Become a Patron!

sig 100w+ or 30w mini?

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
after having my sig 100 for a few months now, i absolutely love it.....so much that ive pretty much retired my hana diy kit. the hana is nowhere near as satisfying as the sig is. my 100 is now dual purpose between work & home use. so im after a new one. anyone have a sig mini 30? how are they? hows the battery life at 25w? i like that its single 18650 w/ charging port, which means i can keep the same batteries & charger going at work. a coworker recently got a 100+, which is very nice. i dont really wanna spend $100 on a 100+ or 150, but have no problem since i already like my current one so much. im looking to stick w/ sig as ive not had any issues with them (aside from the 50w 1st run...).

any thoughts & input are greatly appreciated as always

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Running a mod at near full watts, and especially a SINGLE battery mod, will kill it fairly quick.

Why not an Istick 50 watt, IF you are looking for USB charging? 4400 Mah is better than 2500 Mah.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Still not a fan of any mod where the user cannot swap out the battery. Once the battery kicks, the mod is history.

For me not an issue to stick an extra battery in my pocket.

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
I only run my Sig Mini at 13w with Kayfun 4s, or 18w with a Magma. Gets a little over a whole day with my LGs and Samsung's. I pull them when they get to about 25% and they're usually around 3.5-3.6v..

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i like having dual 18650s in my sig 150 :)

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run my Sig 30w mini at around 14w with a Lemo Drop and an efest 2500mah battery. As others have said I get a little over a day at that wattage, maybe 3-4 tanks. Compared to when I was still using a Nautilus Mini at closer to 10w I've noticed that the 5w increase has probably taken 4 or 5 hours of battery life off, so I'd imagine taking it to 25w would take it down to much less Han a days worth of power. Usage may vary of course. I can't complain, since everything else about the mod is great, but I'm personally planning on picking up two more batteries and a charger sometime this week. As far as size and construction/durability go I'd still recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice device at 30w or less, but be prepared to charge often or keep spares around

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My buddy just got one. Ran it at 28w for 2 1/2 days and the battery meter was still at 42%. That's my next purchase.

i switch off between my sig 150 and subtank mini (0.5ohm @25W) and mechs/RDAs when im at home....My batteries lasted me over 5 days on the sig 150, only reason i changed them was because I was going to take it with me when I went out and wanted fresh charged batteries

VU Sponsors