Become a Patron!

should I rewrap?

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i bought the blemished ijoy 20700's from liionwholesales.

I inspected the wraps, they seem to be fine and no tears or holes. They came with free clear wraps. Clear are hard to see wear on them. I have a heat gun "borrowed for 24 hours", should I rewrap them while I have a chance?

STKc1bC.jpg

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some wrap - a roll, clear - I got from FT over a year ago. I finally last month had a pair of 25R's that had been fighting my fingernail and an estick battery compartment, (and lost).. So, since the cardboard pos-protector was exposed I went for for it.

Sliced a little past the tear and tore them off. Cut the tubes a little longer and slipped them in. NOTE: longer on top than bottom, ok? (lesson learned). I just used a silly torch waved around them to shrink it. Perfect. Done.

If they are not torn, don't waste the time - return the gun. If they ARE torn it's a 5 minute job with any heat source other than a microwave ;-)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed this morning that one of my 18650's had a big slice in the top ring in the wrap. Even though the insulator protected the battery I said WTF time to re-wrap and pulled one out. I started at the top using my hair dryer and took a total of about 3 minutes from start to finish. Even with being anal about the exact spacing of the wrap. Easiest thing to do.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I borrowed the heat gun from thr boss. I wrapped em just in case.

ima iry to get comic character wraps.

CGSWooD.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I borrowed the heat gun from thr boss. I wrapped em just in case.

I just put my heat gun back in the garage because I was using it to dry some plaster when I was painting and was contemplating using it but you do not need anywhere near the kind of heat a heat gun provides. At least in my opinion.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
heat gun sures the wrap fit. I grew up using heat gun amd heat shrink tape.

Few nano seconds with heat gun 6 inches away sures a fit.

VU Sponsors