Become a Patron!

Share your vaping experiences.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just out of curiosity, I want to know your experiences with vaping.

Why did you start? Was it to quit smoking? Have you successfully quit analogs? What was your first device? At what point did the vaping device setup you had finally let you quit smoking, and what was it?

Feel free to share anything else as well.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping with a cig a like. It didn't really do it for me, I still smoked and vaped. I cut down a bit at first but then just did both. Vaped in places I couldn't smoke ect. Then I got a kanger pro tank and an ego battery and this was better. I just decided I wasn't going to buy cigarettes anymore. This worked because I was committed. Then my brother who is a federal agent got hurt in New Mexico, I had to go stay with him for about 4 months. Well compared to New York New Mexico had great vape shops. So many flavors!!! I was in heaven. (not as far as my brother went but vape wise, you knew what I meant). Ego batteries were a problem though. Great at first and then no power always on the charger...frustrated again. I bought a provari and was in love. The story goes on but I will shorten it up. I love flavor switched through a lot of tanks. Just started DIY juice.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I started vaping with the single goal of quitting smoking.

I started with cigalikes, smoking first thing in the morning and last thing at night and vaping mixed in.

This went on for about 2 weeks and gradually, I just prefered vaping and one day, I just stopped smoking completley.

Soon after that I got a couple of Kgo batteries (similar to the eGo batts just a different brand) then moved onto a E-Power 14650 with replaceable batteries and Kanger T-2 clearomizers, then onto VV devices, then to VW devices, then onto more VW devices and RBAs.

Too many of them according to the Mrs.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was looking for an alternative to smoking. Wasn't many choices. Wasn't interested in quitting nicotine. Cessation wasn't my goal.
Started with a cigalike. I stopped smoking that same day. I was able to build several devices ( OKR-T6, LM2596, PUCK) along with upgrading to a Ego- C along with Boge cartomizers, vivi-nova tanks and a Phoenix dripper. Vaping has come along way since March 2012, when I started vaping.

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I picked up a cheap Zigzag kit at a convenience store one day. My girlfriend had been on me to quit anyway so I figured I'd give it a try. It wasn't quite what I needed, but I could see potential. So I went to a local Vape shop and talked to the owner. Super nice guy and very helpful. He lead me to an Aspire kit with a mini nautilus. I could kiss that man, because that's what did it. From the day I got that kit I haven't picked up a pack of cigarettes. Still costs me too much money (my own fault. I have always had a weakness for gadgets) but I can breath again, so I'd say its a fair trade

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wife: pack a day smoker, tried Blu and Dogytrd brand Ecigs and always went back to smoking
Me: enjoyed two or more mostly Churchill size maduro cigars per day for over 17 years.

We never smoked in the house but were getting tired of the ash, the smell, and while I was burning holes in things she was hiding her smoking from her adult children who thought she had quit five years ago.
One evening in early March of this year we were in a mall and came upon a keosk selling vaping pens and cheap juices. The girl gave us a deal on two and we stopped smoking that very night.
Almost three months later and we haven't looked back!

0B9FAEEA-2572-4C03-92EE-01EFC50D2DB0_zpszvbafeg1.jpg

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smoked newport 100s since i was 16, smoked Green (menthol cigs) while in colombia. Smoked anywhere from a pack a day to two.
When i got with my wife she couldnt stand my cig stink, so i did some research and ordered some v2 cigs carto starter kits. The prefilled ones. Vaped on those for a few years but it wasnt enough. I vaped while at home but still smoked during the day while at work.
Then the wife got pregnant, her sense of smell increased dramatically. Almost considered looking inti getting her a job checking bags for contraband at the airport. I could no longer smoke and be with her, even after i would wash hands, mouth and face. Something hae to be done. So i got to the web again, searched for vapor shops in the area. While in medellin i had only 2 options, in miami vapor shops are in every corner almost. Found 1 close and paid them a visit. Got myself an ego, probably a clone, but i wasnt complaining. The dudes at the shop were real cool, had a lot of older tech, which i thought was newer tech and had a lot of info of building. I got into gennys for flavor, which to me is still unparalleled to date, but realized after i left cigs for good i needed a way large dose of nic in the juice for the experience to be pleasurable.
Going into the second trimester of the wifes gestation, we were traveling back n forth to miami a lot more frequently, so it was important for me to have all my vape gear and juice stocked at all times. These dudes started slacking on supplies, on juice, on everything, to the point i flew back to colombia one time literally on just a few drops. I got anxious and smoked on that trip. When i got back to miami, decided to go to another shop, and went to vaporshark. The dudes there are also pretty cool, and told me about rbas. Woooaaah my vape world changed. Dropped nic to .3 from 2.4 almost overnight. Did the noob mistake of chucking 2.4 nic at 90 watts on a dual coil .2 build. Destroyed my guts momentarily.
Also later i learned the vtc3s i got from these guys were fake, who knows what they were and thank god whatever they were didnt vent cause i did some pretty low build with them. After a while they started getting hot which is what got me suspicious of them.
Anyway, thats a wrap.
Boy is 15m now and rules my life.

VU Sponsors