Sense Herakles 24.7mm RTA / Sort-Of Review

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I searched for a thread on this wonderful RTA and got nothing, so I figured I'd make a thread dedicated to it that doubles as sort of a review.

I got this RTA right after it first went retail. I was already head over heels in love with my Supreme and Boreas so this sat on the desk for a few days before I used it. I got mine it black, it comes in black and stainless if anyone is interested.

When I first got it, no machine oil, no glue stains, no China smell. It's very well machined and they definitely took good care of the quality control as the second one I ordered was the same way. No crunchy or squeaky threads, everything fits as it should. The drip tip is amazing, super wide bore delrin piece that is perfectly functional though it is not removable. Though it's so damned good in my opinion I see no need to replace it.

The airflow intake is your typical Sense tank design, quad slots that extend around the perimeter of the base, which are then expelled out of two massive holes under where your coils sit and under two smaller holes under the posts themselves. I was skeptical of this airflow design, I figured the air holes under the posts would be doing the same thing as the Griffin/Gemini top airflow, making it to the deck but due to jet stream / positioning / something or the other not hitting the coils. But, I think a little bit of it actually is, though definitely not a 100% of it.

I will say, this RTA has airflow that could put some cloud chasing RDA's to shame. Wide open it is AIRY, so airy in fact I rarely keep it wide open unless I'm feeling like a 250W vape on my RX200. The good news is while it has massive amounts of airflow, the ring does a good job of shutting it down to as little as a very restrictive lung hit if you so desire it to be, but definitely not a MtL tank by any stretch of the imagination. It's a top fill tank, though I feel that's a given in the modern RTA market.

The deck posts aren't milled into the deck or anything, they're on a spinning rod that is loosened/tightened with a screw under the deck, which is in fact removable from the base AND you can remove it with a full tank to work with it which is always wonderful. I thought they might be a little too fragile at first, but I've yanked at some pretty thick coils, which by the way will fit because the post holes on this RTA are HUGE, on this thing and the posts held up fine and never swiveled when the screw was tightened. Everything makes a good connection too, which is nice to see. No stripped screws or posts in the time I've had it which is nice to see when the Smok G2 deck let me down so hard in that area.

The deck itself seems to be around the 17mm area, it's about identical to the Griffin 25's build deck. I can fit 9 wrap fused 28 x 2 with 32 gauge 3.2mm dual fused claptons in here without issue, I might even be able to fit 10 but I've yet to try. The RTA likes high wattages, I'll tell you that for sure. It could theoretically be what you guys call a 'tootle' puffer, but I wouldn't buy this RTA if you vape under 75W because this thing is made for big, airy, flavorful cloud chucking builds and nothing else.

It holds 6mls of juice, which is nice for its size, it actually seems to be a true rating unlike Geekvapes over rating of the capacity on the Griffin tank. Overall this tank is a lot like the Griffin 25, only with more airflow (even more than the top airflow Griffin) and WHAT I BELIEVE PERSONALLY a more efficient airflow that doesn't kill your vape. The top airflow on the Griffin is gimmicky in my opinion, but we won't get into that here. It has the same wicking system, though to the eye the channels seem to be a bit larger than the Griffin's. The juice flow control method is also the same, but I will say the Herakles did it much better because it's not all loose like the Griffin's, it's a very stiff mechanism that won't just slip and slide all over the place when any tension is applied to it.

Surprisingly, despite all the air, I do get some pretty good flavor off this RTA. It's not Boreas or Supreme flavor, but it's ALMOST as good as the flavor I get off my Moonshot which is saying a LOT for an RTA with this much airflow. Clouds are a given, this thing cranks out clouds that would make RDA lovers get a little tickle in their hearts.

It's the same Griffin wicking style as I mentioned, I find it easy to wick this but there is going to be that perfect balance of cotton to prevent either dry hits or leaking, though I've found since the channels seem to be a bit larger this tank needs a pinch more cotton than the Griffin 25.

The threads are great, the glass is durable, the finish on the black version has not worn out, the posts are strong so far, nothing has stripped, overall it's been holding up like a champ and I do get a tad abusive with my equipment so that's actually saying something. If you like an RTA that will eat up thick wire and massive coils that has airflow for days that can chuck flavorful clouds then you'll love this. If you want a more restrictive vape with hot, dense vapor that's more suited for a flavor chaser, you COULD work with this but overall I don't think it's a tank you'd like.

Pros:

6ml accurate capacity

Large build deck, not the biggest nor the smallest, but plenty big for some large specialty coil builds

TONS and TONS of airflow, but is adjustable to where it can be toned down to where it's restrictive

VERY nice construction, and between the two I have quality control is consistent

The drip tip is just amazing, I personally love it

Cheap price, it's as low as $29.99 some places, and it's widely available

Easy top filling

In my opinion, the tank is gorgeous

The deck is removable both from the base itself and while the tank is filled, so you can tinker with it pretty freely

Loves high wattage

Cons:

Dual coil only, no single coil love from Sense, not a personal con but it will be to some

Basically only caters to high wattage vapers, this is not a tank for the low wattage 'tootle' puffers or MtL vapers at ALL

The post design is a little sketchy, while it's held up fine from my abuse I feel like a hardcore builder like Raymo could easily snap one of these posts with some hella thick coils, though I don't feel it'd be easy. Just a worry.

Some people might see the post hole airflow as gimmicky, but from my testing, it actually seems to hit SOME of the coil and doesn't pollute flavor too badly

While it gives good flavor, it's too airy to give you what could be considered a 'flavor chasing' vape

Small coil builds will get overwhelmed in here, even on restrictive airflow settings, they don't even look like they belong when you install them

Some may not like the idea of a spinning deck, but the screw holds it in place perfectly and the fact the deck is removable is a pro to me, so this is subjective

None of your own drip tips on this one guys, she's fixed WITH SOME, it unthreads either way, but mine didn't come with 510 adapters but some evidently do

It's by no means a PERFECT tank but I enjoy it far more than the Griffin 25 top or topless airflow and Gemini 25 tanks. I still love the RDTA style Boreas and Supreme tanks better, but as far as traditional RTA's go, this one is the favorite out of my collection and I love it. This is all of course my opinion, but hell, I didn't see anything in the rebuildable thread on so, so I posted this.

sense_herakles_rta_rebuildable_tank_atomizer_authentic_1__1_1.jpg

Last edited:

Burke

Member For 4 Years
The drip tip is supposed to be threaded. Have you tried unscrewing it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOLZ. Dude type so fast
Do an accurate review next time dude
16cd5eb3bd28934172195ece9e45f537.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The drip tip is supposed to be threaded. Have you tried unscrewing it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fixed, meaning, you cannot use your own. I didn't get a 510 conversion piece. I knew it unthreaded, but that doesn't allow you to use your own 510 drip tip if you didn't get an adapter.

Last edited:
I've had this RTA for a few days now and cant get it to stop leaking out the air holes. I have a griffin 22mm and wicked the Herakles the same way. Griffin never leaks. After countless re-wicking jobs, o-ring arrangements and replacements, the only way I got it to stop leaking was to unscrew the deck and stuff cotton in the air flow holes under the posts leaving the air holes under the coils open. No more leaks. Anyone have problems with this tank leaking out the air holes? Seems that having your wick surrounded by air holes on either side is a real challenge to wick for me.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
How thin is your juice? I don't have this issue on 70/30 and 80/20 blends.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have 3.5mm 9 wrap 28x2 with 32 ga fused claptons in mine with no leaking issues.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
10 wrap 3.2mm 28 x 2 with 32 ga fused claptons in mine, still no leaking. The deck is absolutely maxed out though, I had to tinker just to avoid a hard short.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So what do you guys think makes this atty better than the Griffin 25? Is this something I need to look at for review? If so, tell me why.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think it's better than the Griffin 25 because it has more airflow but all coming from the deck area, no flavor killing top airflow. Deck is the same size, holds more capacity.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Herakles RTA just reinvented itself, or rather Sense did, with two large airflow holes instead of four on the deck and they combined the four wicking holes into two huge ones. Definitely a Griffin 25 killer now, the Herakles RTA-2.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh, bastardy. Don't believe will really make a difference. Airflow already wide open, doubtful that moving to 2 big ones will really make any noticeable difference. However since new and just got v1 I now want the v2 that I can't have yet, F.

Loving this tank. Still prefer the Boreas and Supreme, sometimes get a little seep with the 2. Anyway keeping up well, below is not a normal build, takes more power and hit to battery than I care for. Might be time to get 3 battery DNA .

b47634c46687e10281949bdcad56f9e3.jpg

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somehow (well dry burn of course) ended up melting peak insulator. Not had this happen with other tanks, maybe just strange build or heated up longer than normal. Received new deck, but interested in fixing old one. Anyone have line on peak insulator that will work?

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes v1, did not think v2 out until later this month

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Somehow (well dry burn of course) ended up melting peak insulator. Not had this happen with other tanks, maybe just strange build or heated up longer than normal. Received new deck, but interested in fixing old one. Anyone have line on peak insulator that will work?

It's unlikely you will be able to source one. Best you can do is make one yourself from a blank.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya was thinking something like that maybe something from tank graveyard to minimize time spent. This tank kicks ass, but seems to be more fragile than most. All good

VU Sponsors