Become a Patron!

Shutting Off Smok Marshal Before Removing Batteries For Charging?

Happy Easter all!
Please take mercy on a newb--I picked up a Smok Marshal and did my first battery charge by just opening the battery compartment door,removed the batteries,nd then put them on the charger. When I put them back in the machine didn't want to start up and acted goofy a few times until finally firing back up. I can't get a definite yes or no from the Smok literature included in the kit and can't seem to find anything online or on YouTube. Any advice? It's greatly appreciated.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What voltage is your charger charging to...... some mods won't work correctly with overcharged batts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What voltage is your charger charging to...... some mods won't work correctly with overcharged batts.

Hey,thank you for the help! They only charger in the shop was an EYSB two port job. I've looked for info and found something talking about a trickle mode,a CC mode,and a CV mode switch,but these aren't on my charger. The literature isn't really clear to me. I'm using the Imren purple 18650 batteries the shop sells with their setups. The EYSB says it cuts off automatically when it hits max charge.

LOL...told you I was a newb.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't care what the advertised voltages are.... what voltage is the charger carding to.. that must be tested.. with a Meter other than that of the device or battery being tested. 4.2 volts indicated is not always 4.2 volts.

Could be your batteries.. somebody with more brand knowledge will have to answer that.

I don't care what the advertised voltages are.... what voltage is the charger carding to.. that must be tested.. with a Meter other than that of the device or battery being tested. 4.2 volts indicated is not always 4.2 volts.

Could be your batteries.. somebody with more brand knowledge will have to answer that.

Thanks H.D., I've shyed away from asking questions at the bigger shops cuz' folks aren't all as helpful as you,but-- since I've got the bug ( BAD!) I'll just need to read whatever I can and not be afraid of pushing the wrong button and whatnot as long as I'm being safe with the batteries. Any advice on what testing gear would be helpful when it comes to batteries?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks H.D., I've shyed away from asking questions at the bigger shops cuz' folks aren't all as helpful as you,but-- since I've got the bug ( BAD!) I'll just need to read whatever I can and not be afraid of pushing the wrong button and whatnot as long as I'm being safe with the batteries. Any advice on what testing gear would be helpful when it comes to batteries?
Imo there are 2 tools a vaper must have. A dedicated 510 ohm meter and volt/ohm meter..... all other tools are optional.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyway.. there must be a hard reset re flash procedure for tbe evic....... might t r u the My evic or Arcticfox firmware sites for info ........ or the ArcticFox thread.

I have had my Pico lockup 2 time like you evic. Once on plugging into USB the other when swapping batts....

The eleaf has a procedure for reset. Where you remove batt and plug in USB by holding a button combo. Allowing conception to the Downloader programs.

VU Sponsors