Become a Patron!

"Sense HERAKLES PLUS" My Overall Thoughts After 5 Days

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could also try using less VG, for less clouds and more flavor.
But most of these big airy tanks will probably leak and/or gurgle & flood with higher PG.
I'd recommend getting a Joyetech Cubis with the 1.5 Clapton coils, or a Joyetech Tron-S with 1.0 CLR coils.
Better for more discreet vaping, decent flavor, and less juice consumption.
Edit: forgot to mention I'm a MTL type.

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so my next question would be...does the herakles Plus seem to have more leaking g problems with the higher the VG or the higher the PG in the u-juice/liquid preference that you use? I vape 80-100% max VG, but I recently went down to 3mg nic and found I lost a lot of the normal flavor I was used to. So I was thinking of going back to 65VG/35PG, would that bring back the flavor that I'm missing? But at the same time if im about to but the Herakles Plus will that mix be fine or will that make it it more prone to leaking? Thanks so let me know about the flavor drop from nic drop and if H+ will leak more @ 65VG as compared to 80+vg. Thanks!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
but I recently went down to 3mg nic and found I lost a lot of the normal flavor I was used to.

Possibly could loose some flavor if your NIC is PG based.
And yes you can raise the PG some to make up for flavor loss.
But I don't know if the Herakles will run OK with the thinner juice or not, as I don't have that tank.
Most of these tanks seem to be designed with bigger juice channels for better wicking with high VG tho.

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Possibly could loose some flavor if your NIC is PG based.
And yes you can raise the PG some to make up for flavor loss.
But I don't know if the Herakles will run OK with the thinner juice or not, as I don't have that tank.

Most of these tanks seem to be designed with bigger juice channels for better wicking with high VG tho.

Ok so it's better off to stay with the 80+ VG that I was using rather than move down to the next lowest they provide which is 65VG if I plan on getting the H+. I have the juice order juat sitting in the cart and can't figure out what to do with the VG level! Vs the possible leakage vs flavor lol that's it I quit it all haha! No but thank you for more clarity on the issue I think I plan on going back and changing them all back to 80! Maybe leave one at 65 VG at a small 10mg size bottle as a tester to see what happens with it. Thank you!!!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I spoke too soon on the H+. The first coil burnt in 3 days, 0.4 at 65w.

When I changed it, the top of the 3 piece coil unscrewed, leaving the rest stuck in the base. Not sure how to remove it.

Anyone using this tank, be sure all parts of the coil are tight before screwing it in. Not something I knew to look out for.

So for now, I'm back to the og Herakles. On occasion, I've needed to mess with the copper 510 pin to make contact.

Sense is not exactly making my day.

Got the H+ on eBay for 19.99, and it was the coil that caused the issue, so I may be SOL. Live and learn.

Mike

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok so it's better off to stay with the 80+ VG that I was using rather than move down to the next lowest they provide which is 65VG if I plan on getting the H+. I have the juice order juat sitting in the cart and can't figure out what to do with the VG level! Vs the possible leakage vs flavor lol that's it I quit it all haha! No but thank you for more clarity on the issue I think I plan on going back and changing them all back to 80! Maybe leave one at 65 VG at a small 10mg size bottle as a tester to see what happens with it. Thank you!!!

Just another advantage when making your own DIY juice, as you can mix the PG/VG ratio to whatever you want.

But one of the reasons I've stuck with my old tanks is because I can run 70/30VG, MTL, & no leaking.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine used to leak, I found a way around it. What I do is close the juice flow, I never close my airflow, I screw the top back on and take off the drip tip and flick any excess juice in your main hole. Then I hit it like twice with closed juice flow, then open it about 20% and vape on it from there.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I spoke too soon on the H+. The first coil burnt in 3 days, 0.4 at 65w.

When I changed it, the top of the 3 piece coil unscrewed, leaving the rest stuck in the base. Not sure how to remove it.

Anyone using this tank, be sure all parts of the coil are tight before screwing it in. Not something I knew to look out for.

So for now, I'm back to the og Herakles. On occasion, I've needed to mess with the copper 510 pin to make contact.

Sense is not exactly making my day.

Got the H+ on eBay for 19.99, and it was the coil that caused the issue, so I may be SOL. Live and learn.

Mike

Strange I've never had a coil less than a couple weeks. I've used both the 316L and kanthal.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With 1st coil going bad in 3 days and the 2nd coming apart when installing, I have to wonder if I got a clone, thanks to my eBay "partner." I did manage to get the remains of the coil out of the base. If nothing else, I grabbed a couple of new coils from a local shop I think to be reputable.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With 1st coil going bad in 3 days and the 2nd coming apart when installing, I have to wonder if I got a clone, thanks to my eBay "partner." I did manage to get the remains of the coil out of the base. If nothing else, I grabbed a couple of new coils from a local shop I think to be reputable.
That could be the case. I've had nothing but good luck using vape royalty for my coils. Since they last me so long I've only bought 3 packs of them so far. I also own quite a few of the tanks between the Fullszie and the V2 so I have a bunch of coils that come in the box.

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would you be able to say which specific seller on ebay so I would know to stay away? Thanks!!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
She did offer to send me some coils, so maybe her intentions are good. I told her I hope it wasn't a clone. She apologized but did not respond to my clone comment. She also appears to be in the business. I don't know enough to want to hurt her eBay business but I am suspicious.

PM me if you would like the vendor specifics.

Mike

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That could be the case. I've had nothing but good luck using vape royalty for my coils. Since they last me so long I've only bought 3 packs of them so far. I also own quite a few of the tanks between the Fullszie and the V2 so I have a bunch of coils that come in the box.

Is it me or are the 0.2 316 SS coils much tastier than the 0.4 kanthal, once broken in? I notice less cloud but still dense, and less juice consumption too. Alot like the Crown 0.25 but better. I ordered a pack online, hope they last.

Would also like to see Sense release a Clapton, an RBA, maybe ceramic, other ohms, etc. In other words, the SMOK approach rather than the Kanger.

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
She did offer to send me some coils, so maybe her intentions are good. I told her I hope it wasn't a clone. She apologized but did not respond to my clone comment. She also appears to be in the business. I don't know enough to want to hurt her eBay business but I am suspicious.

PM me if you would like the vendor specifics.

Mike

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,
I was looking into buying from a site called sweet-vapes...they seem to really legit and their prices are perfect but when I went to the check out to but the herakles plus, a pack of coils, and the istick tc 100w the shipping was $13!! If I took the istick out thank it would only be $3, and if I did the istick only thinking maybe I could just split the order and just for the mod it was $13 (well to be proper it's like something like $12.95/99 close enough to say $13) so their sweet deal isn't so sweet if you want to get their sweet deal of a mod like the istick tc 100w that they are selling for $32 and change otherwise I would've jumped on that while deal, and it's better to get your setup from one place (at least I think it would be?) That way it should be expected for some better customer service? But at the moment does anyone have any possible codes/vouchers ect for this site so maybe I can just use that as a way to counter the shipping. I did try the most recent money ILUV2VAPE but it said it won't work, maybe thats for liquids.? IDK but if anyone has any feedback on the site first of and secondly if there are any codes for the site, speaking on if it's a good site!
Thanks everyone!

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh I have one of the possibly stupidest st questions possible but do the SS or Ni type coils need to primed in anyway like the kanthal ones..hahaa everyone can laugh at that but I just thought about that right now!

CalBlackSheep

Member For 4 Years
Oh I have one of the possibly stupidest st questions possible but do the SS or Ni type coils need to primed in anyway like the kanthal ones..hahaa everyone can laugh at that but I just thought about that right now!
If by primed you mean broken-in then yes they do. It's all about the cotton. I don't think the metal type matters too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,
I was looking into buying from a site called sweet-vapes...they seem to really legit and their prices are perfect but when I went to the check out to but the herakles plus, a pack of coils, and the istick tc 100w the shipping was $13!! If I took the istick out thank it would only be $3, and if I did the istick only thinking maybe I could just split the order and just for the mod it was $13 (well to be proper it's like something like $12.95/99 close enough to say $13) so their sweet deal isn't so sweet if you want to get their sweet deal of a mod like the istick tc 100w that they are selling for $32 and change otherwise I would've jumped on that while deal, and it's better to get your setup from one place (at least I think it would be?) That way it should be expected for some better customer service? But at the moment does anyone have any possible codes/vouchers ect for this site so maybe I can just use that as a way to counter the shipping. I did try the most recent money ILUV2VAPE but it said it won't work, maybe thats for liquids.? IDK but if anyone has any feedback on the site first of and secondly if there are any codes for the site, speaking on if it's a good site!
Thanks everyone!

Here is the mod for around $33 with shipping, no code required...

https://101vape.com/mods/947-istick...d-by-eleaf.html?search_query=istick&results=6

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, ok sorry for all the questions but I just kinda noticed something on my current setup and I don't understand the ohms/voltage/amps whole calculations and what I currently have is the 100w istick with LH H2 3000mah 3.7v batteries that I had bought off eBay when I bought the mod (different users) was claimed authentic, but on my read out does it make sense that with 2 of those batteries in it that at 50 watts it's running at 5.4v on a 0.6 ohm coil for a regular sense herakles? I'm all of a sudden feeling like that doesn't sound right? Or am I just being paranoid? Or is it possible I have really bad batteries? They have always run at this voltage since I've gotten the setup as the one I had before was the istick 50w batteries installed and can't remember what the voltage was for that at 50 watts bc the screen died. Can someone tell me if this is right wrong or is there something I'm doing wring with the mod? The voltage changes by itself when changing in the watts. Thanks please help!!

ajbond916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me ask you a question, is your herk leaking heavily through the vents while your vaping it, or when lay the tank down on its side. I noticed on mine i put the device down on its side and i noticed when i picked it up there was a slight drop of juice in between the vent, i mean its wasnt dripping out but i still noticed it. I think what i am going to start doing more when im not using it i will close the juice channel, and see if that helps, snd then when i want to vape it i will just turn it back on. Good luck with yours dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know this post is dead, I haven't checked it in a while. But I have a tendency to blow the vapor through the airholes right before I inhale (always done it that way, no particular reason,) but it's definitely not condensation/ saliva. There's no way.

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also think people over fill the top. Once you get to where the slots are that's where to stop, don't keep filling till it's all the way to the top to where you twist it back on! That's where I can see a lots of people complaining about it super leaking!!!
I found some posts in REDDIT about people saying there herk plus leaks and they mention some other good tips on correcting issue. Just do a search on google for "herkakles tank leaking" and click on reddit link, good info there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My H+ has become a leaker now that the weather is warm. Maybe juice flow control is failing, or bad coils, not sure. Also, never had any luck with the 0.4 for lasting and not leaking. The 0.2 316 SS have been better, but the tank is on the sidelines now. My tfv4 and og Herakles don't spit or leak.

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You aren't filling the juice abovery the juice line at the top correct? And I know its had to seperate turning the juice flow on/off without moving the rest if the bottom settings so kinda make sure those are all held tightly in place when turning on or off and other things is even if the juice controller is off when changing cois there's still going to be pressure so kinda open the juice flow a little bit before completely turning the top cap back on and finish opening juice hole with it upside down?? I always have a lil leakage for sure when changing coils but not that much when filling as long as I don't fill past those two juice openings!

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My H+ has become a leaker now that the weather is warm. Maybe juice flow control is failing, or bad coils, not sure. Also, never had any luck with the 0.4 for lasting and not leaking. The 0.2 316 SS have been better, but the tank is on the sidelines now. My tfv4 and og Herakles don't spit or leak.
Temp. and altitude / pressure surely effects leakage factor ! Vape onward !!!

VU Sponsors