Become a Patron!

Shorting

I have an Ijoy RDTA box mini. You are supposed to be able to use any atomizer you wish. I bought the

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ETHAN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an Ijoy RDTA box mini. You are supposed to be able to use any atomizer you wish. I bought the vaporous RDA and placed some duel fused claptons and on there and it shorted. It's not the resistance because you can build down to .05 and the build I had was .26. I tried replacing the coils and the same thing happened. I don't understand my it's shorting...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check your build on an Ohm Meter.
Then lightly tap the coils while it is on the Ohm Meter if it jumps up or down then you got a small post short going.
Simply readjust your lead legs until the ohms stay steady.
Good luck...Cheers!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It won't ruin my rda or mod will it? The shorting?
No the mod just won't function..... shorting if not happening with atty off is almost always do to the coil or part of the coil touching what it should not.

Also check you 510 connection.. make sure they are clean and haven't picked up debris. Those little bit of wire you snip off have a habit of going where you don't want them.

Could also be you built lower than you think.

Describe build wire wrap id

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also the posts are getting pretty hot, is that part of shorting?
I would make a guess and say yes, this happened to me and a Tiny piece of metal was stuck in my atty causing shorting, it took me a bit to figure that out.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

ETHAN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
anywhere specific I should look? I couldn't find any pieces of metal

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anywhere specific I should look? I couldn't find any pieces of metal
Check everything heck a small splinter or burr will ruin your night big time.
This is yet another reason I started using standard tanks instead of RBA's or RTA's.
Too much of a damn hassle plus severe nerve damage no thanks.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
straighten and retune (compress) your coils. They should be straight and evenly spaced between the posts and the chimney of the atomizer (or outer edge of the build deck. Look closely at the bottom coil, right hand side.. it looks really close to the deck but you have lots of space unused. Also, note the outer left hand post, where you clipped the wire.. looks a little long in the photo, check that the coil leg end isn't shorting the opposite coil on your middle post.

VU Sponsors