Become a Patron!

Serpent Mini Losing Flavor

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Somehow my serpent mini is losing flavor. I have to idea what's happening. I build the same with the same wicking and now all I get is so-so flavor. Or is vapor's tongue setting in?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was outside yesterday in extreme heat with the serpent mini and noticed it seemed much less flavorful. When I got back in the cool a/c, everything seemed normal.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was outside yesterday in extreme heat with the serpent mini and noticed it seemed much less flavorful. When I got back in the cool a/c, everything seemed normal.
This is VERY true, at least for me....I have noticed that when in the heat, in the car , or just vaping outside when its really hot, that the flavor is muted in my tanks, I don't have my serpent mini's yet....but it happens in my other tanks.

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is VERY true, at least for me....I have noticed that when in the heat, in the car , or just vaping outside when its really hot, that the flavor is muted in my tanks, I don't have my serpent mini's yet....but it happens in my other tanks.
Well where I'm from it's always 30+C and I doubt it's the ambient temp as I used to get good flavour before. It's baffling me to no end.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
same eliquid flavor or different ones... try changing up the ejuice

thinking 'tongue' as was mentioned

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Somehow my serpent mini is losing flavor. I have to idea what's happening. I build the same with the same wicking and now all I get is so-so flavor. Or is vapor's tongue setting in?
Lol. It is probably you, not the Serpent. Try different flavor and you should be good for a period of time. I am addicted to flavors that I make so I Vape same one until "the tongue " kicks in. Usually 4-5 days then I have to switch to the next one. It would be good if you do your own so you can have 10-15 flavors in rotation.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Agree. It I seem that flavor is more pronounced in cold environment and gets proportionally more muted as heat goes up. Probably has something to do with condensing properties of the Vapor that we inhale. Didn't look into it yet, now I am intrigued to do it.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree. It I seem that flavor is more pronounced in cold environment and gets proportionally more muted as heat goes up. Probably has something to do with condensing properties of the Vapor that we inhale. Didn't look into it yet, now I am intrigued to do it.

Atmospheric pressure/density drops as the temp rises. Warmer air is thinner.
This is critical to pilots, but I don't know if the differential is enough to affect a vape.

Hasn't been warm enough around here for me to notice. ;)

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Atmospheric pressure/density drops as the temp rises. Warmer air is thinner.
This is critical to pilots, but I don't know if the differential is enough to affect a vape.

Hasn't been warm enough around here for me to notice. ;)
Thank you for educated scientific reply. That makes a lot of sense. You are probably somewhere far north. I am on 9000 feet in Colorado and it is getting hot here during the day.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for educated scientific reply. That makes a lot of sense. You are probably somewhere far north. I am on 9000 feet in Colorado and it is getting hot here during the day.

Sothern coastal Oregon... it drizzles as many days as not.

For you, the lower pressure at altitude has a greater effect... thus the lower boiling point of your cooking water. Even at 9000 ft.

But...

Agree. It I seem that flavor is more pronounced in cold environment and gets proportionally more muted as heat goes up. Probably has something to do with condensing properties of the Vapor

Variables don't live in a vacuum (no pun intended) and here you've presented another.

How they combine and influence each other though and which, or something else, is more important to us, as usual... I got nothin'. :p

VU Sponsors