Become a Patron!

Siamese Coils

Eurow

Member For 4 Years
Has anyone done this before? I call them Siamese Coils. 13/14 wraps of 24g Kanthal A1 around 2.5mm post. The outter is directly touching the inner. Ohms out at 0.6.

6b31442a1200d56cd2511ff82d25b8e7.jpg

c9f40f4b4d6090c4c0d9a02b00f0ad0c.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's the point of the outer coil? If the wick is going through the middle only, the outer coil would be pointless no? It's a clean build, but I don't see the point at all.

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like an inception coil.

Eurow

Member For 4 Years
It's more of a stacked parallel coil. The vapor and flavor off this is amazing. The second layer captures juice like a Clapton does, and the heat the coils put out makes a really dense vape.

JerryOden

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make a video, put that shit on youtube, AND LINK THAT MOTHERFUCKER HERE!

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's more of a stacked parallel coil. The vapor and flavor off this is amazing. The second layer captures juice like a Clapton does, and the heat the coils put out makes a really dense vape.
Nice! how did you stack the coils like that? Any hints or do I have to wait for the video production

Eurow

Member For 4 Years
I think what some people are missing is that both coils are wrapped simultaneously and touch all the way through.

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, wrap around the post, then on top of the 1rst wrap, back to the post, wrap on top of that and so on?

Eurow

Member For 4 Years
I used a "cheater" jig. I laid both strands into my coil master and made sure they were flat on the base before wrapping and just kept an eye on it as it went on.

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn! That makes it a running stove top inception coil!

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I was being a smart ass. On a serious note the concept for this coil is amazing. Well done sir.

VU Sponsors