Become a Patron!

Series box troubles

So I bought this series box and without my RDA it's right and is at about 8 volts and with my RDA it's at 5.2 volts my batteries are fully charged they're in the right way and my build is at .2 ohms idk what the problem is and why it's only at 5 volts can anybody help

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I bought this series box and without my RDA it's right and is at about 8 volts and with my RDA it's at 5.2 volts my batteries are fully charged they're in the right way and my build is at .2 ohms idk what the problem is and why it's only at 5 volts can anybody help

No lower than .2Ω for single tube mechs. No lower than .4Ω for series. Lower, your juice will taste like bottle rockets. If you keep vaping your series mod at .2Ω, a potential battery failure and/or vent will be in your future.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Anthonyb420 What kind of batteries are you using? Please say they are LG, Samsung, or Sony as anything else is crap. Here is the lowest resistances you can use per battery type on a series mod.

20A=0.42 Ohms Samsung 25R, LG HE4, Sony VTC5 or VTC6 the output is 170 Watts
25A=0.336 Ohms LG HD2C or HD4, Sony VTC5A the output is 200 Watts
30A=0.28 Ohms LG HB2, HB4, or HB6 these are the only 30A batteries made. the output is 250 Watts

These resistances are pushing the batteries at their maximum CDR (Constant Discharge Rate) with no head room. All of these are putting out high Watts. On my series mods I build at 0.5 to 0.6 ohms and use LG HD2C or Sony VTC5A batteries that are married. I still get a warm vape without stressing my batteries or worry about blowing off my face...

VU Sponsors