Shinyitus anonymous!! If you don't have it you will!!! Enablers Lurking!!!

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by MrMeowgi, Oct 28, 2018.

1. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hi I'm Mike. I'm a vapaholic. In the last week I've had 6 different mods delivered and two more will be here this week. I'm addicted to the buying game. I never used to sell my mods but have been hitting that scene for a while now also. But I've gone as far as buying back mods that I've sold. Lol. Not always the newest Vapes but something I can use or know that I won't use it at all. When the neighbors kids are saying how many more do I need it makes you think. Do I have too many? Nah not yet. By the way this is all in joking manner. But everyone around me knows that if they have vaping related anything they come to me for help or gear. I can usually find help or anything here. I love this place.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    My name is Juicy and I am a squonkaholic

It has been 105 days since my last vape purchase

One day at a time brother!

kross8, Papachaz, EMusic and 15 others like this.
  3. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Wow 105? That's awesome. Well consumables don't count in my eyes. We all need wire and juice.

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    They don't count, you are right, lol

But, thanks to a bodacious stockpile, have not needed to buy any of that either :cool:

Ryedan, Countrypami, gadget! and 6 others like this.
  5. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Sweet

gadget!, wildgypsy70, jwill and 2 others like this.
  6. VAPEROXX

VAPEROXX Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hi! I'm Michael and I'm a vapaholic. It's been about a month since my last purchase. I can't help myself. I love squonkers. I'm a weak man...lmao and you're right; consumables do not count.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kross8, Countrypami, gadget! and 5 others like this.
  7. chrisakasparky

chrisakasparky Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I’m sparky and I’m a vapoholic. I went out for a 4 pack yesterday and came home with a new atomizer.. then got home and ordered nicbase. And I have wire in my eBay cart. Sometimes I forget I have packages coming

kross8, EMusic, SnapDragon NY and 9 others like this.
  8. bx10r

bx10r Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hello Mike and Lucy..
    My name is Omar and I've been cig free for 2 years
    6 months
    28 days ago
    14 hours
    I'm a vapeaholic and not ashamed of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Who has had to sneak a package (or five) into the house???

kross8, Papachaz, EMusic and 13 others like this.
  10. VAPEROXX

VAPEROXX Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Ummm....I have...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kross8, EMusic, Countrypami and 6 others like this.
  11. bx10r

bx10r Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Guilty...i have it shipped to work an sneak in the house in my bag. Then say...babe..thats ooold

kross8, EMusic, Huckleberried and 8 others like this.
  12. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I had to break down and buy some more batteries. My 3 yr old HG2's were getting short on run time per charge.
    Also splurged and ordered a Kanger Kbox mini kit with Subtank mini for $21.
    The Kbox mini and Pico squeeze mods are all that I have used for most all of this year.
    Can't have too many backups and they are getting harder to find.

although still daily using the first Kbox mini setup I got over 3 years ago.

kross8, EMusic, Ryedan and 7 others like this.
  13. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Definitely sneaking packages in sometimes.

kross8, EMusic, Countrypami and 4 others like this.
  14. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hi I'm jus Frank. I buy way too much stuff. I wasn't always like this. I find myself looking for deals way too often lol. I have enough stuff to sustain my vaping style for a long time. Vaping and getting stuff has been a great hobby for me.

I like that vaping is fairly new. I enjoy reading the history and evolution of all this. I didn't get a chance to try a lot of yester years best atomizers. With the speed companies are putting out the next best thing, that helps the prices of older gear. A lot of it is really good stuff but who wants them funny looking tall tanks? Me! I want to try everything.

There's something I want to say.. I don't care about how my stuff looks too much. I usually don't care about buying things just to make something matchy matchy. Sure if I want a new tank and they have a color that will match one of my mods, I'll do it sometimes. But for the most part I just put a tank on a mod and dont care what it looks like. Functionality is the most important thing to me. I have enough mods, I won a bunch in contests this year and bought a couple more. I buy tanks now, RTAs and subohm tanks.

I started entering contests this year. The stuff I've won has given me a chance to try stuff I wouldn't normally try. It's insane how much I've won. This community is so great and I appreciate everything. I've won atleast 13 times, pretty sure that's really lucky.

My spending is usally looking at clearance and sales. It hasn't hurt my lifestyle so I say have fun!

15. debinnv

debinnv Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    nvm wrong section lol

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  16. zephyr

zephyr Meg, the Dirty Pirate VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hi I'm Megan, I'm a shinyholic. I am 7 days clean from my last purchase, because I spent all my money on vape stuff.

I am addicted to nearly every hobby that vaping involves - looking at new products, building coils, tinkering with mods and rebuildables, DIY e-liquid mixing, and sitting around talking about vape stuff with other vapeaholics.

I've shipped quite a few things to people at their workplaces...you are not alone, lol

kross8, EMusic, SnapDragon NY and 9 others like this.
  17. gadget!

gadget! Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    :)

[​IMG]

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

18. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I bought another Therion last week.

kross8, EMusic, KingPin! and 11 others like this.
  19. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    I bought one a while back and sold it. Then bought another her Bec it was such a great deal. Lol

20. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Hey everybody - GOOD NEWS

Black Friday is less than a month away!!!

21. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Finally have you beat, Juice....Been about 5-months since I bought anything vape related which uses batteries to function....(excluding flavors of course)...:oops:

EMusic, gadget!, Countrypami and 4 others like this.
  22. gadget!

gadget! Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Most of you in here have already seen by now that I'm addicted to buying and trading stuff. :)
    I have several mods that I have sold and then bought back later.

Example: I'm on my 3rd Topside now and they've only been out for what, 2 weeks now?

That's why when I sell or trade on the board my stuff is basically new.

I'll never change, I've been that way since grade school. Started out trading marbles and have been trading since! :)

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

kross8, dubya314, EMusic and 9 others like this.
  23. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Well, I'm Deb. been cig free for 5 years now! I am addicted to buying and or trading with @gadget! LOL Oh and he is correct. His stuff is just like new..........All kidding aside. I too love this hobby and am addicted to buying new shineys

kross8, EMusic, SnapDragon NY and 5 others like this.
  24. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    I'd like to say I'm saving up for it but I'm a realist. I know I'll buy something else by then. Actually already plans on buying the new Topside squonk this coming week

25. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of shinyitis, should I buy a think vape finder dna 250C?

26. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Ohhhhh you are gonna love that topside @Wtmke1 what color you gonna get???? IMG_20181023_160634523.jpg

27. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Can't remember but I think the grey one. Buying it from Gadget. Lol like I said before I love this place.

I love that purple you have though.

28. CashNVape

CashNVape Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I'm J. Sun and I am a vaporholic.
    It has been approx 5 hours since my last vape purchase. I think we're all guilty of sneaking vape gear in the pad. My $200+ mod purchases are justifiable because I don't have it and I need it :)
    As I type this I just made another purchase

Sent from Amchitka

29. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I THINK you should

30. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    It's fun to help others spend money, isn't it?

31. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Been contemplating it for a few days. That's a lot of money for something I don't need. Definition of shinyitis.

32. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    jwill, shinyholic.

Vaping cost way more than smoking for me now that I find all this cool shit I want and really do not need. I make a vape budget each month and usually blow through it plus the next months budget and find weird ways to justify it.

After black friday I plan to go on a spending freeze for a while. See how that goes.

33. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I adore shopping for others

34. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    :bunny::stars::stars2::banana::bingo:

35. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I tried not to that long :giggle:

Fell off the wagon a few times though, until July 12, couldn't resist a titanium Hadaly :facepalm:

Can't resist a limited edition of a classic you can't buy anymore

36. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    My name is Norm and I’m a shinyholic. I justify my purchases saying I’m a vapepolocypse prepper. I’ll do good for a while but start to get bored not having a package to track. I’m big on restrictive single coil RTA’s, I find one I love and then I buy extras just to stash, including several spare glasses and o ring kits. I have a small tote labeled “Kayfun”.

Also of course I have to try the new ones that come out as well, got to scratch that itch.

37. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Time to further offset the food/nicotine ratio of the freezer!

38. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    ENABLER!

39. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I’m Chrissy and I’m a vapaholic. I can’t stop buying flavors. Or mods. Or RDA’s. Or drip tips. Or anything vape related. I could open a shop right now. I don’t even try to justify it anymore. It’s beyond prepping. My partner laughs at me. He threatened to count my flavors the other day and I broke out in a sweat. Lol! I have several carts going in several places.....and wish lists. I definitely get vape mail almost every week.

But, ya know what? It’s damn better than smoking.

40. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Yay!

41. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Woo hoo!

SnapDragon NY, gadget! and Letitia9 like this.
  42. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    :yes:

43. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I have the purple one, too! It’s so damn pretty.

44. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yes. Definitely yes.

gadget!, Letitia9 and Mykreign like this.
  45. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Exactly. Maybe a new rta too.

46. Grandpa

Grandpa Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have a good sized wooden case which is strictly Steam Crave.

I'm a shineyholic too...

47. BobsHere

BobsHere Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Ya'll crack me up....:vapemail:
    Just say no?
    It works for me, well maybe.
    Well, not really....

48. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I will end this year with my vape spending being under 2 months of what it cost me to smoke when I quit.

Ryedan, wildgypsy70, Letitia9 and 4 others like this.
  49. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    De NIle - a river in Egypt

50. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I have to say my bout of Shinyitis is cured.

Went thru flavoringitis, shinyitis, etc.

Recovered though.
    I think the only new atty or mod I bought this year was backups for ones that I use all the time.

Lucy did trick me into getting an OG Merlin RTA and I liked it so now I have 4 or 5 more.
    Enabler....

for most of this year I have used the Kanger Subtank Mini with RBA, The Kanger Kbox Mini mod, Pico squeeze and Wasp Nano and of course the Merlin on top of a Kbox mini mod.
    I think those are the only hardware I have vaped on for the last 6 months.
    Had a couple of RDA's sent on to me by a very nice person and tried those but they could not displace what I was using.