Become a Patron!

side button?

Hi..I'm still fairly new to vaping but I'm getting tired of eGos and Spinners. I bought a Bolt and I love it. Simple and uncomplicated, that's for me! I've been looking around for some different styles and sizes of mods but most everything has the bottom firing button. Why is that? I did buy a Seiglei but now I'm having issues with the button and anyway, it really has too much info for me. Is the Bolt the only side button simple mod out there? What's the advantage of a bottom button?

My first "bolt" was from Fast tech but it worked for 3 hits and then quit, so I'm a little leery about ordering from them again. I did like the style tho, so I found a place that had authentic Bolts. I love it and ordered a 2nd one. I guess I'll probably just stick with it and maybe some day I'll graduate to the more complicated stuff.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a LAB model in bead blasted brass by Atmizone: http://www.atmizoo.com/

I ordered it with the 18650 extension and could not be happier with it. It's a really super side button mod with a low, low voltage drop.

Here's the site with photo's: http://www.atmizoo.com/modware/lab/?lang=en#prettyPhoto

I've used it with a 15 am rated 18490 (Purple Efest) down to .5Ohms, and with a 35amp Efest 18650 at .2 Ohms. Both work well in sub-ohm, at higher Ohms with my Russian 91% at 1 Ohm, it works great.

These mods aren't cheap, but they have a good warranty and incredible tech support from the guy that makes them.

realsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Their are a lot of side button mods available. Especially with the box mods. They are all side button. The dna 30 is a good box mod depending on what you want.if you want a mod with a side button, look into the boxes. Hope this helps

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing that you are asking about un-regulated or mechanical mods when you say simple. It all depends on what you want to spend. As far as tube style mechanicals with a side button, there are a few Sigelei models, there is the Atmomixani 69 and it's clones, Poldiac and its clones, GG, a few Atmizoo mods like the roller...

Last edited:

patjar43

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Reason for bottom button is to simplify the device due to post of battery are one top and bottom
It also reduces size of mod

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Reason for bottom button is to simplify the device due to post of battery are one top and bottom
It also reduces size of mod

That too, not to mention, it allows for a nice flush finish without anything protruding from the side.

Reactions: jae

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
KTS is a simple side button mod

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Side button mods are often not true mechanicals, because the switch is sometimes wired and soldered. With a bottom-firing unit, the negative is at the switch and the positive at the 510 connection. It's as simple as it gets and enables less voltage drop, making for a more efficient system overall. Personally i don't care either way, but i do prefer the bottom buttons because it makes for a slimmer profile with no unsightly protrusions.

i am very partial to side buttons. i used an ehpro ea mod for months and months. could be a year by now even. i upgraded to a lab 18650 from atmizoo. same blasted brass as someone mentioned earlier. it is awesome.

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i am very partial to side buttons. i used an ehpro ea mod for months and months. could be a year by now even. i upgraded to a lab 18650 from atmizoo. same blasted brass as someone mentioned earlier. it is awesome.

That lab is a stunning looking mod. Atmizoo's are the only side button mechs that I've ever wanted, just haven't wanted one hard enough to get it I guess. I love my buttom buttons.

1truk

Member For 4 Years
I've got a LAB model in bead blasted brass by Atmizone: http://www.atmizoo.com/

I ordered it with the 18650 extension and could not be happier with it. It's a really super side button mod with a low, low voltage drop.

Here's the site with photo's: http://www.atmizoo.com/modware/lab/?lang=en#prettyPhoto

I've used it with a 15 am rated 18490 (Purple Efest) down to .5Ohms, and with a 35amp Efest 18650 at .2 Ohms. Both work well in sub-ohm, at higher Ohms with my Russian 91% at 1 Ohm, it works great.

These mods aren't cheap, but they have a good warranty and incredible tech support from the guy that makes them.

** Have you tried using it with a KICK by some chance? **

VU Sponsors