Become a Patron!

Serpent mini 25 vs griffin 25 plus

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
Hey guys
I had the griffin 22 for the last 2 months....I sold it because i didn't like its airflow and how the tanks gets hot sometimes...more over i want a tank that can be used with both single and dual coils
So some people suggested either serpent 25 or griffin 25 plus
Which one of those u guys think is better?

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Griffen 25 Plus and absolutely love the tank. I have the Serpent Mini 25 as well and it basically sits on the shelf.

I've used the Griffen in single coil mode with the ceramic block and works well. I mostly use it as Dual though. Have had it a couple weeks now and use it every single day. Amazing tank imo.

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
I have the Griffen 25 Plus and absolutely love the tank. I have the Serpent Mini 25 as well and it basically sits on the shelf.

I've used the Griffen in single coil mode with the ceramic block and works well. I mostly use it as Dual though. Have had it a couple weeks now and use it every single day. Amazing tank imo.
May u explain for me why u like the 25 plus more than serpent ?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Single coil only.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper
Ah OP is looking for a tank that does both.
maybe the merlin would be an option? outside of possible seeping issues lol.

I think the griffin 25 plus is a good option for him since it does both, doesn't leak or seep, geekvape makes good quality stuff and i really can't find anything bad on the tank. I haven't tried it in single coil mode though

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah OP is looking for a tank that does both.
maybe the merlin would be an option? outside of possible seeping issues lol.

I think the griffin 25 plus is a good option for him since it does both, doesn't leak or seep, geekvape makes good quality stuff and i really can't find anything bad on the tank. I haven't tried it in single coil mode though
Yep, that's why my original recco was the Merlin Mini. It does everything he wants it to do.

-William Cowper

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
I checked the merlin it's amazing
The only thing that bothers me is liquid capacity...whick makes me go to the 25 plus
And just to let u guys know...there is two versions of the serpent mini 22 and 25...the 22 have single coil only...the 25 has both single and dual deck

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I checked the merlin it's amazing
The only thing that bothers me is liquid capacity...whick makes me go to the 25 plus
And just to let u guys know...there is two versions of the serpent mini 22 and 25...the 22 have single coil only...the 25 has both single and dual deck
If you use it in single coil mode it really isn't an issue. In dual coil mode it's a thirsty tank.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Another tank I want to throw out there as an FYI is the Ijoy EXO RTA
Now i haven't used one yet at all so I'm not per se recommending it but it does have some cool features worth looking at
1) separate single coil and dual coil decks (dual coil is velocity style, single coil is ammit style)
2) 2ml and 6ml capacities

So you can have 4 combos in regards to coil set up and juice capacity depending on what you want to use it for

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May u explain for me why u like the 25 plus more than serpent ?

Single coil mode is pretty good though. Takes a little bit to wick the Serpent the best way. Kinda got tired of the dry hits. Whenever I finally got the right flavour the tank would leak. Just wicking it wrong.

As for the Griffen I have used it in single coil and obviously dual. The Griffen does a great job with the ceramic block in place. No leaking or anything. I just like Dual better especially in Temp Control with SS316. Asethically the Griffen also looks better imo. I can chain vape in the Griffen without a single dry hit. I just love the look of the tank, how it performs in both single and dual and how easy it is to wick. Simply love the tank.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want a tank for both single and dual coils then the merlin mini and serpent mini would be a waste unless you enjoy refilling them as much as you do vaping them with duals. Griffin 25 plus is solid.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now i haven't used one yet at all so I'm not per se recommending it but it does have some cool features worth looking at
1) separate single coil and dual coil decks (dual coil is velocity style, single coil is ammit style)

So you can have 4 combos in regards to coil set up and juice capacity depending on what you want to use it for

I am really enjoying the Exo RTA...so much so I am going to order another. Haven't built the single deck yet...Have a pair of 26x2x34 3mm 8 Wrap SS316L Fused Claptons vaping away at 40w and its really nice...Air Flow is perfect imo, doesn't need burping, wicks great (rayon) and flavor is really good, and it has a trivial amount of AFC splatter...and I do mean trivial amount.

Only things I don't like which is minor...is the drip tip and the JFC doesn't have a stop or lock point. Doesn't move about, but a stop point on it would probably make it perfect... for when you go to put the barrel on, would give you just a little torque.

I honestly would trade my aromamizers 2 to 1 for an EXO RTA any day.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love my Serpent Mini 25 I've only used the single coil deck wicked with rayon & the flavor is awesome! 3.5ml capacity, does come with the dual coil deck. I don't have a Griffin 25 plus, but have the Griffin 22 & Griffin 25 mini but haven't used it yet.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am really enjoying the Exo RTA...so much so I am going to order another. Haven't built the single deck yet...Have a pair of 26x2x34 3mm 8 Wrap SS316L Fused Claptons vaping away at 40w and its really nice...Air Flow is perfect imo, doesn't need burping, wicks great (rayon) and flavor is really good, and it has a trivial amount of AFC splatter...and I do mean trivial amount.

Only things I don't like which is minor...is the drip tip and the JFC doesn't have a stop or lock point. Doesn't move about, but a stop point on it would probably make it perfect... for when you go to put the barrel on, would give you just a little torque.

well now you are making me excited to get one lol I have one on the way

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years

Seems like its a great tank
I will check it out too

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
If you want a tank for both single and dual coils then the merlin mini and serpent mini would be a waste unless you enjoy refilling them as much as you do vaping them with duals. Griffin 25 plus is solid.
Why the merlin mini will be a waste ?
It has both single and dual coil decks

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years

I think i will but that guy !!!

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
I love my Serpent Mini 25 I've only used the single coil deck wicked with rayon & the flavor is awesome! 3.5ml capacity, does come with the dual coil deck. I don't have a Griffin 25 plus, but have the Griffin 22 & Griffin 25 mini but haven't used it yet.
I am now a little bit confused
Dunno what to buy....cant decide between merlin mini and exo rta

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
Guys it seems like i am buying either merlin mini or ijoy exo rta.....i had griffin before so i'd give another tank a try
Will check which one is available and buy it

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Guys it seems like i am buying either merlin mini or ijoy exo rta.....i had griffin before so i'd give another tank a try
Will check which one is available and buy it
If juice capacity is an issue get the EXO. If you're going to be in single coil mode mostly juice capacity won't be an issue with the Merlin Mini. I highly recommend the Merlin Mini but tbh I don't have an EXO.

-William Cowper

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
If juice capacity is an issue get the EXO. If you're going to be in single coil mode mostly juice capacity won't be an issue with the Merlin Mini. I highly recommend the Merlin Mini but tbh I don't have an EXO.

-William Cowper
I called the 2 stores in town and no one of them have exo
So i will buy merlin mini tomorrow

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
NO NO NO

You're doing this all wrong. Get 1 of each and just enjoy! It's gonna be less than $100.

For me tanks are more important than mods in creating the ideal vaping experience.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
It's a great choice. Let me know if you need any help after you purchase it.

-William Cowper

Dude,i bought the merlin mini few hours ago and i am loving it
I used the dual coil deck for my first build and she is good and not using much juice as i thought
I kept it simple ...made two kanthal coils gave me 0.2 ohms
The only thing that kinda bothers me is that the drip tip sometimes gets hot so i'd need to buy another long,more heat resistant driptip

VU Sponsors