Become a Patron!

Should I dry burn the coils after rewicking a rba?

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm rewicking my smok baby beast RBA and I removed the cotton already. The coils are only a day old I just want to try a new flavor with fresh cotton. Should I dry burn the coils and get them glowing red again or should I just rewick it and call it a day?

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lmao ya BEFORE rewicking. Thank you. One more thing. How do u know when u need to change a coil?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
After every two tanks, I dry burn the coil and replace the wick.

Personally, I only change the coil when the old one fails. About every 60 days or so.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
After every two tanks, I dry burn the coil and replace the wick.

Personally, I only change the coil when the old one fails. About every 60 days or so.
shit. i burnout coils weekly lol

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh damnn.. I fill my tank up atleast 4-5 times a day. But I chain vape wayyy too much. I can't put this thing down I just need something in my hand I think. Idk.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well good to know. I need this coil to last til Saturday when I get all my stuff in the mail.. wish me luck.

Perhaps it is time to consider purchasing a spool of wire and making your own coils?

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Perhaps it is time to consider purchasing a spool of wire and making your own coils?
I spent $200 on new a new rda and rdta and a coil master kit that comes with a spool and I got alien claptons and comp wire but... I bought them on fasttech.com (china)... it's been almost a month for shipping... no lie almost a month for $20 off lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I spent $200 on new a new rda and rdta and a coil master kit that comes with a spool and I got alien claptons and comp wire but... I bought them on fasttech.com (china)... it's been almost a month for shipping... no lie almost a month for $20 off lol
yeah fastech shipping is super slow. also 200 bucks? what did you get?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

You are going to love that coil master kit.

I have one somewhere around here.

But my thing is, I learned to wrap coils around a nail. And by the time I did out the CM kit, get it set up I can have a perfectly acceptable nail coil made.

I also find that the nail is handy keeping the coil in the proper position while installing in an RTA base and then positioning it.

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got a ijoy combo with 4 different decks and the freak show V2 rda coming I got every premade claptons coils I could get think they were all alien brand, cotton bacon and Japanese cotton. And I got anarchist comp wire. And a builders kit with the ohm meter. And I spent a good amount on eliquids. Imma fill my shelf with mods and juice very soon lol I'll post a picture. Imma get the G2 box and pharaoh next. I feel like I can buy it now and get it here before all this other stuff arrives.

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh and I have to pay $9 for a good ceramic tweezer since the kit only comes with a small one. I got that from a USA store and got it before I received my first RBA. Lol right now I only got the smok baby beast RBA. and 2 other small sub ohm tanks.

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
im just saving so much not smoking that even spending money on this stuff I'm still ahead. i feel like it's going to be a good hobby for me to take up. Been 4 months vaping and off cigs and I feel better then ever!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Got a ijoy combo with 4 different decks and the freak show V2 rda coming I got every premade claptons coils I could get think they were all alien brand, cotton bacon and Japanese cotton. And I got anarchist comp wire. And a builders kit with the ohm meter. And I spent a good amount on eliquids. Imma fill my shelf with mods and juice very soon lol I'll post a picture. Imma get the G2 box and pharaoh next. I feel like I can buy it now and get it here before all this other stuff arrives.
Nice! congrats on starting a collection

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I found that you can clean nasty old coils by first dipping the nasty coil in water (just the coil, not the whole atty), dry burn it just till it glows, then dip in water again, all the crap just falls off. This is without any cotton in the coils..right. Nasty tasting coils, taste great again.

knifeguysreview

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are going to love that coil master kit.

I have one somewhere around here.

But my thing is, I learned to wrap coils around a nail. And by the time I did out the CM kit, get it set up I can have a perfectly acceptable nail coil made.

I also find that the nail is handy keeping the coil in the proper position while installing in an RTA base and then positioning it.

Damn bro, make sure you have that nail Superclean

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Watch any good YouTube video on how to clean your coils. I rewick/wash daily. My shit gets dirty fast. I run child's for about 3-4 days before I get bored and do a new build

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

VU Sponsors