Become a Patron!

Sigelei 100W box

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wondering if anyone has received one yet? Also can anyone recommend a reputable dealer to order these from?

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Got mine today. Still have to subohm on it to get the full 100 watts. But I like it. Definitely more power than I'll ever need. Vaping on it at 70 watts with a 0.4 ohm dual coil build in my plume veil.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what you got, BugOut. But my Sigelei 100W does not have those limitations. It tops out at 8.5 Volts. And I know it's pushing my 0.7 ohm build at that which comes out to about 12 amps. So I'm pretty sure this has a 15 amp or higher capability. The voltage limitation does mean you have to build at 0.7 ohms or lower to get the full 100 watts. So a bit disappointing in that respect but not a deal breaker.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received mine and am filming/testing now. You are correct and the info I read was clearly wrong. I am able to fire 100w even with a 1.1ohm build, let alone a .3 (I really have no use anymore for sub-ohm). I love that the battery door is unlike other boxes - ie. no seam below where your atty sits like most. The magnets are STRONG too - the screwdriver will literally stick to the back, lol! I'm falling in love pretty quick. Video to come in the next few hours.

i think this might be my next buy.. unless the ipv3 blows this out of the water..

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Bug out, as always you rock. Keep us posted. I would love to see an online side by side review of all three or four boxes.
LOVE the magnet idea and the way the door is done to avoid juice leak issues (on the Sig 100). A bit disconcerting about the voltage issue however. Please keep us posted about accuracy. Is the 510 really an adjustable screw and not spring loaded? What did they do about the charge port and USB? Did they remove them entirely?

The Cloupor t8 looks promising. At least it doesn't look like a black dildo or vibrator! :)

I tried to get a beta unit of the God 180 box but they were being super difficult (and their MOQ is too high for this poor guy). What a shame since they have a lot of work ahead if they are going to earn vape community respect with so many other name brand vendors out there that are already known. (Did you see the coke can and violin shaped mods they manufacture and sell on their web site?). Ugh. Looks like a tourist souvenir or flea market item. BUT... maybe the 180 will be a pleasant surprise. Fingers crossed.

My ipv3 should arrive monday at the earliest. I have NO idea what i will do with 150w but i love the 2 battery idea.
I am a bit concerned about what i just read about some issues with the P4Y warranty shipping however through asmodus. another thread. I will have to look into this as it will be a huge deal breaker for many folks if this is true.
Seems like the iPV2S was a sale bust. Maybe they should have thought through their timing of release a bit better. Hmmm.
Their R&D department is supposedly working on something very "technologically advanced" (whatever the heck that means). They did say they were not planning on a higher wattage box nor a dual 26650 box).

Anybody see the epower 3 box mod? Looks sort of like an iphone (Has internal battery but only goes up to 15w).

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great looking mod. Nice for normal builds.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great review, Thanks
The left handed thread in the 510 pin is a great idea. It will keep the pin from tightening up when you put a atty on it. I'll be checking out your new show.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The device has a 7 volt limit. It looks like you pretty much hit that limit with a 1.1ohm coil at 50 watts. Did you try the inline volt meter at 100 watts? The setting may be 100w and it may fire but I wonder what the voltmeter would show. Just curious. That would be just about in line with the .5 or below to achieve 100w caveat.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nick, great video (as usual). You look a little squinty eyed in it. Hehe.
I was coveting some of your collection on view over your left shoulder. Dang!

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It would take 10.5 volts to get a 1.1 ohm coil to 100 watts. If the Sigelei is capped at 7 volts you'll have to build a .5 ohm coil to see 100 watts.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great review, Thanks
The left handed thread in the 510 pin is a great idea. It will keep the pin from tightening up when you put a atty on it. I'll be checking out your new show.

lol, just said the same thing on his youtube channel. :)

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, just said the same thing on his youtube channel. :)
Great review, Thanks
I AGREE! --- BUT --- ONLY IF THE USER KNOWS IT"S A LEFT HAND THREAD! --- Otherwise it can cause a big problem --- Ask me how I know!

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I AGREE! --- BUT --- ONLY IF THE USER KNOWS IT"S A LEFT HAND THREAD! --- Otherwise it can cause a big problem --- Ask me how I know!

Lol, yes I know. I have a washing maching sitting in the other room right now with a bolt twisted off in the transmissions that I was trying to fix. I later found out I didn't even need to take that apart as the problem was somewhere else that I had overlooked and once I had the top of the bolt in my hand I realized why it wasn't loosening :)

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
I'm still wondering where this information is coming from. My Sigelei 100W's voltage cap is 8.5 volts. Not 7. But with a 8.5 V cap, the highest you can build your coil build to is 0.72 ohms to get the 100W. Actually I've found it runs rather well with a 0.5 ohm build.

The device has a 7 volt limit. It looks like you pretty much hit that limit with a 1.1ohm coil at 50 watts. Did you try the inline volt meter at 100 watts? The setting may be 100w and it may fire but I wonder what the voltmeter would show. Just curious. That would be just about in line with the .5 or below to achieve 100w caveat.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im shopping around for a 100w or higher mod and I'm stuck between this and one of the new cloupors. I've ruled out the IPV3 and the 180W god box looks cool but idk about the company..

Otto Dafe

Member For 4 Years
What are you guys doing for batteries with these? Do you have two in the box and two charged and waiting? I kind of want one but I'm put off a bit by the thought of having $40 in batts devoted to one mod.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm still wondering where this information is coming from. My Sigelei 100W's voltage cap is 8.5 volts. Not 7. But with a 8.5 V cap, the highest you can build your coil build to is 0.72 ohms to get the 100W. Actually I've found it runs rather well with a 0.5 ohm build.

I believe I saw it on Eggcity's Sigelei 100 watt page.
It appears their specs are off.
http://www.eciggity.com/sigelei-100-watt-box-mod/
The YIHI page for the V3 100w chip says it as well. http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V3-100W-New-Vapor-Chip-270814.html
(Edit: I just noticed that the spec box says 6.0v and the picture at the bottom of the page shows 8.5v. Yikes.)
Looking at the specs for the 330 V2 at YIHI I see it is 8.5v but 60w. Shrug.
Sigelei's page for it doesn't say at all. http://sigelei.com/goods.php?id=604
Thus some confusion on the specs.

Last edited:

Pauly Meatballs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was unable to get anything over 6V with my sample model, maybe they tinkered with the chip to raise it to 7v?

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im shopping around for a 100w or higher mod and I'm stuck between this and one of the new cloupors. I've ruled out the IPV3 and the 180W god box looks cool but idk about the company..

Not to put down Cloupor but Sigelei has released numerous different electronic devices in the past while Cloupor is just getting their feet wet. I have both a Sigelei and a Cloupor device and have had no problems with either but I think there is a bit more quality in the Sigelei.

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I had a spare Franklin laying around, the Sigelei 100W would be mine. Quite impressed with the quality construction of this mod and Sigelei mods in general.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to put down Cloupor but Sigelei has released numerous different electronic devices in the past while Cloupor is just getting their feet wet. I have both a Sigelei and a Cloupor device and have had no problems with either but I think there is a bit more quality in the Sigelei.
And this is the main reason I'm leaning toward Sigelei instead of Cloupor. The only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on the Sig 100w is the confusion on the voltage output specs. I wonder if anyone has them in stock right now?

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And this is the main reason I'm leaning toward Sigelei instead of Cloupor. The only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on the Sig 100w is the confusion on the voltage output specs. I wonder if anyone has them in stock right now?

It would seem the only confusion was before they shipped. People who have the release model confirm 8.5v. Sigelei itself hasn't been all that forthcoming. YIHI has been rolling through chips and updates with a torrid pace and can't seem to keep track of them themselves. The full tilt release pace itself does make me a little nervous. I would fear quality control would suffer from it. I'm leaning towards letting the dust settle (if it ever does) and seeing which one holds up to everyday use.

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly what I'm doing.. I wanted one of the Sigelei 100W boxes but 1st gen anything almost always has kinks that need to be worked out.. I'm up to my ass in mods so I can wait for it.. Heard the usb charging feature was removed.. None of these 100w and above boxes that are coming out can do pass thru charging so the usb port is near useless really.. As far as I can tell they all run twin batteries in series (stacked) so no extended vape time just more voltage.. Not really what I'm looking for tbh..

Otto Dafe

Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I worded that poorly. The batteries are in series, but regardless there are two of them and so the vape time is doubled at the same wattage.

Last edited:

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@BugOut Machine Does the device step down voltage? The chip in the 50w IPV and 50w Sigelei do not step down voltage. I'm curious if you can fire a 0.2ohm at 7watts which would be around 1.2volts. I know the screen on my Sigelei 50w will READ 1.2v @ 7w but my voltage meter shows 3.4 or higher truly being put to the atty. It cannot step down. It's clearly not 7w just based on the pluming 40watt clouds that are pouring out of my mouth...lol What about the chip in the 100w version? have you tested that out?

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
It steps down voltage, but only down to 10 watts. It doesn't go lower than 10 watts.

@BugOut Machine Does the device step down voltage? The chip in the 50w IPV and 50w Sigelei do not step down voltage. I'm curious if you can fire a 0.2ohm at 7watts which would be around 1.2volts. I know the screen on my Sigelei 50w will READ 1.2v @ 7w but my voltage meter shows 3.4 or higher truly being put to the atty. It cannot step down. It's clearly not 7w just based on the pluming 40watt clouds that are pouring out of my mouth...lol What about the chip in the 100w version? have you tested that out?

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It steps down voltage, but only down to 10 watts. It doesn't go lower than 10 watts.
You have tested this with voltage meter? and see a .2 fire at 1.2V? The screen on the IPV and 50w Sigelei do not tell the truth when stepping down. It says 1.2v but it delivers 3.4v+ thats the difference between 7w and 40w. I'd like to see some pics with your voltage meter if you can...this is a make or break for my purchase of the device so I must be convinced. :)

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Don't need to really test it with a voltmeter, I can tell cause at 10 watt setting with my dual coil 0.4 build, it doesn't even barely start to get warm. It would sizzle at least a little bit if it was dumping two stacked batteries worth of voltage to it. The IPV and 50W sigelei only have one battery so it only dumps 3.X (whatever the battery charge is) out when it's too low. Once I replace my inline meter that I burned up, on a cloupor mod lol, I'll post some pics maybe, if I remember too.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has any one tried to replace the 510 on this mod? I want to install a spring loaded 510 in the sig 100 watt because I hate the 510 that it has.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or has anyone removed the original? Just curious how's it held on I got a fat daddy 510 coming. U know when I took it apart it had a thumb screw I think and some black goo. I was only brave enough to just lift the plastic cover 4 screws (two mini screws are in the battery divider under the white date stickers)

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya i think it is just glued in there I also took mine apart to have a look see. I have a varatube 510 but it looks like it will be to long. The fatt daddy short may fit, with some work

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or has anyone removed the original? Just curious how's it held on I got a fat daddy 510 coming. U know when I took it apart it had a thumb screw I think and some black goo. I was only brave enough to just lift the plastic cover 4 screws (two mini screws are in the battery divider under the white date stickers)

I posted more detail in another thread. It's not an easy task.

The 510 connector is threaded in and there is a small nut on the inside. You'll need to remove the wires and solder underneath it, then remove the small nut, then unthread the 510 through the top. The aluminum is soft so it's pretty easy to hose the box when your doing this.

Once that's done the fat daddy short version is still a bit long and you have that to deal with.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm so sick of this fu*king pin!!
I'm not glad to hear this for your sake, that sucks... However I think this and the previous few posts have made up my mind to wait and get the Plus with the spring loaded pin. Hope you guys get your issues figured out. Every damn mod has something that isn't ideal at the least. Kinda frustrating.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It would've been a issue if I just had one atty but I use at least 5 different ones. That's a lot of screwing! And not the good kind...;)

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i just sold mine and i am buying the plus version. that damn pin is as bad as the 2 click wake up on the clone dna 30's lol

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it really that bad? I've got a two week wait for mine, I personally am weary of the spring loaded 510. So I don't think I'm going for the plus.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No it's really not that bad most attys have a adjustable pin. So I screw the the 510 all the way down and adjust the Atty. Or add a rigged plastic washer from a bottle tip cut off Like a 1.5 MM thick.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cut the tip off so it sticks out like so
71c1081533cdc44d272c04e5fcb4cb72.jpg

Cut this tip off a mm or so fits most 510 pins perfect like the veritas pictured here
e74367a61a3e8fb2e2be2876687d0021.jpg

VU Sponsors