Become a Patron!

series box mod kanthal cloud builds

MonsterClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what coil builds are you guys using on your box mods with batteries running in series? been trying to find a good build.

I'm running dual 4 wrap 26/32 ka1 Clapton's at .34 ohm on a youde hunter rda with a sig 150 running 60 watts and very happy with the vapor production and flavor.
I bought the Clapton wire by youde at my local b&m for 14.99$ for 15 foot I'm sure you can find it cheaper online but being a local business owner I support local businesses.
I also like to build parallel 24 g kanthal

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, claptons all day in series. I do a dual 40/24 - 10 wraps @ 3mm. I like that a lot in the troll. Heats up really fast for how big it is. The flavor and vapor are immense.

You can do some crazy standards if you want something easy. Try a .4-.45 dual 24 or something, but beware of the wicked dry hit... ...the biggest problem with giving massive standard coils wrapped with thick wire 8v is wicking. Standard wire rips through so much juice so quickly that it overcomes the wicking. I prefer claptons because they hold onto juice for a bit longer. The smooth surface of a standard coil instantly scatters the juice and it starts getting real hot.

Large diameters do help with this. Anything bigger than 3mm will work... ...helps keep them from getting too hot to properly carry juice. I personally use a 9/64 bit and do 10 wraps, give or take. You're still going to need something with LOTS of airflow to make it work, though. Something like the Troll, Doge line, MX v4, Twisted Messes...

Sometimes, a smaller, higher powered coil wicks better. I find that the longer you need to have 8v going to a coil, the more likely it is to overheat. There's a point where you wind up with too much surface area generating too much heat and pulling up too much juice for too long. Honestly, even a lower-powered dual 26 or 28 still has a ton of surface area and kicks off a lot of heat, but it's a good deal easier to wick-up than the thicker wires that people use for clouds on other devices.

It's generally better to build something that heats up and cools down really quickly. It's always gonna have more power and surface area than its parallel or single battery counterpart, so don't worry about the vapor production as much as you do balancing everything out. The bigger challenge is building something that actually vapes. Rather than trying to "max out" everything, you have to tone things down.

And if it vapes on a series mod, then it probably chucks, too. Series is all about quick, full, and powerful drags. You would do well to build with this in mind. It's not always so much about cramming in enough surface area to handle the power.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yep, claptons all day in series. I do a dual 40/24 - 10 wraps @ 3mm. I like that a lot in the troll. Heats up really fast for how big it is. The flavor and vapor are immense.

You can do some crazy standards if you want something easy. Try a .4-.45 dual 24 or something, but beware of the wicked dry hit... ...the biggest problem with giving massive standard coils wrapped with thick wire 8v is wicking. Standard wire rips through so much juice so quickly that it overcomes the wicking. I prefer claptons because they hold on to juice for a bit longer. The smooth surface of a standard coil instantly scatters the juice and it starts getting real hot.

Large diameters do help with this. Anything bigger than 3mm will work... ...helps keep them from getting too hot to properly carry juice. I personally use a 9/64 bit and do 10 wraps, give or take. You're still going to need something with LOTS of airflow to make it work, though. Something like the Troll, Doge line, MX v4, Twisted Messes...

Sometimes, a smaller, higher powered coil wicks better. I find that the longer you need to have 8v going to a coil, the more likely it is to overheat. There's a point where you wind up with too much surface area generating too much heat and pulling up too much juice for too long. Honestly, even a lower-powered dual 26 or 28 still has a ton of surface area and kicks off a lot of heat, but it's a good deal easier to wick-up than the thicker wires that people use for clouds on other devices.

It's generally better to build something that heats up and cools down really quickly. It's always gonna have more power and surface area than its parallel or single battery counterpart, so don't worry about the vapor production as much as you do balancing everything out. The bigger challenge is building something that actually vapes. Rather than trying to "max out" everything, you have to tone things down.

And if it vapes on a series mod, then it probably chucks, too. Series is all about quick, full, and powerful drags. You would do well to build with this in mind. It's not always so much about cramming in enough surface area to handle the power.
As always a fine, lengthy reply that says everything anyone else would comment afterwards would have to say...thanks for making it so no one else could pitch in...again Rob

LOL Just giving you shit man :D:D:D

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As always a fine, lengthy reply that says everything anyone else would comment afterwards would have to say...thanks for making it so no one else could pitch in...again Rob

LOL Just giving you shit man :D:D:D
LMAO it's a hardwired feature. And hey, people can still chip in! I can only share everything that I can think of. There are always other ways, man!

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Claptons for series.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MonsterClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LMAO it's a hardwired feature. And hey, people can still chip in! I can only share everything that I can think of. There are always other ways, man!
do you know of any easy ways to build claptons? ive never made one yet.

do you know of any easy ways to build claptons? ive never made one yet.
you need a drill a fishing swivel and something to anchor the fishing swivel to, make sure the fishing swivel is a ball bearing otherwise it will seize up, You then want to take your 26 gauge wire (or whatever gauge you choose to be the core) and 32(or whatever you decide to Clapton it with) you then take the core attach it to the fishing swivel I usualy wrap it around the hook, then take your 32 and and 26 and put them in the chuck of the drill, slowly start the drill until the wire starts to screw around the core wire without and spaces once you have the angle and flow you can speed up the drill. Claptons take practice but once you get used to the flow you can blow through them with ease.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cleanest and clearest video using the Swivel Method:

VU Sponsors