Become a Patron!

Sheriff Gets 4 Years In Prison For Running E-Cigarette Business Behind Bars

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good. throw him in jail and shut down Jailcigs. Anyone charging $15 for what looks like a blu should probably be locked up as well.

https://www.jailcigs.com/product/clear-e-cig/
using that logic you'd have to lock up the entire goverment for charging the sin tax they do on a simple tobbacco plant product. the actual cost of a pack of smokes is probablly 1.00 or less. but thanks to De Blasio in NY city a cigarette can cost you your life.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
using that logic you'd have to lock up the entire goverment for charging the sin tax they do on a simple tobbacco plant product. the actual cost of a pack of smokes is probablly 1.00 or less. but thanks to De Blasio in NY city a cigarette can cost you your life.
Yeah sure, if that's what will work. They are all gangsters, so like al Capone, you take whatever charges will stick.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah sure, if that's what will work. They are all gangsters, so like al Capone, you take whatever charges will stick.
You'd think they'd give e-cigs away in jail to get people off smoking..instead they arrest a guy who sells e cigs and turn a blind eye to smuggeling in tobacco....besides in jail EVERYTHING costs more.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I grew up here and live here now. I work on the periphery of the legal profession here in Murfreesboro. Let's just say that I've handed this guy some legal documents a time or two.
What a comedic tragedy this story is.
IMG_0763.JPG
This guy's downfall has all of the elements of a great Coen Brothers movie. Dethroning a sheriff right out of central casting from the set of "Macon County Line". Getting in cahoots with relatives in Georgia to evade detection of the scheme. Wife calling the cops on him while he is out on bail.......it's like a redneck season of "Fargo", but without all of the messy murdering and stuff.

I don't want to create a long narrative, but I'll list a few details that I know.

- Arnold was a School Resource Officer at LaVergne High School when he was accused by administrators of not properly investigating a report of a gun on campus. He was demoted and returned to work at the County Jail. Here in Tennessee, the County Sheriff also runs the County Detention Center.

- With an election coming for the office of County Sheriff in 2010, Arnold, in which I'm sure he though would be delicious revenge, decides to run against the 28 year "good ol' boy" incumbent Truman Jones.

- At that time, Middle Tennessee was Tea Partying like a mofo. Arnold ran as a Republican and won, benefiting from voters just voting a straight line Red Republican Wave on the ballot. Truman Jones never stood a chance. It was a political shocker to be sure.

- While out on bail pending the trial, he gets into a drunken, prescription drug affected confrontation with his wife. She reported that he threatened to use his office and influence to destroy her.

Finally, it just makes me shake my damn head at the thought that this kid had a chance to make a positive difference in the county government and threw it away over e-cigs........f u c k i n g....e - c i g s.
IMG_0764.JPG

For the "I want more info" nerds, search "Robert Arnold" at these sites
www.tennessean.com
www.dnj.com
www.murfreesboropost.com

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Ahh a Tea Party Republican? I'll bet that Smoky did not know that :)

Yeah.....I wouldn't say he would qualify as a Tea Party Republican. He was a disaffected deputy with an ax to grind. A better descriptive would be that of a amoral tick that fell out of the dumbass shrub onto the political fattened calf of the Tea Party wave. He's more of a secondary plot line in a bigger story.

The 2010 election for Sheriff coincided with a Republican Primary for the 6th Congressional District that was hotly contested by 3 candidates. We had insurance agent/state senator from Shelbyville(GOP establishment), a nurse/state representative from Gallatin (Obamacare will kill us), and a former female Rutherford County party chairman from Murfreesboro that represented the "erhmagherd it's the muslims" faction. County government was also in the throes of a controversy regarding shady procedures in the Planning Commission approval of a mosque. The fallout from the congressional primary extends to this day in regards to the gerrymandering that occurred after the Republican won the general election. The winner was rewarded by what I call "The Diane Black Protection Act". Our county got pulled out it's long time association with the 6th District to the 4th District (mostly Chattanooga area) to cement her voter base and, in effect, our county of 167,000 registered voters was pawned off to another district. Neither of Diane Black's opponents home towns are in her district anymore.
IMG_0773.JPG IMG_0774.JPG

I applauded this guy's potential with the same zeal that I reveled in the exposure of his malfeasance. It kind of shows that the other people at the Sheriff's Office didn't just let shit slide.

That Robert Arnold is a true representative of any Tea Party ideals or policies is a span so wide that even the intellect of a Cromwell cannot reasonably or successfully cross it. (I say this as a tribute my man, not as a dig.)
IMG_0765.JPG

This is a pretty good recap. Dude made plenty of bad decisions, not jut one.
http://www.murfreesbororeview.com/2015/04/a-history-of-sheriff-robert-arnold.html

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He just a dumbass because he got caught and in every jail or prison that shit goes on.

VU Sponsors