Become a Patron!

Shit. I need some quick help.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm doing training all day today and my vape is not working correctly. I built a coil last night and threw it in my Kylin. No matter where I put the wattage I'm getting burned cotton. I flipped the atty over and took the deck out (I didn't bring juice) and it looks fine. It was vaping great last night. I don't know what could be the cause. I remember a hot leg, but I strummed it out. Could it be shorting intermittently? What else could be going on? I pulled out the cotton and made sure it was getting good capillary action and made sure the coil was getting cotton on all surfaces.

I may not be able to reply right away, but I'll read any replies as I can.

Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last time that happened to me the coil was touching the sleeve on my tfv8 rba

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry but you should have a tank with factory coil along for these types of situations in my opinion. Wish I could offer more help but I never leave home without a spare tank. Shit happens and you have to be prepared for any occurrence.

Btsmokincat

Member For 4 Years
I'm doing training all day today and my vape is not working correctly. I built a coil last night and threw it in my Kylin. No matter where I put the wattage I'm getting burned cotton. I flipped the atty over and took the deck out (I didn't bring juice) and it looks fine. It was vaping great last night. I don't know what could be the cause. I remember a hot leg, but I strummed it out. Could it be shorting intermittently? What else could be going on? I pulled out the cotton and made sure it was getting good capillary action and made sure the coil was getting cotton on all surfaces.

I may not be able to reply right away, but I'll read any replies as I can.

Thanks!

Are the ohms changing? Loose deck screw so all the power is going to one coil?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, loose post screw or coil touching chamber would be my guesses, too. And get that Alien straightened out ASAP. 'Cause...backups, backups, backups ;)

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Could be the mod. My ohms were jumping all over the place the other day and after close inspection I noticed the 510 pin on my Innokin Coolfire looking real ratty. Changed the tank to another mod and things are back to normal. Now the Coolfire is on permanent retirement. I have so many mods it doesn't bother me. I don't even have an excuse to get another. Make sure you are checking everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a knucklehead. It was indeed the wicking. I've never had any problem with wicking at all, but that single coil I put in is enormous and I haven't wicked that way before. Odd that it was wicking fine and then wasn't. After posting I took it apart again and pulled out the cotton to where there wasn't much packing the jfc. The ends of the cotton fibers are just kissing the deck on the second attempt and I thought it would leak, but it's fine. I thought I was doing pretty good with wicking, but obviously I have more to learn. ;)

Thanks guys. Even just knowing that help is but a few taps away helps me to stay away from the smokes I'm trying so hard to put down.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I thought I was doing pretty good with wicking, but obviously I have more to learn.
For a couple weeks, I was having my own wicking issues. No matter how much experience I might have wicking a tank I've been using a long time, I know I'm bound to screw it up at some point. I've done quite similar, it's fine fine fine, then get to work and it's suddenly too much, LOL.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For a couple weeks, I was having my own wicking issues. No matter how much experience I might have wicking a tank I've been using a long time, I know I'm bound to screw it up at some point. I've done quite similar, it's fine fine fine, then get to work and it's suddenly too much, LOL.
Haha yeah it just had to wait until I was boned without it. Live and learn. I think I'll throw a unicorn of vg in the glove box and make sure to bring the goon.

Good thoughts guys.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haha yeah it just had to wait until I was boned without it. Live and learn. I think I'll throw a unicorn of vg in the glove box and make sure to bring the goon.

Good thoughts guys.

I do keep a bottle of juice handy, but I don't normally pack any coiling stuff with me. I need to change that, cuz it sucks to pull into a parking lot, then burn out a wick right as you do. My fave was the popped coil. I do carry 2 mods/tanks with me, but never fails, it's my fave flavor that screws up. Luckily it hasn't happened too often.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I disagree. There are some of us fools that can screw up anything! :D
Hahahaha for realsies!

I'm not sure what the best candidate is for a back up atty. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it... My baby beast was stolen a couple of weeks back. Between then and now I bought a Goon 1.5, a VV Kylin, and a big baby beast (to replace the baby). Well a couple of days ago my roommate called me up and said that the baby suddenly showed up in my room! I bought the big baby because I have a stockpile of coils for it and because I wanted the rda. So now I have the big baby that just sits there. Perfect glove box weapon for situations like yesterday. All I need is plain vg w/nic to hold me over if I get in need.

Excellent suggestions. I won't be caught out again and have nothing to keep me going!

VU Sponsors