Become a Patron!

Setting up TC on VooPoo Drag

Catbug1337

Member For 1 Year
Hi all!

I really want to just get my TC set so it's nice and hot but won't ever burn my cotton... I did a dry burn and it didn't really burn the dry cotton at 420f, very slightly brown after a 5 second fire. so I rewicked and it's the weakest vape ever at 420f... I figure you don't wanna go any higher than that as it can technically burn the cotton if you run it dry? (I know you've gotta be stupid to fully dry burn a dripper but still... it's what tc is for!)

My current setup: Drag with a Goon RDA, and before I spend any more money on wire it's Ni200 26ga built as single spaced coil 0.12ohm, 3mm diameter with the TCR set at 6500 and ramp up at 80w

I'm using the drag conversion chart that's flying around to set the TCR https://imgur.com/a/punZw

I do normally vape on unregulated or just watts mode so I don't mind checking all the time but I like the idea of the mod doing that job for me...

I'm not far off just packing in trying and just going back to watts mode with dual parallel builds.

Any tips? What am I doing wrong or not understanding? Should I change the build? The TCR? The temp? The ramp up watts?

Thanks in advance!

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When my tanks run dry, TC prevents it from firing strong enough to vape. No burned hit/coil/cotton.
Turn the temp up to get whatever vapor you like.
I'd also just get some SS in some flavor, I use SS430, but that's what I like. Others seem to be happy with 316(L).
You say you dry burned the coil. If it is Ni or Ti, don't.

Catbug1337

Member For 1 Year
When my tanks run dry, TC prevents it from firing strong enough to vape. No burned hit/coil/cotton.
Turn the temp up to get whatever vapor you like.
I'd also just get some SS in some flavor, I use SS430, but that's what I like. Others seem to be happy with 316(L).
You say you dry burned the coil. If it is Ni or Ti, don't.

When I say dry burn, I mean I put cotton in to see if it would burn the cotton in tc mode... but yeah thanks a lot. I'll just leave it as it is and turn up the temp and trust the mod to do the work!

On one build I'm running it at 600f... obviously it's not 600f but the mod thinks it is.

VU Sponsors