Become a Patron!

sigelei 150

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do regulated mods, specifically the sigelei 150, account for voltage drop? Or are the calculations done prior to firing?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Voltage drop is pretty much irrelevant with a device that has the ability to adjust applied voltage.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That is one of the many things I like about the regulated devices like the Sigelei's.

Put in your batteries, add a filled topper, find the wattage you like best and then you are done.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I'm indirectly asking if the box reads a .2 atty and knows it has to exert 4.2 volts to hit 88 watts if that's what you set it at, will it actually hit less than 88 watts because of voltage drop, or does it read the voltage drop and exert more in order to get 4.2 volts to the coil? Know what I mean? Think about it.....

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I'm indirectly asking if the box reads a .2 atty and knows it has to exert 4.2 volts to hit 88 watts if that's what you set it at, will it actually hit less than 88 watts because of voltage drop, or does it read the voltage drop and exert more in order to get 4.2 volts to the coil? Know what I mean? Think about it.....

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So basically you are asking if it has step down capability or vice versa step up?

gryffandor

Member For 4 Years
The Sigelei 150 & 100 Plus are both step-down (I have both). As the battery level decreases it's just that much less the chip has to drain before sending the voltage to the atty.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Rhyno636 no I don't believe it does. However since I find the wattage I like and am not aiming for a specific wattage, it does not matter to me. Because once I find what I like, regardless if it is accurate, it will be consistent. The SX330 V3 chip in the 100W is listed with a roughly 93% efficiency.

VU Sponsors