Become a Patron!

sigelei 150w builds!

What's up guys! I just picked up the sigelei 150w the other day and I threw a 22g 6wrap in it for now. It rips like crazy but I'm using a mutation x and I know there's a better build option that doesn't go below .1 any ideas or suggestions maybe parallels?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am running 22 guage 5 wraps at .1 ohm on the mutation X V2 on my IPV V3 same chipset give it a try I do not like going below .2 ohms in theory on the high end regulated devices as they are only putting out 20amps in series and that equates to safely run .2 ohms I see little difference between .1 and .2 on a sigeli or IPV V3

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I don't have the 150 watt but I do have the 100 watt Siggy. ATM I am running an Orchid V4 with dual coils 7/8 wrap of 27 gauge Kanthal actual diameter unknown because I am using a freaking nail (#8 I think) as a form.

But it comes out to 0.5 ohms and right tasty at 28 watts.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have this cheap Enigma clone. I got it for like 10 bucks and it gets the job done. I just put a .22 ohm build on my 150W. 24g kanthal, 5 wraps around a 2 mm screwdriver. I tried to see how it would work at 150 watts just for the hell of it and it was WAY too hot. Seems to be a good vape at 90-100 watts.

Looking to get a better RDA though...I've been using a Lemo and a Veritas for the flavor and they have been incredible so I got away from the clouds. I've been running about .8 - 1.2 ohm coils at around 35 watts with those but like I said those atomizers are all about the flavor. I'd like to have a decent RDA though in case I feel like blowing clouds but at the moment the cheap Enigma isn't doing so bad! :)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am running 22 guage 5 wraps at .1 ohm on the mutation X V2 on my IPV V3 same chipset give it a try I do not like going below .2 ohms in theory on the high end regulated devices as they are only putting out 20amps in series and that equates to safely run .2 ohms I see little difference between .1 and .2 on a sigeli or IPV V3
Safely only .2 because of the 20 amps your device puts put? Voltage is key in this instance.

darkox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
20150113_042321.jpg I'm using 22g nichrome, 2.65mm 9 wraps @ .2

I also tried this wicking method and it really helps with dry hits when going over 100 watts

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Safely only .2 because of the 20 amps your device puts put? Voltage is key in this instance.
Ohm's law cannot be twisted yes you can do .1 ohms I do it all the time I said safely and according to owns law the requirement is 41amps how can you change that?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly I saw the title and thought you gutted a Sig box and used the innards in another box.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ohm's law cannot be twisted yes you can do .1 ohms I do it all the time I said safely and according to owns law the requirement is 41amps how can you change that?
Not twisted, but it can be applied. Take 150w and like 8.8v, then reverse engineer your way back.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have the 150 watt but I do have the 100 watt Siggy. ATM I am running an Orchid V4 with dual coils 7/8 wrap of 27 gauge Kanthal actual diameter unknown because I am using a freaking nail (#8 I think) as a form.
But it comes out to 0.5 ohms and right tasty at 28 watts.
That's a .138" id, RJ. It's a 3.5mm mandrel, basically.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By not using the voltage of a single 18650 and not forgetting that ohms law doesn't apply to a regulated device with a dc-dc convertor the same way it does to an unregulated mech. 150w made with 8.4v only draws 17.87a.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
d84495037d29a677a2338d13a54dd6f9.jpg

Just built my new coil for the vape comp

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's up guys! I just picked up the sigelei 150w the other day and I threw a 22g 6wrap in it for now. It rips like crazy but I'm using a mutation x and I know there's a better build option that doesn't go below .1 any ideas or suggestions maybe parallels?
Bro is that single or dual? You said "a" but making sure.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought the Segelei 150w box mod and should be here today. Also ordered the Mutation X V4 atomizer. I'm new to the box mod and building my own coils right now i havE some 22ga kanthol. Looking for build tips with this setup I'm looking for good flavor and big clouds. Any help will be most appreciated thanks
What a relief - I'm so sick of posts from people looking for lousy flavor and tiny clouds!

For 22g, try some simple duals in the 0.4 range - work great for me on my Mutations, though I go to 26g twisted for flavor...

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome I also have a sig150w oni in red for a few months now, currently with a plum veil 1.5 just got 24g kA1 a couple weeks ago, up from twisting my 26g kA1. Have a mX v4 in black comming tommorow or Saturday so excited! Though my ol lady won't be as I cloud up the house now around 90w n 80 vg of my black berry custard

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome I also have a sig150w oni in red for a few months now, currently with a plum veil 1.5 just got 24g kA1 a couple weeks ago, up from twisting my 26g kA1. Have a mX v4 in black comming tommorow or Saturday so excited! Though my ol lady won't be as I cloud up the house now around 90w n 80 vg of my black berry custard
Awesome id love to see your build when you get your MX V4....

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do! Usps says it left Greensboro NC today about 1pm, n I live in kill devil hills NC on the coast wooO

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also just got the Sigelei 150 and an clouding it up. My cloud atty is a Mutation X V4. Im using a simple beginners build, 24g Kanthal dual coils at 9 wraps wraped on a 3mm screw driver came in at .4 ohms. At 70w clouds are great, massive and thick. Vape is good not too hot but i have the air holes all wide open and the clear extention piece on the top all which help cool the vape and increase air flow. I will post oics of my build and clouds in a little while.

I used to vape on the pen style vapes back in the day when kanger pros were the best tanks around lol but now that i am getting started again I recently bought a sigelei 150w and was wondering if anyone had any input about a mad hatter mini? Or a doge or anything they would recommend really. I am currently running an aspire Atlantis v2 and am wanting to expand into the rda capabilities of the mod

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the plume veil 1.5, mutation v4, dark horse they all can chuck it.I like the v4 better it can chuck it, but can be messy with the bottom air flow of not carefull with good flavor. Dark horse isn't bad it's 3 post and do like it. I would recommend a velocity. Think I will get that one next, or the mini version.

I have the plume veil 1.5, mutation v4, dark horse they all can chuck it.I like the v4 better it can chuck it, but can be messy with the bottom air flow of not carefull with good flavor. Dark horse isn't bad it's 3 post and do like it. I would recommend a velocity. Think I will get that one next, or the mini version.
Thanks. I keep reading mutation everywhere and my buddy has a dark horse but another buddy is making me lean towards a mad hatter mini. Just curious what everyone else thinks

Last edited:

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep,I have 5 colors mutation x v4,maybe I will try velocity next time too,haha.But I have to say still a crazy experience with x v4

10 wrap 22g. Comes out to .27 -.3 ohms.lower wattage it's a nice cool vape. Crank her up and she's blowing clouds all day.

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loved my Sigelei 150 watt before I upgraded to my X CUBE II. Can you build claptons? Do you have a drill? What kinda wire do you have to work with?

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
X cube w the TVF4 is on my wish list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not twisted, but it can be applied. Take 150w and like 8.8v, then reverse engineer your way back.

My sig 150 ig giving me a headache... how do I get the moth vape out of my sig with all those clouds like my Apollo mech... I have 20g and 28g wire right now...

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My sig 150 ig giving me a headache... how do I get the moth vape out of my sig with all those clouds like my Apollo mech... I have 20g and 28g wire right now...
What's your build on the mech? If your using a mech you should know that if you use a ohm calculator that your ohms at 4.2v = watts your doing on a mech mod. Check it out

Last edited:

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never got into anything fancy.
My only sig150 build is a dual 20 gauge 5.5 wrap ~ 0.12 ohms, in a Mutation X v2 clone. That was over 6 months ago and I'm still using it. Although it's in a sorta-rotation with 2 other Mutations that have 0.14 ohm builds and a 0.18 ohm Yep RDA.
coil-20g5.5.JPG

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never got into anything fancy.
My only sig150 build is a dual 20 gauge 5.5 wrap ~ 0.12 ohms, in a Mutation X v2 clone. That was over 6 months ago and I'm still using it. Although it's in a sorta-rotation with 2 other Mutations that have 0.14 ohm builds and a 0.18 ohm Yep RDA.
View attachment 40834
How was the VAPE
What watts?

Vape On

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was the VAPE
What watts?

I like it. It produces nice clouds and flavor.
I use it at 80-90 watts. Much higher then 90 makes it real easy to get dry hits due to the cotton not being able to wick fast enough.

If the coils are 'cold', it can take 2 seconds to heat up.
As long as I don't wait more then 20 seconds between hits, there isn't a noticeable ramp up.
10 seconds after a hit, the coils are still warm enough to produce vapor.
When chain vaping, it's easy for the RDA to get hot to the touch, have measured it at over 130F on my infrared thermometer (1st degree burn territory).

VU Sponsors