Become a Patron!

Settings for my single coil

Hey fellow vapors. I have been vaping for a while now but I've recently got into dripping. I have such bad ocd that my coils have to be perfect and look the same. Well on my last build they don't book perfect one looks prime and the other looks like shit. So I want to just take the bad one off and run a single coil until I do my next build. Im just not sure what Watts would be good to run. I got this new maple candy juice but can't tell if its the taste or if my coils are bad even tho I just put them in. So I run my mod at 60 with dual coils what would u guys recommend for a single coil

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Being half the coils in the RDA, I'd half the watts, so about 30watts or so. Though I'd start lower at 20 to 25watts and gradually work up toward that 30watts to figure the sweet spot for flavor. Maple candy flavored juice, hmm, don't know how that would translate well with vaping, could be good but also I lean toward it will taste very very bad without dialing the watts and/or TC perfectly and would take time to dial it in gradually and slowly as it might need very high watts to have any pizzaz like a sweet cinnamon roll flavored juice, also it might be a coil gunker.

This is for pre-made coil heads but still applies to rebuildables as well-
1) Prime the new coil head, this applies every time you change a coil - Most wicking is made of organic cotton, so any exposed white areas liberally soak it up with juice, sides and down the top of the coil barrel, key here is don't get it to saturated that it puddles up and stays that way or it starts to drip juice off itself
2) Assemble and fill the tank, let it set for a few, very thin liquids this can be 5 to 10 minutes, you listed you are using a thicker 20pg/80vg liquid, so 15 to 20minutes for thicker liquids, do several non-powered (do not press the fire button) puffs, this should finish saturating the wicking as well as create the proper vacuum needed for the tank to operated and alleviate any excess pressure assembling the tank cause to keep things from flooding.
3) Set the watts on you mod (battery/power device) down low, example the coil head rating is say 45 to 85watts rated operating range, here I'd set the watts to about 30 to 35 watts, below the lowest rating, then in short 4 to 5 second puffs begin vaping
4) After 15 to 20 minutes of continuous use, you can begin to start increasing the watts and increasing your draw/puff time in steps, say 5 watt and 1 to 2 second intervals longer, and vape at this level again for about 10 to 15minutes of continuous usage, rinse and repeat this phase until flavor just pops and sets into nirvana level, the coil is the motor of the whole vaping device, just like a new car you have to break it in gently and gradually
5) Caveats and cautions when in step 4, the moment flavor decreases to less than before, or starts to feel anemic and like it is dry after a few hits at a new watt setting, back the watts down to the previous setting, this will be the sweet spot for that coil, the juice thickness, and juice flavor, the dry weak flavor is meaning the wicking isn't really keeping up with that watt setting. Bad situation, if you get a harsh, burning feeling hit or it literally feels like you took a hit off a piece of charcoal, *Red X and Buzzer Sound*, take the coil out and toss it, return to step 1, you've burned and scorched the wicking of the coil and ruined it, don't pass go or collect $200.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just like any coil, you don't worry about your watts. Start low, increase power until you get the vape you like. Never mind how much power you can pump into a coil.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey fellow vapors. I have been vaping for a while now but I've recently got into dripping. I have such bad ocd that my coils have to be perfect and look the same. Well on my last build they don't book perfect one looks prime and the other looks like shit. So I want to just take the bad one off and run a single coil until I do my next build. Im just not sure what Watts would be good to run. I got this new maple candy juice but can't tell if its the taste or if my coils are bad even tho I just put them in. So I run my mod at 60 with dual coils what would u guys recommend for a single coil
Describe the planed coil..... Fact Is the amount of metal used for the build and type of wire determines wattage needs NOT number of coils.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors