Become a Patron!

Shinyitus anonymous!! If you don't have it you will!!! Enablers Lurking!!!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm waiting on:

Fireluke tank and RBA, Ammit MTL RDA, and some wire from eightvape
Nicotine from perfectvape
Smok G80 kit from breazy
Mod wrap from vaporskinz
RBA for Smok Spirals from myvaporstore
Squonk bottles, replacement door for Wismec Luxotic BF, O-atty, replacement deck for Hussar RTA from fasttech

I haven't bought a piece of Smok gear in years, and frankly don't know what possessed me the other day, except that the G80 kit that came with a Spirals tank, for which you can get a single-coil RBA, was the same price or less than the Baby Beast tank by itself. I'd been looking at the Beast/Prince tanks for a while because of the RBAs available, but was a little nervous about the RBAs being dual coil and small. Like the single coil better, and I'm not put off by the restricted air flow in the Spirals tank. Also needed a mod that would better accommodate the Fireluke tank, most of my mods are 22mm or thereabouts. I had several that held bigger tanks, but the Apollo CTRL, the ipv Vesta, and the Sig Evaya have all died.

So you can see how that little obsessive voice talked me right into this, yes? Just whispering in my ear, yeah, that will work for that, and it isn't that much money, and it's probably a price you won't see again, and you NEED it for this or that, blah blah blah. Addictive personalities can talk themselves into just about anything, given time. :(
The rba deck for the Prince is pretty good.

Maybe I have been given special providence or something, but the two Smok mods I have, have performed flawlessly. Including a lowly Procolor which I've had in constant daily use for 10 months as an around town beater. It is dull and chipped up, screen all scratched, yet hasn't skipped a beat. With the Firmware upgrade it even does decent TC if I want it to. For whatever it's worth, which may be nothing.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The rba deck for the Prince is pretty good.

Maybe I have been given special providence or something, but the two Smok mods I have, have performed flawlessly. Including a lowly Procolor which I've had in constant daily use for 10 months as an around town beater. It is dull and chipped up, screen all scratched, yet hasn't skipped a beat. With the Firmware upgrade it even does decent TC if I want it to. For whatever it's worth, which may be nothing.

Well I will take your words as advice to not project misfortune onto the poor Smok kit. I take pretty good care of my gear, and ordered a wrap for it already, so will hope for the best but not be too disappointed, whatever happens.

The biggest disappointment I've had so far with vape gear was that Sigelei Evaya. I have been a huge Sigelei fan for a lot of years, and that was my first mod that had some pretty stabwood on it, beautiful shiny gunmetal finish, color screen, and it took a huge crap after only 4 months. Sigelei was absolutely NO help when I asked them for repair resources. Just simply said, we do not offer support on purchases from eightvape, sorry. That ridiculous response was enough to turn off my Sig-buying-switch completely. Nope. Won't order anything else of theirs. I didn't pay full price for the mod, but if I had, I'd have been out 80 bucks for a mod that only lasted 4 months. Could have been worse, but it certainly could have been better, too.

Just goes to show me that good and bad can come from any company.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
With the Kbox mini you just have to know their one thing.
If you drop them the spring loaded battery terminal might get stuck.
A little Torx bit and 15 min and good to go again. The little spring inside the contact gets jammed and requires a bit of disassembly.
Have had to do this a couple of times. Hardwood floors and dropped mods...
That only happened to me once. And it was because the mod landed on it's bottom. But it was one that was ready to retire, so I just let it go.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That only happened to me once. And it was because the mod landed on it's bottom. But it was one that was ready to retire, so I just let it go.
2 screws in the battery compartment. 1 under little no tamper sticker.
Remove screws slide out mod innards and reseat the spring.
Reassemble taking care to be sure that buttons are in place.

Vape on.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I keep ten full set ups on my kitchen counter- same reasons, they are all filled with different juice!
My BIL a non smoker, non vaper, came to my house on Thanksgiving and thought I have too much stuff- LOL!
Good thing he didn't see the inside of my vape cabinets- this " stuff " has kept me from cigarettes for 4 years!

View attachment 126317

Can't believe I didn't notice this before. You are far too neat.

Need to get some batteries, a Pepsi bottle with about one swallow left in it, a McDonald's wrapper or two, a bunch of flavor bottles, wadded up paper towels, charging cables, some old mail, a couple of screwdrivers, and a bag of potato chips to scatter around on that counter top.

Ambiance! We need it! Evidence of the Creative Spirit! :p

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Seriously? How is somebody supposed to pass THIS up now?

Been like that for a couple of weeks. I didn't pass it up - got two, matter of fact. Loving them. One has a VA Radius clone on it (been vaping this one all morning), and the other is waiting on a GV Ammit from eightvape.

Full price is between $60 and $75 on those puppies.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been like that for a couple of weeks. I didn't pass it up - got two, matter of fact. Loving them. One has a VA Radius clone on it (been vaping this one all morning), and the other is waiting on a GV Ammit from eightvape.

Full price is between $60 and $75 on those puppies.
Mine is going to be green. Because, ya know, I don't have a green mod.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Here's some shinyitis for you. :facepalm: Go ahead, laugh, it's ok :giggle:
Ordered Drag Mini kit (kit because mod only pricing didn't make sense and will just sell tank) from Heaven Gifts store @ AliExpress days before Thanksgiving, the same day as VK530 from a diff store there.
I've had the VK for a couple weeks or so as well as a FT order I placed well after, and the kit hadn't moved from "preparing shipment" for almost 5 weeks. I really wanted that handy plug in mod for work for it's size/weight/built in battery. It was looking like HG wasn't going to meet the refund deadline so I bought one from US vendor and it wound up being the sameish price :slowclap: and have been using it.
Then yesterday Ali's showed up in NY :headbang:
Of course they are the same color and now I'll have 2 tanks and a mod to add to my backlog of WTS's:cry:

:confused: lmao

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered Drag Mini kit (kit because mod only pricing didn't make sense and will just sell tank) from Heaven Gifts store @ AliExpress days before Thanksgiving, the same day as VK530 from a diff store there.
I've had the VK for a couple weeks or so as well as a FT order I placed well after, and the kit hadn't moved from "preparing shipment" for almost 5 weeks. I really wanted that handy plug in mod for work for it's size/weight/built in battery. It was looking like HG wasn't going to meet the refund deadline so I bought one from US vendor and it wound up being the sameish price :slowclap: and have been using it.
Then yesterday Ali's it showed up in NY :headbang:
Of course they are the same color and now I'll have 2 tanks and a mod to add to my backlog of WTS's:cry:

OMG that is SO stressful!!! I think I need a Xanax.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then yesterday Ali's it showed up in NY :headbang:

That's what drives me nuts about these Chinese shops. It's not even that shipping takes a long time from the other side of the planet. It's the total lack of communication. My Bonza mech kit showed Valley Stream NY (which I used to live near for a while years ago) from FedEx the day I ordered it and then sat there for almost 3 weeks saying only that the existence of the order was known to FedEx. Do they really expect me to believe it went from Hong Kong to NY in a couple hours?

THEN it magically shows up in Anaheim weeks later. (These poor Chinese folks need a North American geography lesson)

Obviously they sent the info to the U.S. branch to give the illusion of fast shipping as if Americans are too stupid to figure that out. I'm not a child. I can wait, but don't try n snow me with a sophomoric stunt like that.

It's in Indianapolis now so it's on the way, but you get my point.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Obviously they sent the info to the U.S. branch to give the illusion of fast shipping as if Americans are too stupid to figure that out. I'm not a child. I can wait, but don't try n snow me with a sophomoric stunt like that.
That's like "your order has been shipped". No, you created a label, still have my item(s), and they haven't shipped yet ~

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'll be using my Green Cool fire tomorrow!

Q4W9ggFwdOUnUNPWb1hpcsmjQ5q7Ji6VDhdzMt5bbZ53TC0ekSjFpxIdJ0u74RpNoGk1KPtQ5-O3TpQFXSzgOyvJkOFgN82um15SDHsKJ7JpmrAOHY0BQOMUqMJLZHy4j51wDvltcibjAI3xQ-ZZ8H7nlHfldqWtqoKSN0GPH3kDFZlnTewMzd-qfIgNUmdkpMGgM82HP24IygIRYe-aJ4DddADZKhX_yu6iw_qzkdrd65t08sKOC_n47D-H88axZNc_jqip_nWtMDnob-QWNgCJTFU5sD3XsGNFBIGwcLX8aoHBIuHWvrgj0cptXcZXdf-iBSRGPPc3LpOfem1c_iXpISSTN557A4Dwy2M2aML6fWxhXRYBOo6wEW_gpwqTn9cztXjCCIWo6cV01HEhHw0ZGeFV2sEfnuq33A4W5y1SWwIsgIWxOrAm6Vt7gRBKh2JSm3l_1Er-BG7LrDskdrdT1WsrrTdJiv7BGAZOgRvx9lFquc3sx4ZI3Y9gWDil9e-U3vUf4xoJVUwcS7l9S5Cq1MlDlVj_q7FwMfoSQ6Vw0A1VQNJ_VW-bXN2xkUqdu1ySIdXIWCRQ3_tpDzJJ7KQCdFMBFsdDs5xWdXzRZ7VqYhk5ub9RDT8mjR9-Ruj3d0m7p6DbE84OKO2Nl9zTYlW4ZE_pjfH32iC98sUl1AbNY04Rf8bMuKsLFO28DD7NH5R9KDHSFX_rytnVTm8=w534-h949-no

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
How about the tank? Is that an Engine or Engine Nano? Love that drip tip, too. Actually I don't see anything about that rig that I don't love.
Yep, one of my beloved Nanos with a trinity glass hardware standard nip tip. Love these drip tips, straight bore, comes in quite a few colors and they have a shorty as well. It really is a great setup. The detonator is great and has an off switch making it very purse friendly. I get 2+ days on a Samsung 40T using 24-30w depending on coil.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are green mods like Christmas sweaters? Just use for about a week out of the year?

No, you can use green at St. Patrick's Day, if you have any Irish ancestors. You can also use green on Saturdays during the spring, summer, and fall, while you mow the grass. If you have any green furniture, you can use your green mod in the room with the green furniture. Nobody's told you this, Mr. Cromwell?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you can use green at St. Patrick's Day, if you have any Irish ancestors. You can also use green on Saturdays during the spring, summer, and fall, while you mow the grass. If you have any green furniture, you can use your green mod in the room with the green furniture. Nobody's told you this, Mr. Cromwell?
Must have missed that memo?

I guess not being a Catholic or big green beer aficionado, I had not thought of that holiday.

VU Sponsors