Should I buy more tanks?

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is that even a question? Probably not. But I'm not sure :p

Also any suggestions on what tanks I could get for my Groove 2?

Bare with me guys, I'm new!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im a fan of all things Kanger Aerotanks. Going to be grabbing some HBC tanks by SMOK this weekend as well. Love BDC style tanks (bottom dual coil).
Bigger fan of the glass, so my liquids dont fog them up or crack them. Been very interested in trying out a cartomizer style tank though, Schell from The Vapor Bar sells a really cool looking aluminum and pyrex one with a side filling hole, I go through around 8 ml a day and having to part my tank to fill each time gets annoying....lol
In the future, im going to grab a kayfun so I can upgrade it to a Confun with the 12 ml tank, just need to use that on ADV's that don't crack tanks lol.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you don't want to venture into rebuildables right now.. the new Aspire Nautilus Mini and Kanger Aerotank Mega are both very good choices.

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'm too much of a noob to start rebuildables! :p

I've heard great things about Kanger!!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When you're ready, a really good beginner's rebuildable is the Smoktech RSBT:
Smok_RSBT_Hybrid_Adjustable_Airflow_Pyrex_Glass_RBA.JPG

Smoktech_RSBT_Hybird.jpg

HT1cTBgFLldXXagOFbX3.jpg

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the RSBT specifically, 3mm wick works well, and you don't need much of it. In other words, no need to do any folding or looping.

The best wick you can get - in a lot of people's opinions - with regard to durability, absorption, etc. is ReadyXWick at http://rbasupplies.com/. Expensive, but worth it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you're ready, a really good beginner's rebuildable is the Smoktech RSBT:
Smok_RSBT_Hybrid_Adjustable_Airflow_Pyrex_Glass_RBA.JPG

Smoktech_RSBT_Hybird.jpg

HT1cTBgFLldXXagOFbX3.jpg

I'm tempted to get one of them @moecat Whats the airdraw like?

@adreamersdaze by the looks of things I'd say the new mini nautilus is worth getting as you already have a Kanger aero on the way. I'll probably grab a couple as I'm always on the lookout for reliable tanks for new vapers. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with buying another of the same tank. I have lots of kayfuns, not to mention certain drippers. I'm still looking for the ideal pouch to keep my spares in for when I go out e.g. spare tank, juice, batteries, coils. You'll need to buy spare could btw.

We had a brief moment there when there wasn't anything I could recommend to n00bs. The protank? Ugh. Their coils were too unreliable. Rip Protank.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm tempted to get one of them @moecat Whats the airdraw like?

@adreamersdaze by the looks of things I'd say the new mini nautilus is worth getting as you already have a Kanger aero on the way. I'll probably grab a couple as I'm always on the lookout for reliable tanks for new vapers. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with buying another of the same tank. I have lots of kayfuns, not to mention certain drippers. I'm still looking for the ideal pouch to keep my spares in for when I go out e.g. spare tank, juice, batteries, coils. You'll need to buy spare could btw.

We had a brief moment there when there wasn't anything I could recommend to n00bs. The protank? Ugh. Their coils were too unreliable. Rip Protank.
The draw is VERY airy when all 5 holes are open ... moreso than the Aerotanks.

Only real issue is that the RSBT does get quite noisy.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that even a question? Probably not. But I'm not sure :p

Also any suggestions on what tanks I could get for my Groove 2?

Bare with me guys, I'm new!

I vote for the Aspire Nautilus Mini or regular size as well for the best thing going before you get into rebuildables. Reliable, no leak, heads last a few weeks, adjustable air holes. Best of flavor with the newer coils. Hard to go wrong with these.

Good luck.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vote for the Aspire Nautilus Mini or regular size as well for the best thing going before you get into rebuildables. Reliable, no leak, heads last a few weeks, adjustable air holes. Best of flavor with the newer coils. Hard to go wrong with these.

Good luck.
I think it was either GrimmGreen or modenvy on Saturday night that said even though it's called the mini it's really like an entirely new tank with more or less the same capacity

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Celtic Fog
In the future, im going to grab a kayfun so I can upgrade it to a Confun with the 12 ml tank
I have one of those large tanks and they really don't work. It leaks and floods and gurgled. The weight of all that juice is too much. And yet once it got down to half way it would need refilling. I can't remember much else now as it was a while back but unless you can pick up an extended tube cheap I'd say save your money. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Here we go. Is this what you mean? Old pic now. That's on an old lavatube mini

image.jpg

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it was either GrimmGreen or modenvy on Saturday night that said even though it's called the mini it's really like an entirely new tank with more or less the same capacity

I dont know what that means, but I usually agree with you Hobby Kid :D

Actually I tested/bought a few of these newer type tanks recently.... I dont know what made me do that actually since I have so many rebuildables, but I must say that I felt the mini Nautilus has the best taste of the bunch. I put the newer type heads/coils in the larger one and though it made a taste difference, I kinda thought the Mini was a tad better. Dont know if this is in my mind or not. Apparantly Im not the only one. ;)

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont know what that means, but I usually agree with you Hobby Kid :D
Modenvy is the vaporjoe's network broadcast on Saturday night. GrimmGreen needs no introduction (@adreamersdaze subscribe to him and check out rubyroo :)) It was either of them that said the mini nautilus is like a new tank in the way it performs (as opposed to say, the mini Taifun or Protank which are essentially little versions of their big daddy size counterparts)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have one of those large tanks and they really don't work. It leaks and floods and gurgled. The weight of all that juice is too much. And yet once it got down to half way it would need refilling. I can't remember much else now as it was a while back but unless you can pick up an extended tube cheap I'd say save your money. I'll see if I can find a pic.

View attachment 6357
thats the long m tank i was taking about , but the confun is the 26650 adapted size. Thanks for the heads up Mr. Kid!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thats the long m tank i was taking about , but the confun is the 26650 adapted size. Thanks for the heads up Mr. Kid!
here is a pic of the confun 26650 version.View attachment 6358
Ah I see. Very nice. You might lose flavour with a bigger tank. I have a 26650 kayfun - but what the hell.. I'll still try out the confun. It might be good and look awesome on a 7/22
(I'll wait for the clone lol)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 6357

Thats not an original Kayfun 3.0 is it?

I have one of those (serial number 102) with the extended tank and Chimney. Mine is a two piece where you screw the metal on to the macron to extend it to what? 10 Ml ? I didnt have any problem with it leaking and gurgling that I remember. Mine was just so damn long with that 3.0 or 3.1 and a fully extended Semovar and the extended tank.

I still have it around here. I may pull it out and give it anouther try for fun. Im vaping on the regular size tank as we speak. That original ( the only original Ive ever bought) still works and is probably the best single vaping gear Ive ever bought....( next to the Provari's)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats not an original Kayfun 3.0 is it?

I have one of those (serial number 102) with the extended tank and Chimney. Mine is a two piece where you screw the metal on to the macron to extend it to what? 10 Ml ? I didnt have any problem with it leaking and gurgling that I remember. Mine was just so damn long with that 3.0 or 3.1 and a fully extended Semovar and the extended tank.

I still have it around here. I may pull it out and give it anouther try for fun. Im vaping on the regular size tank as we speak. That original ( the only original Ive ever bought) still works and is probably the best single vaping gear Ive ever bought....( next to the Provari's)
Its the first version kfl. But the tube is authentic. I bought it direct from SvoeMesto in Germany. I don't use the KFLs anymore. Only the 3.1 sandblasted bc of the really deep juice channels and airflow. Got a pile of old version 3s and KFLs. Maybe use them for parts? Idk

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its the first version kfl. But the tube is authentic. I bought it direct from SvoeMesto in Germany. I don't use the KFLs anymore. Only the 3.1 sandblasted bc of the really deep juice channels and airflow. Got a pile of old version 3s and KFLs. Maybe use them for parts? Idk

Im with you. I dont care for the KFL due to airflow. I settled in with a handfull of the fasttech sold 3.1's due to the airflow and I could use them in Hybrid mode on the Semovars. I would love to have your old 3.0 Kayfuns though. Parts... ARGHHHH !!

Wish we were closer and could do some swapping or something. :)

My old 3.0 came direct from Svoemesto as well. Im kinda attached to it. Its the only one I have that doesnt leak from time to time from the fill hole (which I dont use). Ivwe read how to fix them but never have. Lazy. :rolleyes:

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently purchased a couple Aspire Nautilus Mini's with the bvc coils for when I am on the go...they have really amazing flavor and I am few weeks going on the same coil. I also tried of few of the colored Taifuns gt's from fastteck and a 1.2 build with Japanese cotton produced a pretty even amount of flavor for a Rebuildable.

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice suggestions everyone! I think I'll get a few more Kanger tanks but can someone explain to me how to drip? I know kinda what it means but not really!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice suggestions everyone! I think I'll get a few more Kanger tanks but can someone explain to me how to drip? I know kinda what it means but not really!
A dripper is a rebuildable, and RDA, for short. You build a coil, wick it, then drip juice on the wick and coil and vape. They can be built lower ohms than tanks generally, and they should have crazy airflow so you can go wild with your draw. I personally am not a fan, they don't fit my lifestyle, and I prefer to fill up, and be good for a while. Constant dripping drives me nuts, but most people seem to like them.

As far as getting more tanks, I kinda went nuts and ordered two more kayfun v3 black editions yesterday from Artemus. The sale is just too good to pass up, so now I'll have 6 kayfuns. Can't really have too many IMO, but I need to be done for a while, lol.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've found out there is a local vape shop here so I'm super happy to be able to support them! I'll be paying a visit for more tanks this weekend :)
Nice, I support local shops for some stuff, but I can't justify the mark up on others. I've got a couple close that are really good, though. I definitely agree it's good to support the locals, just some things I refuse to pay up to double for. RBA's and rda's are usually marked up quite a bit, but tanks around me aren't. Have fun!

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice, I support local shops for some stuff, but I can't justify the mark up on others. I've got a couple close that are really good, though. I definitely agree it's good to support the locals, just some things I refuse to pay up to double for. RBA's and rda's are usually marked up quite a bit, but tanks around me aren't. Have fun!

Yes! I'm going to see what worth it and what's not.

I got my 10 ml samples in yesterday and I'm enjoying Cinnamon Bun today. One of my favorites so far :) Just need those tanks!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes! I'm going to see what worth it and what's not.

I got my 10 ml samples in yesterday and I'm enjoying Cinnamon Bun today. One of my favorites so far :) Just need those tanks!
Coolness, I like cinnamon bun juice, but in moderation. I tire of it quickly, but it is tasty stuff. Packs a nice punch with the sweetness.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In one of Smokies reviews he was doing something I had not thought of, he used Cartomizer tubes for testing out the juices he was reviewing, very cost effective for finding flavors you like. So you dont have to fill a whole tank and clean them out as much! Saves on coils during your testing stages too, was a brilliant idea, thanks Mr. Smokie for the idea.
Here is a link to the tubes I'm talking about. These are an example, not the exact ones he was using however.
http://www.madvapes.com/smok-tech-mega-xl-1-7-ohm-cartomizer-black.html
11025-2.jpg
here is a link for the SS version. These guys have a lot of different ones, and it might be worth sending a conversation to @SMOKIE to ask which ones he uses.
http://www.madvapes.com/stainless-dual-coil-510-mega-cartomizer-1-5-ohm.html

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In one of Smokies reviews he was doing something I had not thought of, he used Cartomizer tubes for testing out the juices he was reviewing, very cost effective for finding flavors you like. So you dont have to fill a whole tank and clean them out as much! Saves on coils during your testing stages too, was a brilliant idea, thanks Mr. Smokie for the idea.
Here is a link to the tubes I'm talking about. These are an example, not the exact ones he was using however.
http://www.madvapes.com/smok-tech-mega-xl-1-7-ohm-cartomizer-black.html
View attachment 6545
That is a good idea, problem is a kayfun makes every juice taste completely different, in a good way if you like it. One shop near me will let you drip, which I think is pretty awesome.

And I do hate when I order something online new, and I fill a tank and it sucks. It's a bummer, I always intend to partially fill the first time, but that never seems to happen in practice.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have around 10 bottles of juices that are 99% full and will stay that way, they always sound good in writing, not always when vaping lol.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i have around 10 bottles of juices that are 99% full and will stay that way, they always sound good in writing, not always when vaping lol.
Yeah, I hear ya. I got some that I thought steeping would do the trick, since they fit my flavor profile, but almost a month in they still taste like perfume. Conversely, I got some butter pecan that was reviewed as tasting like pecan pie, I love that shit, and it tasted like burnt wood. However, two weeks later it is sweet pie goodness. It's hit and miss at times. That's my issue even at shops, since juices come alive in kayfuns, so I might dismiss something good. At least I rarely buy in shops, it's a waste of money.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm exclusively Aspire. Never tried a Kangor however I get great performance from the Aspire Mini.
Your Vape shop should let you try both so you can decide for yourself...
You will definitely experience more flavor and vapor. When trying the Aspire, just make sure it has the BVC coil (Not the BDC)
The Aspire Coils come in a 1.8 and 2.1 wattage. I typically run the 1.8 @ 10-11 watts.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Celtic Fog
Same Here. I usually end up giving them away. I'm hoping my Vapor bar "forbidden" samples come in soon.
Is it just me or? Seems the samples always taste great right off the bat.
My "local" vape shop has been ripping me off for too long.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really liked the Forbidden line so far, Im grabbing the next sampler and a few others this weekend, the Rebellion was so good I finished it the first day and killed the Wicked Vine the first day I tried that one too, nomnomnomnom

Last edited:

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really liked the Forbidden line so far, Im grabbing the next sampler and a few others this weekend, the Rebellion was so goo I finished it the first day and killed the Wicked Vine the first day I tried that one too, nomnomnomnom
Very happy to hear that.
"nomnomnomnom" ROFL.

VU Sponsors