Become a Patron!

Series VS. Parallel (Dual 20700)

So I'm building a dual 20700 mech mod with no capacitor (fully aware and know what I'm doing) but I'm still deciding whether or not I want series or parallel, this is going to specifically designed for cloud chasing. Series doubles the voltage therefore pumps more power through the coils and allow for faster ramp up times with high gage builds for massive vapor production combined with claptons is absurd, but a question comes into play. You effectively combine the amps of both batteries for a whopping 80 amps which can allow you to go all the way down to an astronomical .05 ohms safely without exceeding ohms law. So my question is do I go with parallel and go for super sub ohm builds, or go with series because of combined voltage. Any input on this discussion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all of your time.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd recommend building a para series if you want a cloud chasing Mod. Example with 30a batteries would give you 8v with close to 60a with a 4 battery mod. So you can have lots of wire mass with lots of power which would = major plumage. I have a Prophet 30mm triple coil with fused claptons and on my HOG I can chuck some truly obnoxious clouds. That setup I'm at 0.4Ω and it will stomp the shit out of any stupid low 0.05Ω build. So moral of the story is if ya want lots of plumage it's power + wire mass and to do it safe I say para series mods.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Series 20700 dual, my Cthulhu serial box and a single monster 5mm id .5 coil will crank out the fog using the Deathtrap 30mm.,,, :devil:

Silver79

Member For 4 Years
For me, Series no question.....very little to no ramp.

Here's my Quad 26650 and Triple 18650.....both straight series.

IMG_2079.JPG

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'd recommend building a para series if you want a cloud chasing Mod. Example with 30a batteries would give you 8v with close to 60a with a 4 battery mod. So you can have lots of wire mass with lots of power which would = major plumage. I have a Prophet 30mm triple coil with fused claptons and on my HOG I can chuck some truly obnoxious clouds. That setup I'm at 0.4Ω and it will stomp the shit out of any stupid low 0.05Ω build. So moral of the story is if ya want lots of plumage it's power + wire mass and to do it safe I say para series mods.

Second this. With a Hog V3 a roomy RDA, some creative wiring and strong batteries you can do the vape equivalent of rolling coal with almost no effort.

VU Sponsors