Become a Patron!

Serpent mini 25mm builds

DREADnHEAD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I went from a herekles plus to a goon RDA, and never was able to go back. The flavor i was getting from my kanthal alien build, around .34 was undeniable. I ended up getting the serpent mini, because I needed a tank for accessibility. I've messed with a lot of builds in this, but my aliens were not as good. I've gone to a simple ss316l parallel Clapton build; and the flavor is amazing. I vape around 65-75 watts. I've also messed around with wicking this serpent mini, and I've found that the less cotton the better. I've got my claptons around a 3mm screwdriver, about 6.5 times. They come to about .3 ohms. If anyone is running there serpent mini 25mm at around 70watts, and think they have awesome flavor. Let me know your build, and wicking style.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure if you're going to get much better flavor out of anything over a parallel Clapton bud, heh. I too rock parallel claptons in most of my rebuildables (1x fused 2x26/36 kanthal, 1x single core 26/36 ni80), 6.5 wraps also, but usually around a 2.5mm, and single coil . Ohms out at 0.3 ohms and I vape it at 66.6W. The single core ni80 wire heats up faster than the 2x core fused A1, providing a much needed staged heating effect, greatly reducing the decently long ramp up time. I've tred many setups, and for flavor chasing with good clouds, this is my favorite by far. I don't have the atty you're referring to, but I csn say parallel claptons have been end game for me in many of my attys. The only thing that chucks more flavor is staggered staple, which unfortunately I cannot build myself , so I can't vape them on the regular :/ if you can get your hands on a staggered staple, and it fits in your serpent mini 25 , give it a shot ! Cheers!

DREADnHEAD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure if you're going to get much better flavor out of anything over a parallel Clapton bud, heh. I too rock parallel claptons in most of my rebuildables (1x fused 2x26/36 kanthal, 1x single core 26/36 ni80), 6.5 wraps also, but usually around a 2.5mm, and single coil . Ohms out at 0.3 ohms and I vape it at 66.6W. The single core ni80 wire heats up faster than the 2x core fused A1, providing a much needed staged heating effect, greatly reducing the decently long ramp up time. I've tred many setups, and for flavor chasing with good clouds, this is my favorite by far. I don't have the atty you're referring to, but I csn say parallel claptons have been end game for me in many of my attys. The only thing that chucks more flavor is staggered staple, which unfortunately I cannot build myself , so I can't vape them on the regular :/ if you can get your hands on a staggered staple, and it fits in your serpent mini 25 , give it a shot ! Cheers!

Well for me it was my alien coil that was end game for flavor. But it just doesn't cut it in this atty, but I do build my own coils; so a staggered clapton is something I can try in this. If I could fit my 6 wrap alien in this atty, damn near anything will fit. I will say though I just started using ss316l over kanthal and haven't done a staggered in ss yet. It's very pliable, so it shouldn't be bad. I'll try it, and let you know how it pans out.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well for me it was my alien coil that was end game for flavor. But it just doesn't cut it in this atty, but I do build my own coils; so a staggered clapton is something I can try in this. If I could fit my 6 wrap alien in this atty, damn near anything will fit. I will say though I just started using ss316l over kanthal and haven't done a staggered in ss yet. It's very pliable, so it shouldn't be bad. I'll try it, and let you know how it pans out.

Ss316l is better than kanthal most of the time imo too. And a parallEl Clapton , a fused and a normal clapton , can outperform aliens in terms of flavor, from my experience at least. But it's damn close. I'm really just wondering why aliens don't perform for you in this atty....the atty should not matter when it comes to aliens, or any coil for that matter ....aliens should provide sick flavor in any atty ....

DREADnHEAD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ss316l is better than kanthal most of the time imo too. And a parallEl Clapton , a fused and a normal clapton , can outperform aliens in terms of flavor, from my experience at least. But it's damn close. I'm really just wondering why aliens don't perform for you in this atty....the atty should not matter when it comes to aliens, or any coil for that matter ....aliens should provide sick flavor in any atty ....

Idk, maybe the size of the chamber is playing a role; or maybe just the wicking. I never used RTA before now, it was just a dripper, so maybe my wicking isn't picking up enoigh juice.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Idk, maybe the size of the chamber is playing a role; or maybe just the wicking. I never used RTA before now, it was just a dripper, so maybe my wicking isn't picking up enoigh juice.
It was probably just the wicking. Wicking plays a KEY role in how well an atty performs. Too tight, and you will get dry hits....too loose, and you'll get spitback...Basically my rule of thumb is to have just enough tension while pulling the wick through, so that you feel resistance, but not so much resistance that your coil moves while pulling the wick through. A trick I have found that works well also, is that while you are pulling the wick through, if it feels too tight, simply stretch the wick by pulling the ends of the wick away from each other, thereby stretching it out, and thinning it ever so slightly. Good luck to you mate. CHEERS!

VU Sponsors