section for insomniacs? Seems like lots of us deal with that

Discussion in 'Forum Topic/section requests' started by dez, Nov 23, 2018.

1. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    In the CBD Forum, lots of people are saying that they are Insomniacs.. and it may not be popular enough to deserve a section, but just an idea. There were lots of discussions going back and forth from people who just can't sleep at night so they are on this forum. Thanks!

2. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    We have a Non Vaping Related section in the forum. There used to be a thread for night owls. Can't recall the name of it, though.

dez likes this.
  3. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Your night owl syndrome may, and this is just a theory, be related to your nicotine consumption. I switch to 0% at bedtime. It has helped me sleep MUCH better. I usually throw in some type of sugar cookie or cake in the squonk bottle, have a sleepytime tea, and I get to sleep pretty quickly. Nicotine is a stimulant. I would sit in my bed watching tv and smoke my room out and wonder why I couldn't fall asleep.

dez likes this.
  4. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I've had terrible insomnia since I was young, but am switching to zero nic anyway. Thanks!

5. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Nice! Yah, I understand it is a condition, and I do not envy you for having it. I would go crazy. Congrats on the 0 nic, that's great. I need my nic during the day, it keeps me sane.

JuicyLucy and dez like this.
  6. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I had always used 5% nicotine just because it emboldens The Taste I feel, but I am switching to zero because in the particular flavor I have it tastes fine in a zero, and I've been smoking this flavor for several years.

7. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    This used to be one that worked for me but they quit wanting to give it out with the 10 mg dose and a dose less than 10 mg wouldn't do it for me. Also there is the price since I do not have medical coverage. It was one of the few that really did help me sleep without making me too groggy the next morning.

8. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What do you do if you don't know how to use Bitcoin? (I have tried MANY TIMES to follow all of the steps to setup a Bitcoin wallet.. and get it to work- it didn't, and had to give up -or go crazy, one or the other.

Is this Pharmacy link from another country? Do you need an RX? You can send me the answers in a conversation if you like.

There is a website called goodrx.com where many.. if not all medications, are much cheaper there.. even if you have insurance often times.

You can go to that website and type in the medication and dosage, and it will give you a top 10 list of prices in the ZIP code that you entered, and when you pick a pharmacy and click on the price, it gives you the insurance coding that you can pull up on your phone and relay to the pharmacy, or just pull it up on your phone and hand your phone to the pharmacy when you go to pick it up.. and they can run the insurance/ discount codes on it then.

It has saved me SO MUCH MONEY and made it able for me to get medications I could not have otherwise- since I have not had drug coverage in several years.

9. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Dez - hopefully you did not follow through with that very shady link asking for bitcoin....

Jenn F likes this.
  10. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    No I didn't, LOL

JuicyLucy likes this.
  11. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Caffeine is supposed to be as well, it just knocks me out. Yeah, I've tried No-Doze, still knocks me out. In fact once a whole box of No-Doze. I was out with a friend and we got to doing some night fishing and turtle lifting. Rough when the turtle eats the five pound catfish you're hauling up on shore. Makes you want turtle soup.

12. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Insomniacs, maybe?

dez likes this.
  13. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Is it possible that you are ADD ADD? BC some ppl with conditions like that will get the opposite reaction from "uppers".. Just a thought, I myself have noticed it happens to me if I'm already tired-I can chug 3 energy drinks in a row.. and pass right out! Lol

MyMagicMist likes this.
  14. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    With me? Ha! I'm not really sure if I would be ADD. Not been told so. When I was a joey in my biological mom, she took tranquilizers in one of her many attempts to lose herself. Someone got her up and walked the dope out of her. I have Kallmann or Kallmann's Syndrome. Parts of what I read on it say roughly sometimes the neural paths don't quite get developed out correct. Of course, got someone telling me that diagnoses might be bunk too. Not sure what part mom played with her drugs at that stage, mm'sure it didn't help.

I was my mom's first kid. Navy docs had told her, she would never have kids, end of discussion. I think that might be in part why they discharged me at age 21. "We can't have him in here, he disproves everything we say/believe." growing up a doc had her put me on Riddlin (sp), "he's hyper" and the school didn't want hyper. Well, she did her research and that doctor had some nasty stuff turn up in his dumpster. *ahem* She also dropped me off the Riddlin. I am highly inte, .. s-m-a-r-t and got a wonderful imagination. ;) I'm not hyper but I don't take shit either, teachers disliked that, I would correct them. when i did it wasn't a smart ass punk kid either, it was a kid that looked it up, researched, ask experts, figured it out.

For me anything is possible. i've even suggested to my wife I might be high functioning autistic. i lock up to drive cars. i can drive a tank or bulldozer, some other different small craft ... a car, as in to drive on the public road? *goes six shades of white* Nope, can't do it. Too much all at once. i need time to do trigonometry, driving doesn't afford that. In other craft though you kind of have all the time you need and folks get out of your way, plus other craft are usually larger inside. :) this is also why i don't go for CDLs, drive truck, trucking is "moving" ... not for me, couldn't do it. although now they have gps self guiding ones, still wouldn't want to risk it.

I'm okay though whatever i happen to be. mom in her love for me told me something most valuable when i was a boy. "Son, you are unique and special, .... just like all the other 7 to 8 billion people on the planet." :) Yeah, that's mom, she's nuttier than squirrel dung. I love her anyway.

dez likes this.
  15. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. Speaking from experience, sometimes things can seem so dark and painful that people just don't feel strong enough to get through a moment, much less a day, and she may have struggled like that and it doesn't mean that she loved you any less, she was probably just overcome with a clinical depression or something , and did not know what else to do.
    Since you were put on Ritalin when you were young, there is a chance that you could be ADD or ADHD ( Ritalin is written for those diagnosis), which could be the reason that sedatives work in reverse on you.
    I have never been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD or put on Ritalin as a child, but when I was tested as an adult.. I tested "likely" for ADD, and "very likely" for ADHD- as they have no true 100% test to verify.
    I was not put on Ritalin because I have a heart condition.. and my doctor told me that he had had three young people die while taking Ritalin. . and he was certain that was the cause, and did not want to risk it with me.
    My boyfriend was in the service, and spent 13 months in Iraq, 9 years in Army Reserve..and I would like to THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE as well! My prayers will be with you!

MyMagicMist likes this.
  16. dez

dez Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Yes that would be cool! There's probably a lot of traffic on here in the middle of the night. In fact, I am on this site all hours of the night. It's not only because of my terrible insomnia, but because my boyfriend works nights- so I try to match my schedule to his, anyway.
    I know several other people are insomniac's or night owls that I have met just since I have been on here, which is not that long.

17. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    She dealt with a lot on her plate. For one she is as stubborn as her own father, Army infantryman in the transport pool during WWII. Once he has figured something out and knows he's right, there's no budging him. Sure you might change his view but you'll need to unseat him from out of the clay Earth.

Then she was first married to a sailor, fine man from out of RI with a family tradition of sailors, broiler-men, diesel mechanics, shipwrights. They agreed to "falling out of love" and divorced. Then she got fouled up, met my dad an a-hole jar head (Marine) who refused to grow up, quit chasing anything that laid down in front of him. Well mom come to the final straw when she walked right up on the street knocked on the door of the car he was in with some bimbo. She had no clue where he was, she just followed her gut.

I was two, their best man as well. He then "left" us as she brought me back to VA and I met Grandma & Pap, Uncle "Buddy". Buddy was infantry as well, 'Nam. Him and Pap were not snipers or expert shots by no account save a minor citation for fair marksmanship from infantry. They could shoot, well enough to hit exactly where they aimed 8 to 9 times out of 10, all depending on variables. I've not shot a thing in years, any training for it they instilled has perished away. It was them training me that let me win a turkey shoot at 5 yrs old. *chuckles* That irked my by then truck driving step father off. I had out shot him.

Of course, he didn't want to grow up either. I was the dog that fought for scraps and took the beatings with a smile. Learned to not cry when he beat mom. If I did he beat her worse, and vise versa when he beat me, she stopped crying. Sure I've had the lights on in the brain all the time, but any soldier can tell you; You don't fight a fight that nobody will win, no matter how many friends you have help. i quit playing kind of card games with him. Got beat to win, got beat if I lost and every time called a cheat, liar, and a whole slew of such nastiness it bears no repeating. Then he beat me for not playing. *chuckles*

I was out of boot for about two weeks, official "in fleet" until some papers cleared. There was a few things come along us "out processors" got put up on stand by for during that time. The thresholds were in sight but the planners they planned other ways to do what was needed. Yep, avoid letting the 'rejects' go out with the big dogs despite the rejects possibly out running those dogs. Not proud of being rejected, not ashamed either. I was there and was ready to go, 20 to long chain. Still might if it comes to a pinch, for America, the People, ... not for the federals, bankers or pharisees. Yes, I'd lay it down, no hesitation. I still believe in the correct, just and proper America. Y'all can have this dumpster fire of carpenter ants you call Murica and well, find a hole where it don't shine.

Yes, mom had a lot going on. Then I got guided toward military part of being family, part of I really didn't have much else except spinning yarns, going off to myself and being fine. I'm just a worker with no real dreams for anything else, or if I have dreams I know to not hope too much. Life does that, not that anyone is a victim per say. I've seen that and seen too how it did mom, and yeah she was a bit of a victim at times, as stubborn as she could be.

I used to work graveyard all the time as well. Better crews run as zombies at night. :) Then, a bunch of hooey happened in 2001. Everything got switched backwards. Me getting frustrated at management for not having operating capital and me having a rough shift due to that, tells a super I was frustrated enough that if somebody looked at me wrong, ... Well it ain't considered "blowing off steam" or "venting" anymore, even if you watch and don't use specifics. No, now since 2001 everyone is afraid of their own shadows and even if they know you years, don't matter you been making threats, being some criminal, not a human being that can have a bad day. Yeah, completely backwards.

Terrorists done won. Sad to say more folks killed by lightning strike globally than by terrorist yearly, yet they have done won. They put us all against each other. They step back, let us do ourselves in. And imho that possibly isn't a 'terrorist' objective but 'the bosses' wanted it so it came to be. I could be wrong, aiming too low or off the East wind. That happens, difficult seeing trees for forests sometimes. :)

Well, I need to go help my team. Get more of her clothes folded up for her come in and put up. Still wanting to swab my galley & heads. just a pinch of nothing to do. :) Heard you typing over yon, figured I'd pop in. ;) :) Well run 'er slow. I'm a, ...

dez likes this.