Become a Patron!

SF ejuice flavor ban

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No more flavored ejuice in San Francisco, CA next year. The board of supervisors met and voted unanimously to ban all flavored tobacco products including ejuice. The ban is scheduled to take effect next year in April. It includes menthol cigarettes, flavored chewing tobacco and flavored ejuice. People can still legally use it but the sale of flavored tobacco products will be illegal in SF.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article157258414.html

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it's a pain but can you not order from outside of San Francisco? To some extent I know how your feeling although nothing has been banned here ( just things altered a lot) there is not really any were to buy decent tanks rta and rdta's from here. The tpd are taking there time in prosessing applications for compliant tanks ect but it feels like they trying to make us all give up in the time there is nothing to buy so we are forced to purchase from abroad in the hope we achilly get our parcels and they not being confiscated. Or maybe you could go one better and save some money and diy your juice. I have a freezer full of 72mg nicotine because now you can't buy more then 10ml bottles at 20mg max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there any method that the other 49 states can use to vote California out of the republic? As time goes on, that state gets deeper and deeper into the liberal hellhole. It's time we cast out the demons.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I know residents can still do diy from things they ordered, they can still order online or buy from another town. They've just made it illegal to sell flavored tobacco products (ejuice) in the city limits. It doesn't go so far as to ban vaping entirely for the city but as for local vape shops in San Francisco, going by yelp I count at least 47-48 vape/smoke shops within city limits. It pretty well sent those all tits up with the new regulations. Unless a shop thinks they can stay open purely for hardware sales.

I'd imagine juice is a big seller and if nothing else part of what attracts people in. Not everyone goes into a vape shop looking to make a huge purchase. They go in to look around, maybe they try a juice or see a flavor that looks interesting, now they're looking around. That leads to a mod sale or atomizer purchase like most other lead-in type goods.

What I see being problematic is monkey see, monkey do. One place starts doing it and others tend to follow. The sugary drink tax (on things like soda, sports drinks etc) started in Berkeley, CA. It didn't take long for it to spread to Philadelphia and now 7 major cities and 1 county (Cook county, Chicago) in the U.S have sugary drink taxes in place. It sets a precedent and not a good one. The FDA deeming regs are bad enough as they stand on the federal level and why so many people like CASAA are fighting so hard against it. This idiot move by SF just took the FDA regs and boosted them on steroids.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Obviously it's been considered for more than a few days so in that sense it's not 'brand new' but first SF employs a city wide flavor ban. New Jersey's process may be a bit more complex but it's a state wide flavor ban. Being statewide it requires the state assembly and senate as well as the governor's signature to pass while the city ban SF imposed only required the board of supervisors to vote.

The NJ flavor ban proposes to ban all flavors for ejuice that aren't tobacco, menthol or clove. A little more lenient than SF since it at least allows a couple of flavors, would still impact a LOT of vapers who choose non tobacco flavors and a bit worse since it's statewide, not just affecting one city.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_9f8b451b-9773-5c4a-803c-a62a25433511.html

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd imagine juice is a big seller and if nothing else part of what attracts people in.

Exactly right!

Without going into a vape shop looking for juice, I would never have known the "Buck Naked" vape pen I was using wasn't a high end device. In the little town where I live, the closest thing we have is the tobacco store run by people that neither smoke nor vape. Anything vape related they have is added as an afterthought, and only because some salesman told them "Hey, you need to be selling some of these electronic cigarettes!"

They happened to be out of the juice I was buying and I stumbled into a "real" vape shop and discovered a whole new world, and I imagine a similar thing has happened for a lot of people.

If a vape store can't sell juice, I can't see 'em staying in business long.

I do wonder though if they would be able to sell the individual ingredients for DIY juice - minus the nicotene which can be bought relatively cheap in CA? Just a thought.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No more flavored ejuice in San Francisco, CA next year. The board of supervisors met and voted unanimously to ban all flavored tobacco products including ejuice. The ban is scheduled to take effect next year in April. It includes menthol cigarettes, flavored chewing tobacco and flavored ejuice. People can still legally use it but the sale of flavored tobacco products will be illegal in SF.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article157258414.html
Only option will be diy , this is why most , average and active vapers have been slowly stock piling nicotine ,then Flavour concentrate and vape equipment mods tanks Rebuilables of all kinds and batteries for the long haul ,
That way your free to do as you please ,
Just think of it this way prohibition didnt work for alcohol people just found other sources
Drugs are banned but there's a massive under ground market ,well not so under ground there easily accessible.
So i think vaping will still be around even if a full nation wide or countless countries ban them , Im importing in to UK mods tanks Rebuilables batteries and they just say metal tubing on custom forns and still arrive after 1 month of TDP Regulations i expect they will start checking sooner or later but out government are more concerned with a Brexit than Vaping since its an EU Regulations and within 2 years we wont be in EU any more , we will need all the jobs business and such in coming years ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I myself have been buying in many items try them if i like them buying extra orings , glass ect and if i really like them Usual end up buying 2 and stash one away for incase i lose or damage it , ive been doing this for several months now , 5 liter nicotine frozen , and about 1500£ worth of concentrate Flavours pg Vg ect and reducrd from over 65 tanks down to 30 , only keeping the ones i really like funds from sales go towards the bext new items ect until its eventually stopped , id say im set now bit as long as some new items still come out I will still try them to see if i like , kept mainly single coil rta,s , for simplicity every thing i own is Rebuilables , slowly stocking up on mech mods too since little to go wrong no expensive chips to replace ,
But will also probably buy a few dna 75w 75C and 250w boards /chips just for spares when i have spare funds.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next is a second Skyline RTA single coil clone looks to be as good as original authentic and 90% cheaper

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Next is a second Skyline RTA single coil clone looks to be as good as original authentic and 90% cheaper

I really like the looks of that rta. I notice 3FVape has them in stainless for $23 US. There's no way I'm paying 185€ or $206 for the authentic, but I could see $23. :)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like it ,
b595bfd18249786bd57e4e854d933b01.jpg
60bffd72c312b6608f980dc92fac6ca1.jpg

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is really upsetting. SF is a great city, but I wouldn't live there. I live in San Jose, about 40 minutes away. I was in SF the other day and luckily I remembered that I couldn't walk around with a pocket knife, so I left it in the car. The cigarette smoking laws are extreme and now there won't be many, if any, vape shops. Thankfully my favorite b&m is in Santa Cruz.

I'm just now learning about vape activism. You can bet I'll be getting involved.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@benley73 What's with all the bits and bobs? Airflow options?

@strigamort Yea it's nuts. I grew up in the bay area, went back a couple years ago and a lot has changed. I've got family in SJ and near Santa Cruz in the mountains there near Los Gatos. The cost of things is ridiculous, regulations are nuts. None of my family could run their fireplaces because of no burn days. The first trip to the grocery store I wasn't aware of the bagging situation, ended up carrying crap out in my arms like I just robbed the place. Went to make french toast so headed to the store to pick up a loaf of 'texas toast'. Not sure if it's rare around there or what, it's just slightly thicker slices of bread. Finally by the 4th store I found a place that carried it and it was like $6 or $7 something for a friggin loaf of bread. Same stuff in the midwest costs like $2-3.

I feel bad for vapers if they're treated like smokers. The last trip I made out I was still smoking, hadn't started vaping yet. What a nightmare. I got yelled at on a dock in SF for smoking, literally walking on water soaked decking with water all around me. Some little johnny on the spot opie came running toward me. He goes hey, no smoking. It was just me and my dad standing there watching some boats in the distance, checking out the Oracle catamaran. I go 'ok, but you know - if they'd stop dumping oil in the ocean it wouldn't be such a fire risk'. Don't think he appreciated my sense of humor.

Down at the beach in Santa Cruz a cop gave me dirty looks. My cousin didn't smoke and being respectful I didn't smoke in the car the whole way there from SJ. (Could have used one trying to get up the hill in a 3cyl car). So I waited til we got to the beach by the boardwalk. The warning signs at the beach were ridiculous. As a kid my parents and I used to go there, hang out, take a small grill on the beach and cook hotdogs. Pfft, now there's no cooking, no food, no pets, no smoking, no skateboards, no rollerskates, no.. like hell man, just put out a sign that says 'beach closed, fuck off'. It would have fit on a smaller sign and saved them money. I guess outdoor smoking (and vaping?) is illegal in Santa Cruz per some ordinance, at least near the boardwalk and beach including the frontage road there by the boardwalk. I didn't see the sign until I was about to leave. Not my fault really, it was a tiny sign posted like 8-9ft high on a light post. I'm a fair bit shorter than 6ft, shit wasn't in my line of sight. haha.

Here in the midwest a lot of people carry knives either pocket or on their belt. Quite a few have c&c and carry a sidearm. You can bbq anytime you want, water plants without the eco nazi's threatening to flog you in the town square. Being in a more rural area you can shoot any time you want on your property. California's got some beautiful places, the bay, the beaches, the redwoods and mountains. I sure don't miss the rules and regs though, it's like living in a prisoner camp. Too uptight for me.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There inserts for central airflow you get a little tool to help remove and replace them ,
There just to make the tank more vercitile it can be an open Airflow draw or a very restricted MTL draw , doubt all will be used but good to have the options to find which works best for each user some like very restricted some like less so mainly to cater for everyone's needs i think ,
And probably stop you needing a few different tanks ,
Options are good

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one on 3f has the branding too they just replied and confirmed it

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can see using an airdisks under cpil it's an open one , it can be run without them also
1de446f7a2f82d8a6d0a4bbb7c9790f7.jpg

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@strigamort Yea it's nuts. I grew up in the bay area, went back a couple years ago and a lot has changed. I've got family in SJ and near Santa Cruz in the mountains there near Los Gatos.

... [/QUOTE]

Brilliant post. Got me laughing. ;)

I'm afraid I agree with almost everything you pointed out. Really, the only thing I totally agree with the state on is the grocery bag thing. Plastic bags are the devil and shouldn't have ever been created. I wish they wouldn't charge for paper, but I suppose we should all be using cloth. Still, 10¢ a bag is just enough to remind us that we are doing something stupid by using disposable bags. I just *always* forget to bring them. It is annoying for sure, but we should have realized when we've been told over and over (ad nauseum!) that plastic bags are forming islands in the middle of the ocean and whatever else the stupid things do and stopped using them on principle. Oh well.

As for knives (I've collected mid and high end knives for 15 years), California is one of the most friendly in the nation. I can carry a fixed blade (or hell, a katana!) anywhere that isn't the obvious, like a school or government building. Outside of SF that is... SF is truly obnoxious in far too many ways for me to do anything more than visit on occasion.

Smoking in California is absolutely considered to be on par with drowning puppies for pleasure in my experience. I just don't do it (and I'm quitting now anyway), but it's super unfortunate that I feel way too guilty to vape anywhere within eyesight of another Californian (well, aside from the few that aren't nuts). :/

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen that trash island you referred to, well pics of it anyway. Sickening, I don't understand why more efforts aren't made to clean it up. Not profitable I guess. I only prefer plastic to paper because they usually rip less often. For a state that's so bent on being eco friendly I'm truly surprised they don't do much with recycled things like plastic. It wasn't until I moved to Arizona I saw just one great way to use them. Benches. There were several grocery stores that had benches outside made of dense plastic molded into 'boards', like a chunky wooden bench with individual 'boards' bolted together. It was comfortable to sit on, surprisingly heavy. I asked about them, they said they were made of melted down plastic bags and bottles.

They last damn near forever, they can be hosed off or sanitized. When I visited SF a couple years ago I didn't spot a single one. They had wooden benches, wire mesh/metal seats at bus stops, around the parks, at places like Ghirardelli Square, the wharf. I saw a few benches around San Jose stores and things. The tech museum. Even Santa Cruz and I didn't spot one single bench molded from recycled plastic like that.

This is just one style, there are all different variations and colors, some look rather nice. It wouldn't solve all the problems but if they have no idea what to do with all the excess plastic like water bottles as well as plastic bags -
Colne%203%20seater%20bench%20BLK%20wb.jpg

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I live in CA and am worried that the ban on selling flavored eliquid will infect Los Angeles eventually (which is where I live). I could always order online but a big part of my vaping experience is going to the vape shop and taste-testing different eliquids before deciding on one.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would be surprised if it went beyond the Bay Area, but who knows. This area tends to set the precedent for crazy, so I guess anything is possible.

Syn, actually we have those type benches all over. I think municipalities wait until the existing stuff becomes old and unusable before replacing them. Also, private entities use them. When I worked for Kraft Foods they replaced the wood lunch room furniture with that type of material. Kraft, in particular, is pretty good about that stuff though.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm hoping the ban doesn't spread much further either. It's certainly not helping with the fda crap. If anything it's only bolstering them and affirming that fda deeming garbage is 'right'. Don't blame you at all EMusic. I order everything online but that's because I live in a small rural area. There are a few dinky vape shops but nothing like the sort of stuff in larger areas.

To give you an idea, around 18yrs ago when I moved to the midwest it was a slightly smaller town than the one I'm near now. I went to get internet service so asked the real estate agent what isp's were available. He looked at me blank, so I said is there local internet? Then he responded 'oh.. is that the thing you connect up to the com-pooter?' Yes Jed Clampett, yes it is. lmao.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would be surprised if it went beyond the Bay Area, but who knows. This area tends to set the precedent for crazy, so I guess anything is possible.

Syn, actually we have those type benches all over. I think municipalities wait until the existing stuff becomes old and unusable before replacing them. Also, private entities use them. When I worked for Kraft Foods they replaced the wood lunch room furniture with that type of material. Kraft, in particular, is pretty good about that stuff though.

That's good news, I just personally hadn't seen any. I figured they'd be everywhere. Then again I found to my dismay just how few public toilets are available in downtown SF. It was getting on evening, I'd had a few sodas and nature called so I thought I'd pop into a store or restaurant and use their restroom. Nope, no place had restrooms. Tried a convenience store, a couple different fast food places, a hotel, another store. By this time I was weighing the options of the fine for public urination. Finally like 3 or 4 streets over finally found A portapotty one of those newer automated self cleaning units and stood in line.

Another good use for recycled plastic bags and bottles perhaps. Add more facilities if none of the shops, stores or eateries have them. Being such a large city and so many folks not to mention tourists, maybe more than 1 toilet for every 80k people 'might' be a good start. So few options on a warm day after walking around the city for like 4hrs drinking water or soda, not a good combo. City planning might concern themselves with more immediate issues than banning vape flavors.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Totally agree with all of that. I'd use the self-cleaners if I really had to. Outside of that I don't trust them. My luck it'd start the cleaning cycle two minutes after I walked in. Also, ya gotta wait for the occasional person who is using it for... uh... privacy! ;)

VU Sponsors