Become a Patron!

series squonk box mod

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will not let something out of the shop that I made if it is not proud to put my name on.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Interesting. What's all this?

Ck9hCJT.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
When you say "oak series," does that mean it's one of your oak mods that you make a lot of, or a series wired box? Looks to be parallel but I am not a mod maker
Screenshot_20180228-083318.png
You have to take the door off to squonk??? o_O

Last edited:

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say "oak series," does that mean it's one of your oak mods that you make a lot of, or a series wired box? Looks to be parallel but I am not a mod maker
View attachment 105454
You have to take the door off to squonk??? o_O

Peh leg,it is a solid oak box wired in series.
I did not want to cut a hope in the box and take away from the finish. Why is a hole needed? You don't need to squonk every pull.

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy chef, to use a switchfet in a hand made box I had to come up with a way to mount it and using hot glue on the wires to hold the fet in place works great. What I had an issue with is the wire is 3/8" to long so hot glued it in place. Yes it is sloppy.
Chef I found in previous mods I have made that if I flush mount the bf510 and seal it with anything but epoxy over time juice can soak into the wood plus the atomizer can scratch. I will be sure to put at least 25mm washers in the mods from now on.
I did not want to cut a hope in the box and take away from the finish. Why is a hole needed? You don't need to squonk every pull.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Chef I found in previous mods I have made that if I flush mount the bf510 and seal it with anything but epoxy over time juice can soak into the wood plus the atomizer can scratch. I will be sure to put at least 25mm washers in the mods from now on.
Yea we dont want no leak might make the marker run how bout u get some flex seal to make it not leak

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Instead of epoxy get some custom cotton that will soak the juice before it hits the wood (problem solved add 10 bucks to the price for pure customization)

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The challenge of making a mod out of a block of wood is there are no instructions. When using a job box or printed box someone has done most of the design for you.
I did not give myself that edge. I want to make things that are one of a kind. As with all things the more you do a thing the better you get.
I want to thank you all for your comments. With out feed back I will not know what works and what doesn't.

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of epoxy get some custom cotton that will soak the juice before it hits the wood (problem solved add 10 bucks to the price for pure customization)

The issue with that is you still have a wet situation. A good sealer does the job and sealing the 510 surface mount is less time.
Thanks for the suggestion.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56.99 presales up of Vandyvapes pulse bf regulated sqounker
April by looks of it
544aa31643949a2e18953b7012edf3f4.jpg
e0d8fad62e29da3046ebc326a36540a6.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors