Become a Patron!

Should vapers boycott chinese products

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As the people of Hong Kong are protesting for democracy and being beaten in the streets by the Chinese goverment, and as the Chinese goverment has now sent in the military to Hong Kong..making another Tinnamen Square scenario seem likely...should vapers boycott Chinese products

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda like sticking it to the Chinese man? I'd say a lot of gear comes from China but vapers are low on the totem pole for that. Now if you could get people to quit buying tvs and cars and more expensive items China government would be able to feel that blow. I assume you're talking about not buying from them to side with the protesters. But I could be wrong as I'm pretty useless these days. ;)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
As the people of Hong Kong are protesting for democracy and being beaten in the streets by the Chinese goverment, and as the Chinese goverment has now sent in the military to Hong Kong..making another Tinnamen Square scenario seem likely...should vapers boycott Chinese products

i catch your drift. but as you know, we are not even a drop in the bucket. and we would do nothing but hurt ourselves

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i catch your drift. but as you know, we are not even a drop in the bucket. and we would do nothing but hurt ourselves
I disagree,,it is as much for our own sake as it is for the people of Hong Kong...

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you wanna boycott the Chinese economy, you are 35 years too late.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk, if people feel strong enough about it and wish to do it for their own well being, more power to them. Everyone has an issue it seems like. Don't get this from here, don't buy from these people, don't buy that shit, only buy local, support organic this and holistic that. So many agendas and for some reason, every time someone propositions me to 'take a stand' it invariably fucks with my wallet. I'd go broke 'protesting' all the various bullshit. The companies aren't looking out for me, aren't paying my bills and they're all about their own ass. So do unto others - which means I'm out for numero uno and what's best for my buck. Lord knows that's what drives any business, the bottom line - so I have to do what's best for mine.

Not trying to sound cold and all, but so long as there's still suffering vets in my country, suffering elderly people, homeless people, hungry people, people being given the shaft or in need in one way or another - Hong Kong is way the fuck down on my list of priorities. Got plenty here at home to contend with. Are the people of Hong Kong giving two shits about the people getting the short end of the stick in the U.S.? Doubt it, they're all up in arms with their own issues. I don't have to agree with how they're treated, sure. But the U.S. has squat to do with it. British took over and decided to make them a colony, then flipped it to China like property bros. No real consideration to the people of HK from either country really and there's some rules in place about what should and shouldn't happen but that's between China, HK and England. Or China and England since it appears for centuries HK has been little more than a stepchild in a custody case rather than a real country.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you wanna boycott the Chinese economy, you are 35 years too late.
i have to agree with this...

hell even if you try to i bet some part of some electronic will have been made in china after all where is it "made" = is all about where it is assembled so unless you know for 100% there is no china parts then i am afraid your still buying china products.

VU Sponsors