Become a Patron!

Semi's Key Lime Cheesecake Twist

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well here's an old tried and tested with a slight tweak.
Been on a lemon binge of late, and haven't been able to top this one to date.
Shake and vape her all night long!

Key Lime Cheese Cake

4% TFA Cheese Cake Graham
4% TFA Key Lime
1% FA Coconut
1% FA Apple Pie

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks delicious, I will have to give this one a try.
Thanks for sharing!

I see the lime. Where is the lemon coming from?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haa yea well, lemon/lime binge. I should of said, citric binge. I've mainly been playing with FA lemon cicily and FA lime cold pressed mixes, but keep coming back to this TFA key lime combined with the Cheesecake Graham Cracker. In regards to my palette, that combo's hard to beat.

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fair enough.
I will give it a mix later today and post my thoughts.
I don't have any more TFA Key Lime, I may have to sub it for something else.
Any recommendations?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fair enough.
I will give it a mix later today and post my thoughts.
I don't have any more TFA Key Lime, I may have to sub it for something else.
Any recommendations?

As for subbing the key lime, I'm not sure if you'll be able to. I don't think it will work as well with FA limes. Give it a go, but try and grab some TFA key lime if possible

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Having said that, I've only got FA lime cold pressed to compare TFA key lime to. You could try the cold pressed at 2%. I think it would still be good, but maybe not quite there

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me know how you go. I think the most important ingredient in this mix is the apple pie. It takes the edge off the graham cracker, giving it a buttery crustyness, and also sweetening the lime at the same time. Should still be efective with FA lime

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks fabulous, Semi! I am a big citrus fan. No tfa key lime, but will b in my next order. Infill then I will experiment wit Fa. I think it must be a combo. Of the two FA limes to create a key lime flavor, but I am sure it will end up somewhat differently than tfa key lime. I'm thinking a 2:1/3:1 ratio w/ cold pressed being the higher %. Will post any results.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I'd imagine you could get close. Hopefully someone can chime in that's had a lot of experience with both TFA and FA limes.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Semi, I'm gonna mix some up today, but cut the flavor in half cuz I am fortunate to have super taste buds. I'll try it with 1.5% FA Lime c.p. and .5% FA Lime tahiti distilled and describe the taste later today. I'm excited!!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Semi, this is awesome!! On FA I think a 3:1 ratio of lime cold pressed to lime distilled is about perfect. This is so yummy. I think it would be good all cold pressed lime too, but not as key limish. TY. You Rock SEMI!!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for trying it out Daintanee. I'm really glad that you're enjoying it as much as I am, and thanks for giving feedback on the lime. Now I'm gonna have to try it with FA limes too :D I just need to get some distilled. You rock too! :p

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok finally I have a recipe for my key lime. But a question? Only have apple pie flavor apprentice .. Will this work since main Ing. Is the key lime ?
Well here's an old tried and tested with a slight tweak.
Been on a lemon binge of late, and haven't been able to top this one to date.
Shake and vape her all night long!

Key Lime Cheese Cake

4% TFA Cheese Cake Graham
4% TFA Key Lime
1% FA Coconut
1% FA Apple Pie

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC
Going off subject :
The single flavors you offer in mama Js like quickberry pink, Christmas cookies. Are these a stand alone flavor with your PG,VG..?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok finally I have a recipe for my key lime. But a question? Only have apple pie flavor apprentice .. Will this work since main Ing. Is the key lime ?

I haven't tried the TFA apple pie in a long time. It should still add some effect, but maybe not as much pie'ish effect as the FA, which is the best I've tried to date in regards to the pie element. Give it a try though and see how you go :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HIC
Going off subject :
The single flavors you offer in mama Js like quickberry pink, Christmas cookies. Are these a stand alone flavor with your PG,VG..?
Those are all the flavors that go into the recipe pre-mixed. You do need to add your own PG, VG, and nic. Mix at the suggested percentage on the bottle for your first try. Then adjust to meet your palate on additional mixes.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Semi, this is awesome!! On FA I think a 3:1 ratio of lime cold pressed to lime distilled is about perfect. This is so yummy. I think it would be good all cold pressed lime too, but not as key limish. TY. You Rock SEMI!!
What about FA Lime Cold Pressed and FA Lemon Sicily? I would think that would be close to Key Lime pie flavor. Maybe a 50/50 of each or a tad more of lime than lemon.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about FA Lime Cold Pressed and FA Lemon Sicily? I would think that would be close to Key Lime pie flavor. Maybe a 50/50 of each or a tad more of lime than lemon.
Idk. The Tahiti distilled seems to give it a zippy zest...not much is needed. Idk if the lemon plus lime would make a key lime, but it would definitely be yum!!

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Christmas cookie sounds great an I just add my own VG,PG...
Sounds like another good flavor to pick up.
Wasn't sure above if they are a premixed diy,just add our own base..
Thanks HIC

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for subbing the key lime, I'm not sure if you'll be able to. I don't think it will work as well with FA limes. Give it a go, but try and grab some TFA key lime if possible
I need to order this. I have tried several FA both lime combinations as well as adding lemon silicy, custard, etc. And it just doesn't make the key lime I am wanting. Each time I have tried in the past the labor was sold out. That must say something.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've had this Key Limie flavor for a while and never mixed it at all. Whipped this up last night, but, like @Daintenee, reduced a couple flavors. This is pretty nice Semi! I might consider what D did, for myself, and add just a tiny touch of FA Limes for that extra tart zing.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheers Huckleberried, I'm glad you like it.
Yea I'm looking forward to receiving my next order so I can make some more up and give the FA limes a whirl too. We all need a little more zing :cheers:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea overall I prefer FA Lime. The TFA tastes way more artificial and candy like, but it works well with the Cheesecake Graham cracker. I'd seen a few old recipes elsewhere consisting of just the two flavours. I just added apple pie and coconut to the mix and cut down the amounts. They were using between 8%-10% of Keylime & Cheesecake GC. And you thought I liked it strong :vino:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got tfa key lime:vapemail:! I also ordered flavorah lime and have both FA limes. Tomorrow is The Day of The Limes!!

Semi, I have a ? For you. I really like a zippy lime (want it to be the main part). What would be your thoughts if I cut all of the flavors by 50% except the tfa key lime? I have vaped some of the FA limes with some lemon silicy and custard and 2% TFA Cheesecake Graham crust and 1% FA Apple pie was good. Ah heck, I'll just mix it both ways for scientific purposes!! :D:bliss:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got tfa key lime:vapemail:! I also ordered flavorah lime and have both FA limes. Tomorrow is The Day of The Limes!!

Semi, I have a ? For you. I really like a zippy lime (want it to be the main part). What would be your thoughts if I cut all of the flavors by 50% except the tfa key lime?

Not sure, I'm still just finding my feet in this mixing game. I just post a recipe when I fluke something nice. lol

It would definitely be very heavy on the lime if you halved all the other ingredients.
I'd try the exact recipe first, as I find it very limey, If you need more zip or zest, add more base and lime from there.
I'm looking forward to adding some FA lime to the TFA Keylime as you guys have recommended above.
My restock should arrive in the next few days.

theozricle

Member For 4 Years
I fancy giving this a try. I have all the ingredients apart from FA Coconut could I sub with TFA coconut if so could you recommend at what amounts?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I fancy giving this a try. I have all the ingredients apart from FA Coconut could I sub with TFA coconut if so could you recommend at what amounts?

Yea I think it will be fine. Never tried TFA coconut and it may not be as concentrated as FA so you might need a little more, but most coconuts should work. If no one else chimes in on an equivalent percentage to FA, just look at what percentage most people are using TFA coconut in their mixes.

theozricle

Member For 4 Years
Tried this again after the last few ml's have been sitting in my cupboard. I got my first dripper today and wow!
I also have FA coconut too now so will be mixing this up again. Great recipe fella!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheers Theozricle, glad you're enjoying it.
Yea It's hard to top the flavour of a good dripper

VU Sponsors