Become a Patron!

Selling question

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK I've been there for 10 minutes and I already hate the freaking place. First, no one greets new members like we do here. Second: What the fuck is this? A newbie vaper asked about a good "cloud chucking setup" and one reply he gets is "If you're new to vaping starting with an RTA ( rebuilable tank atomizer) will have a learning curve & could become frustrating until you figure it out." and it got a lot of likes! WTH?

I complained about that bit of shit advice when I was there! Good luck.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Does it rwally earn you the vadge if you joined for the sole reason of getting banned?

Not so much, really. ECF felt like Boot Camp to me. If you did hard time there, you paid for the damn badge. Lol

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
im sure if you want it all it takes is asking in the ECf refugee thread that how i got mine

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
im sure if you want it all it takes is asking in the ECf refugee thread that how i got mine

Not quite, I asked for one several days ago and was told I didn't get one because I never actually joined...
Not sure what changed as I have the badge now but I don't know why. I can only assume some amazing mod took pity on me because I mentioned O.D. green is my favorite color.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i asked for one months ago. i am registered there, and did post some. i actually won my first win there, Twister mod. 10 winners out of over 14000. dumb luck is what that was.

doesn't matter now, i have a new baner coming in 1 day.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now I have to figure out how to be an asshole. One of my life's failures. I'm too damn nice.
Yep, definitely don't have to be an asshole at all, although I can be when it's warranted. I got into a disagreement there with a complete tool that was very likely to blow his face off with the build and battery choice he was using, then I get a warning from Asswife. I asked her wtf she was warning me for, I hadn't been aggressive or confrontational, I was trying to help someone who thought they knew it all. She was a complete ahole in her reply and essentially told me to not question her. After one more run in with her I was done with that police state forum and changed my Avitar and status to this

5_10anoscash.jpg
This is for you Classwife

Within an hour I received a PM and was banned

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After kicking around for about 24 hours over there I'm not so sure it's worth the effort to get banned. Just not my cup of tea. Don't like the layout or the forum style it uses. Hard to navigate or find stuff. Also, I read the war and peace novel of forum rules and I'm sure there's less rules in most prisons. They are not big fans of freedom there.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it really earn you the badge if you joined for the sole reason of getting banned?

Edit: spelling
LOL That'll be up to our mods and admins here to decide. Honestly, my life won't change whether I have the badge or not.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL That'll be up to our mods and admins here to decide. Honestly, my life won't change whether I have the badge or not.

But that Mechanical King guy is there. You could possibly bust him. Or not. He might be a nutter in RL.
If you want a green badge, get it. You’re right, it really won’t change anything. I was pissed off at them yesterday, but it’s pointless. I checked out their thread tonight on stocking up for the worst case scenario, and they had good ideas.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Don't like the layout or the forum style it uses. Hard to navigate or find stuff.

i felt the same way. and then had to suck ass to just look in the hardware room.
and you know whats funny about it. far as i could tell, is the same software.

all the shit i hear about that place, idk how anyone would want to go there. must be the church of Scientology of vaping.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But that Mechanical King guy is there. You could possibly bust him. Or not. He might be a nutter in RL.
If you want a green badge, get it. You’re right, it really won’t change anything. I was pissed off at them yesterday, but it’s pointless. I checked out their thread tonight on stocking up for the worst case scenario, and they had good ideas.
To no real purpose. He'll out himself eventually. AS I said, my dealings with him went off without a hitch. Maybe the guy is trying to be better than his past. Maybe the guy is a dick. Maybe the leopard hasn't changed his spots. I don't know.

After he was banned here he sent me an email saying that he had transactions that were in the middle. He asked if I could forward his email to the mods so he could at least complete those transaction. I did forward his message to the mods and admins. What they choose to do is up to them.

There's plenty of cross over in membership.

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i felt the same way. and then had to suck ass to just look in the hardware room.
and you know whats funny about it. far as i could tell, is the same software.

all the shit i hear about that place, idk how anyone would want to go there. must be the church of Scientology of vaping.
Ya know, I'm sure many of the members there are just like us.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
From what I understand you don't have to get banned to have the badge, I'm pretty sure I remember @JuicyLucy saying that.
You don't need to be banned at ECF to get the refugee badge here. I haven't been banned there, and I only go there every once in a while to talk with a few friends who won't come here and Mooch's blog. I'm an adult and want to be treated like an adult. Therefore, my online vape home is VU!

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been banned there yet either. But I don't post much. I have bought and sold a ton of stuff there. It is hard to navigate and find anything your looking for. I have been friends with anavidfan for a long time and she told me about VU. So now you have to put up with me lol.
I'm quiet like a mouse though lol.

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
ask here if you really want it http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-badge-available-for-our-ecf-refugees.218864/page-23 just remember the idea behind the badge was a way for members to say they survived ECF.

I know this is a late reply, but that *is* what the badge is. When I got to VU, I felt almost shell shocked from being at ECF!
And the stuff they say about us is crazy. It’s all wrong, too. When I was thinking about leaving there, I stopped going and really thought about it. I had no idea what VU would be like, so I started just reading different threads here. What a relief this forum was.

So glad that I never went back there.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I made one post there and quit. Was reading about the vapor joe debacle and found my way here...Tried to get in a while ago but my my password wouldn't work.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I made one post there and quit. Was reading about the vapor joe debacle and found my way here...Tried to get in a while ago but my my password wouldn't work.

I think the Vapor Joe thing would have made me want to come here! lol It’s so silly really that the two forums still don’t get along. Especially now with vaping being so threatened. :yikes:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the Vapor Joe thing would have made me want to come here! lol It’s so silly really that the two forums still don’t get along. Especially now with vaping being so threatened. :yikes:
totally agree but what i can say with some relative authority being a reformed Pre classwife ECF staff member is that ECF Treats it's self like they are the sole source of legitimate vaping information any other source is inferior When ECF was founded and it was not about Money to SJ then it was a bit better but has SJ cost and member base grew a few choices he made changed it forever

1. he hired a moderator crew who at the time didn't vape they set New rules on Staff and members some made since like routiating your password but they turned ECF into a Company not a Family. There the ones who set the price for just about everything not SJ. they may or maynot still be in place.
at the time and i stepped down for something i do for free i should not have to jump thur the steps needed to get there approval to continue to help.

2. SJ took a less active role in being an owner and just let his hired team make the judgement calls rather than the staff who vaped and been there since day one. i understand real life happens and he wanted this hired crew to run things but when issues need an owner to step up he always defaulted to what did "x" say rather than Dive into the issue.

3. Other forums are born out of the fall out of all the changes made by this hired company. They with SJ decided to filter all those places and in one case forced a site to shut down and transfer it's URL to them. Been to long can't remember all the details nor do i care to. VU came along about the same time and was lumped in but they key difference was VU didn't come along with the intent to do anything to ECF. We leave it to are members to make the judgement for themselves where they want to be.

4. When ECF bans they "moved you" on your profile so they can still count you as a member

5. they don't really support free speech about a vendor there. if the vendor complains its gone since there charged to be a vendor there its also why they have so damm many.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More ppl get banned from ECF for little to nothing, it's amazing they have any members left at all

Still not gotten banned there. Not for lack of trying. I think they are telling me to unfuck myself. :confused::cry:

I have 5 lifetime band from ecf :bingo:
It's a badge of honor

You bass turd! Though to be honest figure I got banned there it would infinite life banning. I'm just so heartbroken.

Imaging scene whereby I'm meeting the grand entity of Providence. "Why doest thou cry?"

"I failed you oh great poo bah, I could not even get banned from fucking ecf! I'm sorry, give me another chance, please."

"No! Off to limbo for you!"

"Oh, that's all?"

Shit I don't know if I can stomach it long enough to get banned.

Muhahaha.

Like I tried to say, it's quite "different" over there.

yep,yep,yep.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Still not gotten banned there. Not for lack of trying. I think they are telling me to unfuck myself. :confused::cry:

You bass turd! Though to be honest figure I got banned there it would infinite life banning. I'm just so heartbroken.

Imaging scene whereby I'm meeting the grand entity of Providence. "Why doest thou cry?"

"I failed you oh great poo bah, I could not even get banned from fucking ecf! I'm sorry, give me another chance, please."

"No! Off to limbo for you!"

"Oh, that's all?"

Muhahaha.

yep,yep,yep.

Oh, you’re back in black lately! lol Thanks, you made me laugh at 8am and with no coffee. :hug:

VU Sponsors