.....

I mean next door neighbor comes out with a pair of pliers to rip it off..... The most painful experience in the world.....

You haven't experienced pain until you get a Cholla stuck on you.......

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
But once a jumping Cholla stuck to my pant.... I grabbed it and bam like 1,000 fish hooks I'm every finger and you can't get it off and painful.....
Ouch! Look at all those barbs!

"Why are they so difficult to remove? Unlike other varieties of cacti with solid spines, cholla's actually have hollow spines. Because they are hollow they can easily attach to whatever they touch with their needle like sharpness. If there is moisture, such as with skin, the tips actually curve once they have made contact, locking their spines in place just underneath the skins top layer."

Spine2.jpg

VU Sponsors