Become a Patron!

Shout out for new vape shop in Abilene, TX (REVISED)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hubby and I were doing our regular shopping trip in Abilene, TX, and noticed a new vape shop had just opened up, so we decided to drop in and check it out. They actually have a selection of mods and attys, whereas most vape shops have gone to pod devices only. Dear hubby decided to buy a mod and an atty, and was given a discount. Hopefully it will get him back off the cigs.

There were two employees at the time of our visit. Both worked together in checking to see about ordering in a mod I want. I was told it should be at their store in about 3 days. We'll see. They were more friendly and helpful than I have seen in most brick and mortar vape shops, probably because it's new. this was their second day of being open for business

It certainly is worthwhile stopping in. Even if they don't have what you are looking for, they might be able to get it for you.

20231111_152503.jpg20231111_152440.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So... it has been 6 days. I called them about the mod they promised they would order, because they never called. Omar told me he needed to talk to his manager, and he would call me right back in about 10 minutes. It has been over 3 hours now.

This tells me they never ordered the mod I want, and the only reason they are nice to people in the store is because they depend on a commission to earn a living. It seems likely that the reason they never ordered the mod is because it is a squonk device, and nobody in this part of Texas deals with them anymore. Everything sold around here (atty-wise) requires proprietary coils. So it seems this vape shop (Planet Smokie) is following the pack, and will likely be selling nothing but pod crap in less than 6 months.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With poor service like that, they'll be selling their whole stock at 50% off for their going-out-of-business clearance.
There are currently more vape shops in Abilene than necessary. I know of two that have so little stock actually on display, that they surely must be fronts for illegal activity including money laundering. I would not be surprised if Planet Smokie does the same thing.
I did not accuse anyone of breaking the law. Just saying it would not surprise me, because of appearances.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In my limited experience with vape shops in the last decade, most are just outlets for "other" type devices and substances. That's what most people want and that's the cash cow.

That said, I see a LOT of our style of vapes when out at local bars...outside of course.

VU Sponsors