Become a Patron!

Serpent Mini 25

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello!
I got a serpent mini 25 RDA. I wicked it and everything its pretty good. But i got one problem when i do a refill it always leak a little bit. But when vaping it or i leave it for a day it doesnt. I also close the airflow valve when refilling but it steal leaks a couple of drops. What might be the problem?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello!
I got a serpent mini 25 RDA. I wicked it and everything its pretty good. But i got one problem when i do a refill it always leak a little bit. But when vaping it or i leave it for a day it doesnt. I also close the airflow valve when refilling but it steal leaks a couple of drops. What might be the problem?
No problem it’s a vacuum issue. The Serpent Mini 25 is one of my most used atties.
Just do the burping technique.
1) close airflow
2) fill
3) put top cap back on
4) flip upside down, let E-Liquid flow to bottom (which is actually the top)
5) open airflow
6) flip back upright

Works like a charm ;) with all atties without juice flow control.

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No problem it’s a vacuum issue. The Serpent Mini 25 is one of my most used atties.
Just do the burping technique.
1) close airflow
2) fill
3) put top cap back on
4) flip upside down, let E-Liquid flow to bottom (which is actually the top)
5) open airflow
6) flip back upright

Works like a charm ;) with all atties without juice flow control.
Then it comes out on the drip tip. I really enjoy the tank no dry hits not leaks on when refilling. but this bothers me. maybe my technique of wicking is the problem? I use Geekvape cotton and i use the scottish rolling technique

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just prefer bottom fill.
Doesnt solve my problem. I cant go to a vape store in my country. we have regualted tobaco shops owned by the government and they charge a lot and the best thing u can get is a EGO AIO. so i have to order from china or someplace else

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesnt solve my problem. I cant go to a vape store in my country. we have regualted tobaco shops owned by the government and they charge a lot and the best thing u can get is a EGO AIO. so i have to order from china or someplace else

I just use the 22mm original Serpent RTA. It has juice control as all top fills should and never leaks when I top fill.
the other atty I use is a Kanger Subtank Mini with the RBA. Bottom fill and never a dribble unless maybe you use factory coils instead of the RBA.
I gave all my other types of tanks away.

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just use the 22mm original Serpent RTA. It has juice control as all top fills should and never leaks when I top fill.
the other atty I use is a Kanger Subtank Mini with the RBA. Bottom fill and never a dribble unless maybe you use factory coils instead of the RBA.
I gave all my other types of tanks away.
Correct me if im wrong but i owned a serpent 22 and it does not have a juice control for real.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct me if im wrong but i owned a serpent 22 and it does not have a juice control for real.
Sorry but you are wrong.
the original 22mm Serpent RTA most definitely has JFC.
Vaping on one right now in My Kato clone mod.

Only fault I see with the Serpent is that it does not have replaceable glass.

SAM_0264.JPG

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry but you are wrong.
the original 22mm Serpent RTA most definitely has JFC.
Vaping on one right now in My Kato clone mod.

Only fault I see with the Serpent is that it does not have replaceable glass.

View attachment 99327
serpent-01_1.jpg

I was talking about this.
authentic-wotofo-serpent-mini-25-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-45ml-25mm-diameter.jpg

and this is the one i have the problems with.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
serpent-01_1.jpg

authentic-wotofo-serpent-mini-25-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-45ml-25mm-diameter.jpg

K, Serpent Mini 22 there, then yours the 25 -

I have the 22 and it's the same pretty much as yours - fill it fast, then start putting the top cap on and turn it upside down right before the last turn. Get a q tip or paper towel or something if it leaks...it's a great atomizer except for that

You could also try a little more cotton, or making sure to vape it dry before refilling

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
serpent-01_1.jpg

Ahh that is that dual coil that I am not sure why they called it a serpent since Serpents are supposed to be single coils.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh that is that dual coil that I am not sure why they called it a serpent since Serpents are supposed to be single coils.
You were talking about the Serpent -

The Serpent Mini came next, and then the Serpent Mini 25, which has swappable decks. It has that dual coil one as well as one that looks similar to the single coil deck in the Serpent Mini. Not the Serpent, like yours, the Serpent Mini.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You were talking about the Serpent -

The Serpent Mini came next, and then the Serpent Mini 25, which has swappable decks. It has that dual coil one as well as one that looks similar to the single coil deck in the Serpent Mini. Not the Serpent, like yours, the Serpent Mini.
Yep as far as I know the original Serpent was the only one with JFC.
Actually I have no issues with it dribbling when top filling even if I do not close the AFC or the JFC.
The dribbling issues seems to be worse on attys over 22mm in diameter.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't get any dribbling from my Serpent Mini, but since the 25 mm version has larger capacity and larger wick holes, I can see why it would flood. The upside down thing usually helps though

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was tempted to get a mini but it was over 22mm...
did get a Serpent RDTA and it works nice.
it is 22mm.
I am a bit of a 22mm luddite :)

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't get any dribbling from my Serpent Mini, but since the 25 mm version has larger capacity and larger wick holes, I can see why it would flood. The upside down thing usually helps though
Sadly it doesnt. At least for me can you post a pic of the wicking?

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was tempted to get a mini but it was over 22mm...
did get a Serpent RDTA and it works nice.
it is 22mm.
I am a bit of a 22mm luddite :)
There is a serpent mini 22. And its single coil. The 25 has changeable decks. I only use single coils cos i dont like big mods. But i am not that good when it comes to wicking apperantely

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a serpent mini 22. And its single coil. The 25 has changeable decks. I only use single coils cos i dont like big mods. But i am not that good when it comes to wicking apperantely
is that the one that had the airflow out the bottom?
Or was that the Goblin mini?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fluff the cotton upwards some, then cut it - wet it, then just keep it out of the threads and make a wall between the juice hole and the deck

IMG_20171224_204954_crop_604x604.jpg IMG_20171224_205052_crop_604x604.jpg IMG_20171224_205242_crop_604x604.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171224_205251_crop_604x604.jpg
    IMG_20171224_205251_crop_604x604.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmm not sure why I did not get the Serpent 22 mini then...
Probably good that you didn't, only 2.5mL capacity though refilling is very convenient, but the paint on the black one...as you can see... *Face palm*

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably good that you didn't, only 2.5mL capacity though refilling is very convenient, but the paint on the black one...as you can see... *Face palm*
I virtually never buy any colored attys.
All just SS.
I think I have 3 RDA's that are colored because of too good of a deal to pass up. One was given to me.

All of my tanks are SS.

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And does that work? If it doesn't, and it leaks, make the wick shorter and wider, maybe just long enough for some to go into the top of the juice hole, but spread it out wider, make a wall
why would it help if i make it shorter? just out of curiosity since it wicks good and doesnt leak just by itself.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The wider part is most important, it will keep liquid from going up past the sides of your narrow wick and into the air hole when you refill

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The wider part is most important, it will keep liquid from going up past the sides of your narrow wick and into the air hole when you refill
i trimmed it so i wouldnt get dry hits. my bad

VU Sponsors