Become a Patron!

Sentinel M16 Clone by Hcigar

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another mod I picked up from 101vape after VJ pimped it ;) This one is a little fiddly. Not bad though. In 18650 mode with flat top sony vtc5 in it you can just see threads of copper tube. Looks better in 18500. 510 connection is a tad grinding but may smooth out after putting on and removing tanks. Magnetic switch is pretty smooth and doesnt need to be hit dead center to work good. Not reverse threaded so watch bottom doesn't screw off. Looks great and fits in hand well and with swirls and edges on it you feel secure using it. I will defiantly keep using and for 22.00 another great buy. I'm sensing that I am headed toward liking mechanical s more than vv/vw. At least when I'm surfing the net or working on computers

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the Hcigar Sentinel clone. I actually bought one from 101 vape to just use as a beater mod and tester especially considering the $24 price. Well, now, I like this thing so much it sees more use than my authentic ones. Low voltage drop, great contacts, nice threads and all around very well made. Also nice that the Grand Vapor logo was not duplicated on the tube too.

I use this mostly in 18500 mode (agree with the OP, in 18650 mode the threads are exposed) BTW, factory switch configuration is spring, not magnet.

16242mq.jpg

mismo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Get some graphite powder and sprinkle on the threads. It makes it as smooth as a babies ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the look on the sentinals. Thanks @mismo didn't know about graphite powder but nothing is as smooth as a babies ...! Lol

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use this mostly in 18500 mode (agree with the OP, in 18650 mode the threads are exposed) BTW, factory switch configuration is spring, not magnet.

You are correct on spring switch. I got 3 devices Thursday and 2 were magnet and one spring. Messed that up.

bigbadthor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own an authentic M16, it was my first mech mod. The threads show in 18650 mode as well but I've never really minded. Is this version made from stainless steel as well? The last clone I held was extremely light and the threading was wonky (Rip Trippers old "vs" video shows what I am talking about.).
Some suggestions for you: Keep your mod clean, that low voltage drop goes away when the copper contacts get dirty; same with the threads. Watch your ohms in 18500 mode, they may not be able to keep up with you.
Great review, keep at it.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is not real light but not heavy either. Bottom and top is SS and copper tube. Exactly as one in KKens pic. 510 threads a tad wonky but I think a little use and some lube will fix it. I'm not a cloud chaser. I like 1.3 to 1.8 ohms usually. Any lower and too warm for me. Thanks for responding!

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is an Aluminum version, but not sure who make it though. It is VERY light, and definitely has a cheap feel to it. The contacts didn't appear to be silver plated like the HCigar SS M16 we are discussing here.

18500 mode is my preferred size, so my ohm-load doesn't go below .9, but in 18650 mode, this thing really hits harder than many of my authentic mods. I don't like the exposed threads in 18650 mode though, so makes me wonder why they couldn't make the center tube just 1-2mm longer ;)

18350 mod is very stealthy but IMHO, looks/feels way off.

VU Sponsors