Become a Patron!

Shinyitus anonymous!! If you don't have it you will!!! Enablers Lurking!!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Alibaba, JD.com Stop Selling E-Cigarettes to U.S. Buyers - Caixin Global

Two of the biggest Chinese e-commerce giants said they will stop selling e-cigarette and accessory products to U.S. buyers amid a proposed ban on certain flavored vaping products after rising lung injury cases associated with vaping.

Alibaba Group said Wednesday that starting Oct. 10 listings for vaping products will not be displayed for U.S. users and orders from U.S. buyers will be blocked.

JD.com Inc. announced a similar move, saying any shipping of vaping products to the U.S. will be suspended, according to a Chinese media report.

These two represent ~80% of Chinese e-Commerce market to US.

Man, I can’t believe it. SHTF is here, unfortunately. :cry:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Dont know if anyone else has noticed, but ebay searches are starting to turn up 0 results for general. I have a bunch of saved searches and only a handful of specific ones turn anything out.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Alibaba, JD.com Stop Selling E-Cigarettes to U.S. Buyers - Caixin Global

Two of the biggest Chinese e-commerce giants said they will stop selling e-cigarette and accessory products to U.S. buyers amid a proposed ban on certain flavored vaping products after rising lung injury cases associated with vaping.

Alibaba Group said Wednesday that starting Oct. 10 listings for vaping products will not be displayed for U.S. users and orders from U.S. buyers will be blocked.

JD.com Inc. announced a similar move, saying any shipping of vaping products to the U.S. will be suspended, according to a Chinese media report.

These two represent ~80% of Chinese e-Commerce market to US.

Well I just ordered 5 RDAs and a couple of drip tips from FT, just in case.

This is seriously shitty, and while much of the stuff that's happened in the US doesn't surprise me, THIS does. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Thanks for passing the word on.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

This is seriously shitty, and while much of the stuff that's happened in the US doesn't surprise me, THIS does. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

I have an order coming from FT as well- just some Smok TFV8 coils, Orion pods and drip tips.
A few weeks ago I got another Smok Cloud Beast from Aliexpress- since I have the RBAs and coils, they had the best price for one of these sub tanks.
Yes this is extremely bad news!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have an order coming from FT as well- just some Smok TFV8 coils, Orion pods and drip tips.
A few weeks ago I got another Smok Cloud Beast from Aliexpress- since I have the RBAs and coils, they had the best price for one of these sub tanks.
Yes this is extremely bad news!

I've not heard Aliexpress mentioned too much on here, except by you and myself, but it really was a good place to get gear. I am going to feel that loss.

Wish I had thought to order an RBA for the extra X-Baby I have. Wonder if I can modify the order? Going to check.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Dont know if anyone else has noticed, but ebay searches are starting to turn up 0 results for general. I have a bunch of saved searches and only a handful of specific ones turn anything out.

Wow, you’re right. No mods, tanks or coils listed. WTH?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
3Fvape order seems to have gone through...for the moment

You should take a look at eBay, it’s amazingly full of no vape gear except tank bands. Not that I bought anything there, except coils a few times. But it’s scary. Do you think I need to stock up on HW now?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And there goes the US vaping industry. :(

I thought that I was dealing pretty well with this, especially after mixing last night. Now I’m kinda really bummed out. I never bought from China directly, but I think forum people assumed that we’d be able to. Shit, it’s like war has broken out right here, where we are. Scary.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

You’re not kidding. I’m gutted, as they say. This came out of left field. I’m in a tizz now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I thought that I was dealing pretty well with this, especially after mixing last night. Now I’m kinda really bummed out. I never bought from China directly, but I think forum people assumed that we’d be able to. Shit, it’s like war has broken out right here, where we are. Scary.

More like a coup than war, I'd say. Move, move, move, checkmate.

Hard to react when those first three moves are invisible, and the only one you see is the checkmate.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now this is me trying to find my positive side. Loosing China sucks, but I feel this is going to be a long, bumpy trip. It is what it is...for now. All I can do is continue to send emails to legislators, make phone calls to the White House, and try to spread the truth and dispel the lies to those around me. I'll continue to focus more on mixing ingredients. I'm good on hardware which is one reason I've been making the move to mostly mechanical devices or unregulated. I'm trying to not get down. Shit has gotten real.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've several items on The List, but I'm not going to be pushed into moving before I'm ready. If I get cut off before then, well, too bad for me, I guess.
shrug2.gif

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m totally fucked up over this. Yes, I usually don’t curse, but I’m not sure if I prepped enough.
Breath my friend. Like you I don't really know where this will go.This isn't going to fix it's self over night. I do believe we will still have vaping, but don't know in what form. I know you're not a kid ( I never ask a ladies age) so I'm certain you've survived worse bullshit in your life than this.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Now this is me trying to find my positive side. Loosing China sucks, but I feel this is going to be a long, bumpy trip. It is what it is...for now. All I can do is continue to send emails to legislators, make phone calls to the White House, and try to spread the truth and dispel the lies to those around me. I'll continue to focus more on mixing ingredients. I'm good on hardware which is one reason I've been making the move to mostly mechanical devices or unregulated. I'm trying to not get down. Shit has gotten real.

I was just thinking the same thing about mechs. I like VW, but if the coil build is right, mechs should be fine.
It feels like they’re trying to block every avenue of vaping we have!
But yeah, it’s a one day at a time thing. It just feels like something very big and bad has happened.
Sorry for crying on your shoulder, man. Btw, how is the shoulder doing?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've several items on The List, but I'm not going to be pushed into moving before I'm ready. If I get cut off before then, well, too bad for me, I guess.
shrug2.gif

Well, I don’t want to smoke, Jim. But, they’ll prolly have pods on offer. Fooey.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just thinking the same thing about mechs. I like VW, but if the coil build is right, mechs should be fine.
It feels like they’re trying to block every avenue of vaping we have!
But yeah, it’s a one day at a time thing. It just feels like something very big and bad has happened.
Sorry for crying on your shoulder, man. Btw, how is the shoulder doing?
Our shoulders won't melt from a little moisture. One of the best things we can do is to stick together. We cannot control what our government does much less a foreign government. We stick together as a community and do our best to help other as we are able.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow. I looked at Ebay the other day and noticed no vape gear either but I dont usually search on there anyway. Wasnt sure if that was normal or not. This isnt good at all...

No, pods will be okey dokey, though. You’re lucky you’ve been using mechs, bro.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, pods will be okey dokey, though. You’re lucky you’ve been using mechs, bro.
Maybe find a mech or two and start studying them. No need to rush into using them, but it's good to know. They really aren't all that scary. You just have to pay attention and use your brain a bit more.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Our shoulders won't melt from a little moisture. One of the best things we can do is to stick together. We cannot control what our government does much less a foreign government. We stick together as a community and do our best to help other as we are able.

:blowkiss: Thanks, you made me laugh in the middle of wanting to bang my head on the wall!!
Sticking together is the only thing we can do. Grr, repressive gov.

I had a slight omg panic thing for a few there. I see mechs or pods in my future if my gear craps out, though. :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe find a mech or two and start studying them. No need to rush into using them, but it's good to know. They really aren't all that scary. You just have to pay attention and use your brain a bit more.

I had a non adjustable 80w mod and it was really harsh for about a week. Like my lungs hurt. So I figured that’s how mechs would be. But if I think about it, I know more about vaping now.

So everything has panned out as Jwill expected. I’d get mechs from him, but I’m not sure if I can learn to build that fast. I’m thinking you can’t throw a non RDA on them. Boy, life is really pushing my boundaries out there!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a non adjustable 80w mod and it was really harsh for about a week. Like my lungs hurt. So I figured that’s how mechs would be. But if I think about it, I know more about vaping now.

So everything has panned out as Jwill expected. I’d get mechs from him, but I’m not sure if I can learn to build that fast. I’m thinking you can’t throw a non RDA on them. Boy, life is really pushing my boundaries out there!
Stop psyching yourself our about building. Mixing juice wasn't as bad as you'd though. Building is even easier. Once you start doing it you will kick yourself for being so neurotic about it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Stop psyching yourself our about building. Mixing juice wasn't as bad as you'd though. Building is even easier. Once you start doing it you will kick yourself for being so neurotic about it.

Thanks, I’ve calmed down. For a few horrible minutes there, I thought our vaping world was coming to an end. And I don’t want to smoke again ever.
So, I’ll have to learn! You’ve been open with your experiences mixing and building. It really helped. If you hadn’t mixed suddenly, I may not have last night. Thanks! :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, you are an enabler! Lol I might be comatose if I did. I had about a shot, or half of one. I had to avoid the cork.

I think I would fall over dead if Scotch hit my throat before 5 in the afternoon. Bleck!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I would fall over dead if Scotch hit my throat before 5 in the afternoon. Bleck!

I hardly ever drink, but I needed something to calm down with. It was really an emergency thing. I took two tiny sips, but it helped. I’m a lightweight with booze anyway.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Did I mistake your injury for your shoulder? It was your elbow, wasn’t it?
Cripes, it’s been one of them days. Hope you’re still not in pain all the time. :hug:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Alibaba seems to sell everything, after losing India vaping might be a very small part of their business.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Alibaba seems to sell everything, after losing India vaping might be a very small part of their business.

It’s not so much that one site, it’s will we still be able to get gear from China. At least that’s how I interpret it.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It’s not so much that one site, it’s will we still be able to get gear from China. At least that’s how I interpret it.
It depends on will china still be making products. They will continue to sell whatever they have in stock, and I don't think they will care where they send it and if it will get through customs, that will be up to the buyer.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It depends on will china still be making products. They will continue to sell whatever they have in stock, and I don't think they will care where they send it and if it will get through customs, that will be up to the buyer.

Hopefully, that’s how it will be. What scared me today was the feeling that there was going to be something going down to stop them selling to us here. If more gear were made here, it would be okay!
China lost a huge market in India, so maybe they won’t want to lose us. But if our gov decides to not allow their stuff in, we’re screwed. But that’s a worst worst case scenario. It’s really fucked up.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hopefully, that’s how it will be. What scared me today was the feeling that there was going to be something going down to stop them selling to us here. If more gear were made here, it would be okay!
China lost a huge market in India, so maybe they won’t want to lose us. But if our gov decides to not allow their stuff in, we’re screwed. But that’s a worst worst case scenario. It’s really fucked up.
The problem is that if china loses enough of it's market the manufacturers will just convert to something else. I am hoping that parts may be able to get through so rebuildables can be maintained.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was looking at Vaporl's US warehouse today. They had some truly great deals on stuff, but when I got to check out, they wanted to charge me over $30 for shipping for 4 small items. From the US. WTF is that? They removed their standard shipping option, so you have 2 day and Fedex. Even still I've never paid anything like that for shipping. That's really bullshit of them to do. Canceled cart.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at Vaporl's US warehouse today. They had some truly great deals on stuff, but when I got to check out, they wanted to charge me over $30 for shipping for 4 small items. From the US. WTF is that? They removed their standard shipping option, so you have 2 day and Fedex. Even still I've never paid anything like that for shipping. That's really bullshit of them to do. Canceled cart.
Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
So I've been avoiding this thread thinking it would make my shinyitus worse but since I'm almost broke this thread seems safe. I wonder if someone can help me out. I'm looking for a cheap (read inexpensive) mech squonk. I don't have a lot of nic stored up and I have a bunch of vw mods in my closet so I think I have enough gear to last through the nic but then what? So I decided I need a mech and since I'm comfortable with squonks I figured I'd look for one of them but I'm lost. Someone please help me.

VU Sponsors