Sick of countless threads dedicated to ECF drama.

Discussion in 'U MAD BRO??' started by OneBadWolf, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Rixsta

Rixsta People's Reviewer VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    :) Thank you Sir

2. OneBadWolf

OneBadWolf VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:

And the clouds part to reveal the true color of the sky....

3. KDodds

KDodds Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You want to know what I find really funny? That the OP has started a thread devoted to "stopping the ECF drama", thereby creating a thread devoted to ECF drama. Is the irony lost on anyone?

All I know is a created an account there. I read some, started to recognize a few names. Read some more, and left without ever having posted. ECF is probably THE single worst run board I have ever seen going back over 30 years to my BBS days. I've seen nastier despots, sure, and screwier ruls implementation on occasion, yes. But never rolled up all into one giant shitball of torment that being an ECF member must be. In fact, to still be there, I would say you're probably worthy of being "treated" to the Marquis de Sade's "love eggs". And don't look that up if you don't already know what it is. I warned you.

AndriaD, Atchafalaya and The Cromwell like this.
  4. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:

Wrong forum. We don't close accounts here. You can just stop posting if you REALLY feel that way.

But you dont, and you wont.

Time likes this.
  5. martnargh

martnargh Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    i was in ecf until i started getting warnings and threads n was in the outside n shit.
    i then decided to simply stop going on there. no need to bitch about it...
    dont get attached to message boards... its kinda sad.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Davect06607 and OneBadWolf like this.
  6. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    One final post in this thread.
    I DO feel that the ECF Refugee badge was a mistake.
    We need no schisms.
    We are all posters here and need to get along.
    I made a mistake requesting one but now have requested that it be removed from my list.

also please do not ban Rixta. he gets a bit wound up sometimes but is decent chap.

MikeyConti and Atchafalaya like this.
  7. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:

Nobody is going to ban him. Why would they? I just hope he feels at home now. No advice on the ignoring the drivel-thread?

8. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Which one?
    Whiskeys corner?
    Many of us like drivel.
    Those who don't don't have to participate.

and on the banning most of us have not fully recovered from the other place. Still adjusting.
    PTFS.

Atchafalaya likes this.
  9. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Ban? What'd he do for a ban? Wound up? Honey, you've been here long enough to know the whole place is wound up. :crazy:

10. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:
    Not too much drivel about ECF in Whiskeys Corner.

Comprehension. Perhaps it does not mean what you think it does.

Or final post for that matter.

11. Lotus Insane

Lotus Insane Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    ...so hockey season is about to start. :cool:

Foggz and Huckleberried like this.
  12. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:

Always nice to give back.

13. AndriaD

AndriaD FALL! At Last! VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Actually, I'm a hermit. This IS my "social life." Why? Because going amongst actual human beings is tedious in the extreme, I'm nothing like any of them; on a forum, I can "unplug" anytime I feel like it, and not have to evict the unwanted from my house, fight traffic, or curtail my vaping.

I've been "out there" and I fucking hate it "out there." "In here" is where I'm comfy. My house, my rules, the whole internet to play on, and vaping anytime I take a notion. I can even go shopping and not need to leave my comfy chair!

Andria

14. Atchafalaya

Atchafalaya VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You never give up do you? What the hell is wrong with you? It's so bizarre the way you are having conniptions about these threads but continue to talk about them. Sad thing is..... is that you have made several people feel unwelcome here now. When all they did was "vent". Also, for the record, sticking to one thread, because one is busy, does not null and void VU membership or make them "less" of a member than YOU(or anyone else). I'm a member until I decide I'm not anymore and try to look the other way when it concerns bullies such as you. Poor poor little bad wolf. Can stand seeing the abbreviated ecf. Oh brother! Don't read them then. Idiot! You remind me of all the wrong PC shit going on in this world now. ;)

SirKadly and MikeyConti like this.
  15. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    This, I gotta agree with. I may be perfectly content in my own vaping experience, but there are always people out there that want help.

16. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    I agree giving back is good too. Who says fugees don't give back though? This guy is just whining over reading things he isn't even forced to read. He's obviously a french fry short of a happy meal. And unfortunately have made some very good people feel unwelcome here.

The Cromwell, SirKadly and MikeyConti like this.
  17. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor VU Challenge Team Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    roger there. I don't vape much anymore, I keep up with the tech and stay on top of the new geer.
    Vaping let me kick a 20 year smoking habit; and, I am eternally grateful for what it has done.

I have also made a lot of friends and a few enemies in the forum verse. More importantly its helped me to get Healthier without the cigarettes. If I can pass that down to a new vapor and help them get started the right way, I am repaying the people who did the same for me.
    - I cant help but see that as the primary reason for the forums.

as to the ecf thing, anyone who was a vapor more than 2 years ago was probably a member, that means a lot of people that also cant stand the place. Some people cant let go...... of anything.
    in the end, its like everything else in vaping- different strokes for different folks.

18. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Not me, I see plenty of fugees and non fugees sharing valuable info here.

My own experience when I joined here.... it was a LOT smaller. I came over with a much smaller group of people. Most of us stuck to mainly one thread in the DIY, but there wasn't a whole lot here, just yet. Even then, I'd cruise around the place, find stuff I might know something about, post, then totally feel like I had over-stepped or something. Then OMG someone gave me a LIKE. LMAO!!! Looking back I see how utterly ridiculous I was, because we're all here as vapers.

I've seen all kinds of people here. Some join, continue to lurk, some join and just go NUTS because they feel immediately welcome, or even have the experience to share. Doesn't matter which category you fall into, we're all vapers and everyone is welcome, even those that don't bother to join, and only lurk.

At least, that's how I feel.

19. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    Giving back = Good
    Making new members feel unwelcome = Bad
    I just really do not think it was necessary to create a thread just to complain about people complaining.

20. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    Awe big ((HUGS))!!!!!! <-----I don't know if I did that right.

21. Time

Time Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't pay any attention to the ECF thread. But the womper woom thread was hillarious. They come and bitch about the things they couldn't say on ECF, then go back to ECF. Then a month or so later, after another ECF tiff, they'd come back to VU and bitch about ECF some more and go back again. Rinse and repeat.

At least, in the "another forum banned me" subforum, they'd bitch and then make themselves at home. But the womper woom thread was nothing more than a place for current(at the time) ECF members to come bitch without getting themselves banned at ECF. It was a funny read there for awhile.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    OneBadWolf and f1r3b1rd like this.
  22. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor VU Challenge Team Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    the way I see it: This area of the forum is called the mudpitt for a reason.

as to making new members feel unwelcomed, that can be taken many ways....
    I give the best advice I can when asked... when I see someone doing something Dumb or giving bad advice, I usually light them up like a Christmas tree.
    some new members need that to stay safe and some old members need to be reminded of what it was like when they were new.

and some people are just plane douchewashers.

edit to add:
    I don't frequent the womper room: I was active in the old one, before I was given my walking papers... but the new one didn't have the same feel to me and most of my people are all in a different thread here.

23. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    I won't say what I REALLY wanna say here, man I even had it all typed up, but chickened out HAHAHA!. I call them gnats when I'm feeling nice.

This is what I call a valuable member.

24. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep keep me straight.
    Unless it is a POV thing.
    Like saying that Subtank Mini's are junk!
    LOL

We can just fuss a bit about that.

25. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yeah well we still had friends over there and could not complain over there.
    But yes I can see some entertainment value.

Atchafalaya likes this.
  26. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    lol! Yea, I'm not real forum savvy.
    Yes we can be quite funny. Especially me --- but looks aren't everything. :oops:
    lol!
    I just thought of something really funny!!!! Now, there's 3 threads with ecf in them!
    Ok, I'm back to work. Chowsers.

MikeyConti likes this.
  27. f1r3b1rd

Blog Posts:
    neither am I... I hadn't ever been to one until I started vaping.
    but, this is generally the are for all complaints, bitching and arguing when it gets out of hand.
    kind of the sub basement r equivalent to two people at a bar going out back to fight it out.

Atchafalaya likes this.
  28. LynnNC

LynnNC Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I still post at both sites because I have friends at both. And I'm not complaining about either site. Last I looked I was a free individual and over the age limit to be able to post anywhere I felt like it! :rolleyes:

29. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    I don't complain about ECF either.
    Edit: I rarely complain about it
    Have friends in both areas. Glad you are with us on the other thread Lynn! :) It really IS a fun thread.

LynnNC, MikeyConti and AndriaD like this.
  30. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:

Thank you for saving me the unpleasantness of quoting some...

Not me. Or did you not read:

fir3bird has contributed immensely.. Andria shows up all over the forum and has contributed a great deal, as has RC. There are many, many others as well.

What prompted me to start this thread was not just the annoyance of 13 out of 15 recent postings (took a count today) being primarily "fugees", but reading those threads in the past weeks,and hearing how much some of the participants miss ECF, or dont feel at home here or other whining.

I don't think the ECF Refugee badge is a mistake, I think that those who refer to themselves, or behave like "fugees" first, and VU members second are ingrates. My personal opinion. We are allowed those here.

celticluvr and Time like this.
  31. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    Be happy!!!!! This has the words and everything!!! Weeeeeeeeee!:bunny:

LynnNC and SirKadly like this.
  32. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:

I will take it you didn't read it. Oh well.

Atchafalaya and LynnNC like this.
  33. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  34. Time

Blog Posts:
    I guess I figured if they were real friends, they'd move too.

At least, that's what I'd tell my kids about going to an abusive place if they invoked "friends".

OneBadWolf and SirKadly like this.
  35. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    Not to change the subject, but is that your horse?

36. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    I'm sorry. I just can't stay upset for long periods of time. I'm kind of a goofy person if you haven't figured that out already.
    Happy song time:

37. Time

Blog Posts:
    Yes ma'am. When she was two.

Atchafalaya likes this.
  38. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    Beautiful! I grew up with horses. Had to sell my last one 3 years ago due to a neck injury. But I still love them. Beautiful creatures.

Time likes this.
  39. freemind

freemind Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You don't get it, do you? The whining is in ALL sections of this forum. Not just U mad bro, or banned from ECF.

The drivel from, the ECF ban hammered is EVERYWHERE.

OneBadWolf and f1r3b1rd like this.
  40. Rixsta

Blog Posts:
    :crazy:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    MikeyConti and Atchafalaya like this.
  41. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I wear my scarlet letter with pride (speaks of the ECf guee badge) I see them as a badge of honor that says I survived a place much worse.

f1r3b1rd, Atchafalaya and OneBadWolf like this.
  42. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:
    The winner of todays ECF ingrate award.

How he feels about this forum.

Asked that his account be closed

(from this thread, same post where he called one of our moderators a bastard)

What he thinks of this forum.

And look at all his supporters. Indignant that he feels unwelcome. He was whining about VU long before this thread started. He forwards like a play-by-play announcer, the mundane occurrences from ECF in threads here to his avid audience.

ECF would never stand for that crap. But here he can do it. Here he can call a Moderator a bastard. Yet, he does not feel " at home here", and bleats about how VU is worse than ECF. Here, he can posture, and ask that his account be closed, tell other members not to read threads they don't like, all the while posting here, in this thread.

I wonder if he is posting from a tent in Calais...

43. Atchafalaya

Blog Posts:
    Why do I feel like I'm back in junior high?
    That's my last post in this thread. Happy Tuesday and caio.

44. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:
    Much worse? Not according to some members here.... lol

45. nightshard

nightshard It's VG/PG not PG/VG VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm not that easily offended :D
    I find that the best way to handle a drama queen is to ignore.

Whiskey and Markw4mms like this.
  46. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    *Edit*

Apologies to @Rixsta - Darth Vapor and everyone else for sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Time likes this.
  47. Rixsta

Blog Posts:
    Wanted to come and apologize to you personally. Personal life over spilled into here, never a good idea.

I am genuinely sorry.

48. nightshard

nightshard It's VG/PG not PG/VG VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    No worries It's all good.

49. Rixsta

Blog Posts:
    Wish I could take back all my posts but what is done is done.

Now I'm of sound mind today (sort of) I think this thread could of been handled better but it is what it is, in saying that, I do take on board the main point here. There is far too much ECF bashing, I have been guilty of this myself, I get it, peeps are sick of it..

Can you remove my ECF badge please, I don't think that is helping at all, I have left there, I don't need reminding. No more talk of that place from me.

Thank you.

(I'm not always an idiot) :confused:

OneBadWolf likes this.
  50. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    You have to make that request in the badge thread so badge issues stay in one area, and posting what you feel,is what VU is all about, no worries:)