Become a Patron!

SF says ‘no’ to big tobacco, approves flavored tobacco ban

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Leave it to the San Francisco Examiner to repeat the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids' lies:

“Tobacco companies have a long history of developing and marketing flavored tobacco products as ‘starter’ products that attract kids,” Matthew L. Myers, president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, previously told the San Francisco Examiner.

“These products come in flavors like gummy bear, cotton candy and banana smash that clearly appeal to kids, and they’re often colorfully packaged to look just like candy and other kid-friendly products,” he added.
Please show us a product made by a "tobacco company" that's available in any of those flavors.

Unfortunately, now that this nonsense has been put to a public vote in SF and has won by a substantial margin, it's going to spread like a fast-growing tumor:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/05/supervisors-vote-to-ban-flavored-tobacco-in-san-mateo-county/

I'll take heart in the fact that whenever government bans something that people want, there are unintended consequences. It will be interesting to see exactly how those develop.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's vastly amusing that everyone KNOWS california is the Land Of Fruits&Nuts - but then they attempt to emulate them as much as the idiots emulate Cuz Europe Does It.

Bring it on & bring it down <shrug> No downside to me.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This kills every vape shop in SF
I'll repeat what I said in the other thread:

Never bet against the entrepreneurial spirit. I've heard that there are shops who assumed this would pass, who already have short-filled bottles of unflavored liquid and separate 0-nic "flavor shots" ready to go.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll repeat what I said in the other thread:

Never bet against the entrepreneurial spirit. I've heard that there are shops who assumed this would pass, who already have short-filled bottles of unflavored liquid and separate 0-nic "flavor shots" ready to go.

Good for them. Thwart the idiots in any possible way, at every possible opportunity.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and yet the city of S.F. will give you a free rig to shoot up wherever you want.I guess not all addicts are created equal.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's vastly amusing that everyone KNOWS california is the Land Of Fruits&Nuts - but then they attempt to emulate them as much as the idiots emulate Cuz Europe Does It.

Bring it on & bring it down <shrug> No downside to me.
I always thought California is the land of fruitcakes and nutcases. But I'm European so wasn't totally sure heh

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's Fruits&Nuts - and the Nutcases either get elected, or infiltrate Texas and continue to reform THAT into California v2.0

VU Sponsors