Become a Patron!

SETTLE AN ARGUMENT PLEASE

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SO, my workout shorts come out of the dryer and the strings are twisted to the point of being ruined. I mean a tight tight twisting.

I say the spindle in the washer did it.

My GF says it happened in the dryer.

Who is right?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both. If you had never washed them, this wouldn't have happened.

Seriously, though, it's more likely that the string was caught in the dryer door than it is the a reciprocating spindle created the twist you're describing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both. If you had never washed them, this wouldn't have happened.

Seriously, though, it's more likely that the string was caught in the dryer door than it is the a reciprocating spindle created the twist you're describing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Assume it was not caught in the dryer door which it was not...

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anything is possible. I have had socks disappear without a trace. I cannot figure out if its the washing machine or dryer. I'll never know.

Back on topic: It was probably both. Your both right or wrong...:)

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well... As someone who has twisted strings quite often... I say the dryer as my strings are only a teeny bit twisted coming out of the washer. ;)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BOTH... BUT in this case the dryer..... If it had been the washer you would have had to untangle it from the agitator....

It can happen in both machines. Wife is Chef... apron ties get snagged by the agitator all the time.... tangle city. Have also had shorts strings get caught also. have even had to REMOVE the agitator to detangle clothing.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BOTH... BUT in this case the dryer..... If it had been the washer you would have had to untangle it from the agitator....

It can happen in both machines. Wife is Chef... apron ties get snagged by the agitator all the time.... tangle city. Have also had shorts strings get caught also. have even had to REMOVE the agitator to detangle clothing.
That damn agitator!!! That is why I love my mama's washer! No agitator!!! :bliss:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Front loader I will agree. But never seen a top loader without one that could clean worth shit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I have no Idea what make and model my mom's is but if it didn't do it's job by the first wash.... She would've raised hell with whoever she purchased it from :D My mama has undiagnosed OCD. Very serious about clean... everything!!! Made my life hell growing up. :teehee:

VU Sponsors