Become a Patron!

Sigelei 150W

I'm about to hop on the Sigelei bandwagon and happen to stumble across the new Sigelei 150W on their website. It appears to be identical design to the 100 with a different chip and all the updates of the Plus. I have only found one online retailer offering preorders with expected ship in mid-December. Now the dilemma, to get the 100 Plus or wait for the 150.

Here's the link to the 150 on Sigelei's site. http://www.sigelei.com/goods.php?id=615

BugOut Machine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That looks like something I should purchase to review!

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What perks do the Sigelei box mods generally offer over the IPV box mods? (and vice versa...)

Are they similar enough to the point where it just comes down to price and aesthetics, or are there meaningful functional differences between the two?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What perks do the Sigelei box mods generally offer over the IPV box mods? Are they similar enough to the point where it just comes down to price and aesthetics, or are there meaningful functional differences between the two?

since the ipv3 doesnt have the touch sensor enabled, i don't think theres much of a difference between the two as far as options.. After seeing everyones reviews and opinions, it seems the Sig100 is a better/cleaner built device at the end of it all but I could be wrong.. I know people who have both and love them equally - I think it comes down to personal preference .. As far as looks I think the ipv3 takes the win.. but for reliability and warranty - I think Sig could take the win.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I pre-ordered the plus on black friday @ a 30% discount. Ended up being $76. I knew of the 150w coming soon but couldn't pass up such a great deal. Should ship out Saturday according to the retailer.

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
since the ipv3 doesnt have the touch sensor enabled, i don't think theres much of a difference between the two as far as options.. After seeing everyones reviews and opinions, it seems the Sig100 is a better/cleaner built device at the end of it all but I could be wrong.. I know people who have both and love them equally - I think it comes down to personal preference .. As far as looks I think the ipv3 takes the win.. but for reliability and warranty - I think Sig could take the win.
Cool, I definitely needed to hear this from someone. It's weird that I don't care too much about actually utilizing any heavy duty wattage up in the 100s range, but the fact that the product offers it still heavily factors into my decision making process. I guess it's more of the idea that I want what I could have, rather than just what I actually need.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is the Sig 150 upgrade able like the ipv3 or did they use a different yihi chip?

I have heard its not upgradeable from someone, but they couldn't confirm it from a legit source.. I know the 100watt isn't, so I'm assuming this one isn't either.. but it would be nice to be proven wrong :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard its not upgradeable from someone, but they couldn't confirm it from a legit source.. I know the 100watt isn't, so I'm assuming this one isn't either.. but it would be nice to be proven wrong :)
I was just wondering because if it is not then they must have used a different version of the yihi chip than p4y did. I read on one site Vapor Range I think that it had charging in the box through usb. This does not really seem safe or realistic for a dual sled which made me think maybe it was misinformation and it was actually the upgrade cable like the ipv3. lol There is always a lot of mixed up and scattered info at this stage it seems.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You cant charge two 18650 batteries safely by using a usb.
If the sig 150 doesn't have the usb then moot point on both the upgrade option and charging. And yes, it uses the same YiHi chip.
IPV3 has usb for upgrade to 165 (180 by end of year), charge port was functional on first version shipped (which i have). The latest version seems to have it blocked/plugged.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If the sig 150 doesn't have the usb then moot point on both the upgrade option and charging. And yes, it uses the same YiHi chip.
IPV3 has usb for upgrade to 165 (180 by end of year), charge port was functional on first version shipped (which i have). The latest version seems to have it blocked/plugged.
My Carbon Fiber IPV3 has the port blocked with a shiny metal piece, looks nice and clean. I went with the IPV3 since the firmware upgrade made everything read to the hundredths, don't care about the power. I've had it one day now and I'm loving it. I like it's appearance more, too, only downside is screws for the battery door. Not a big deal.

As far as warranty, that kinda tipped the scales for me, too. The Sig Plus and Sig 150 are only 3 months, and Asmodus handles it just like the IPV3. The IPV3 says one year from vendors, it's actually six months. I confirmed all of this at Asmodus's website. So, seems like they both have the sketchy warranty company that apparently likes to change terms.

omeed

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Carbon Fiber IPV3 has the port blocked with a shiny metal piece, looks nice and clean. I went with the IPV3 since the firmware upgrade made everything read to the hundredths, don't care about the power. I've had it one day now and I'm loving it. I like it's appearance more, too, only downside is screws for the battery door. Not a big deal.

As far as warranty, that kinda tipped the scales for me, too. The Sig Plus and Sig 150 are only 3 months, and Asmodus handles it just like the IPV3. The IPV3 says one year from vendors, it's actually six months. I confirmed all of this at Asmodus's website. So, seems like they both have the sketchy warranty company that apparently likes to change terms.

My charge port is blocked as well. The hardware is there on mine, unlike the touch sensor (sigh), but capped off. Got mine a couple weeks ago.
i consider it an epic fail, they should've converted over to a magnetic door at that point like everyone else.
But all these negatives aside, I love my ipv.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay then. Canceling my order of the 100w+ and getting this one. Good thing this forum exist.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the Sig 150's will be in stock on Dec. 21st at Fasttech

I don't understand why the heck they put so many vent holes in the side of this thing. The vent holes on the bottom were plenty. The side holes will collect dirt and juice. These chinese companies just can't seem to leave well enough alone

sig150.JPG

Last edited:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the plus and pre-ordered the 150W. When I ordered it, it was announced with an adjustable pin but if it is spring loaded I will be that much happier.

Honestly, the only reason I would go with the 150W instead of the plus is if you want to build .1ohms instead of the .15 the plus has. I can understand the wattage increase since at that low of a resistance, reducing the low end limit by .05 is huge and 4.2v at .1ohms would be 176w.

IMO, don't do it for the higher wattage, do it if you want the lower resistance.

VU Sponsors